Skip to content

Lombardi and Banner gone, Farmer new GM

The Browns Board
218 64 10.4k
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #54

    I wonder... if that was the final opening of Haslam's eyes about them Good point.

    Banner was a jerk to the media, sure he and scumbardi were jerks to the fa's.

    Maybe that got back to Haslam, via the coaches. Then he saw what was really wrong -

    those two dipsticks ! This is freaking GREAT !

  • What does this mean for our own free agents? Is this shakeup an explanation for the lack of negotiations for Mack and Ward?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @cleinchi said:

    What does this mean for our own free agents? Is this shakeup an explanation for the lack of negotiations for Mack and Ward?

    We can only speculate, but Farmer was a hard-hitting safety in college ... think he likes T.J. Ward?

    If we get Mack and Ward back that tells us a lot, because the media has been saying they were all but gone.

    Zombo

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Just found this site and at the best possible time. Don't know why it took them until now to do this, but I'm grateful it's done. It feels as though the little moral victories that we've had to celebrate in the recent past are about to be overshadowed...

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #57

    Shocker. Go truck stop jimmy, go.

  • b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
    #58

    this can only help with Ward/Mack... Great Hire, feel way better about Draft/FA now

  • What does this mean for our own free agents? Is this shakeup an explanation for the lack of negotiations for Mack and Ward?

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @cleinchi said:

    What does this mean for our own free agents? Is this shakeup an explanation for the lack of negotiations for Mack and Ward?

    I 100% expect to see the franchise tag put on Ward as early as next Monday. He is our #1 FA in my opinion. Now that Banner is gone, I 99% expect to see Alex Mack return to the team. See below...

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/12/pro_bowl_center_alex_mack_will.html

    I couldn't see Banner giving him the money, but I certainly see Farmer (with a little convincing from other players, Joe Thomas particularly) being willing to bring him back... Just speculating

  • M Momszer wrote on last edited by
    #60

    From the Dawg Pound and the Players, we are

    Happy and peppy and bursting with love,
    Dancing and singing to heavens above,
    Jumping and rolling like a little pup,
    If they knock me down, I'm gonna bounce back up.

    Happy and peppy and feeling so swell,
    I'm gonna answer answer when I hear the bell,
    I'll knock down defeat with fury ferocious
    Happy, precocious and swell. 😁

    By Sam I Am

  • Farmer: Star player with a degree from Duke, played three years in the NFL (Eagles) before injury ended his career. Scout for the Falcons for several years (lots of talent there), Director of Pro Personnel in KC (lot's of talent there), 39 years old ... this is the kind of resume you hitch your wagon to, not a guy that fetched Al Davis coffee for eight years and then talked on TV about other people's drafts.

    God, I hated ratface Banner and Lombardi since day one ... tried to give them a chance ... but just knew they were wrong for us.

    Let's roll ...

    Zombo

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Zombo said:

    Farmer: Star player with a degree from Duke, played three years in the NFL (Eagles) before injury ended his career. Scout for the Falcons for several years (lots of talent there), Director of Pro Personnel in KC (lot's of talent there), 39 years old ... this is the kind of resume you hitch your wagon to, not a guy that fetched Al Davis coffee for eight years and then talked on TV about other people's drafts.

    God, I hated ratface Banner and Lombardi since day one ... tried to give them a chance ... but just knew they were wrong for us.

    Let's roll ...

    Zombo

    I know how to use Google. But, I'm interested to hear why he is considered such a great candidate, from a source that knows a little bit more... I am just happy that he's a "football" guy, not a money/metrics guy...

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #62

    I like Haslam so much right now. He's tired of the browns being a joke and so am I

  • Zombo said:

    Farmer: Star player with a degree from Duke, played three years in the NFL (Eagles) before injury ended his career. Scout for the Falcons for several years (lots of talent there), Director of Pro Personnel in KC (lot's of talent there), 39 years old ... this is the kind of resume you hitch your wagon to, not a guy that fetched Al Davis coffee for eight years and then talked on TV about other people's drafts.

    God, I hated ratface Banner and Lombardi since day one ... tried to give them a chance ... but just knew they were wrong for us.

    Let's roll ...

    Zombo

    I know how to use Google. But, I'm interested to hear why he is considered such a great candidate, from a source that knows a little bit more... I am just happy that he's a "football" guy, not a money/metrics guy...

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @thenew23 said:

    I know how to use Google. But, I'm interested to hear why he is considered such a great candidate, from a source that knows a little bit more... I am just happy that he's a "football" guy, not a money/metrics guy...

    I wasn't answering your question. I posted that on my own before I saw yours. Glad you can google, Chachi.

    Zombo

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #64

    He's a big-time football guy, alright. A previous scout, etc. What a great move.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Farmer...

    and this is interesting:

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10435967

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #65

    1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #66

    Anyone wonder if Haslam will accept less than the number one pick? I'm thinking Bridgewater

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #67

    I feel a little better now about not trading up in this draft and getting fucked. Sign Ward and Mack. Have an awesome draft GO BROWNS

  • 1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #68

    Zombo said:

    1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

    Love that picture of Farmer. That's the guy I want calling the shots...

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #69

    I'm just as happy as the next guy.

    Let's hope it stays this way and we're not calling for Farmer's head a year from today.

    Now, we:

    Draft Manziel (or Bortles, still hoping for Bortles).

    Draft Christian Jones.

    Draft Louchiez Purifoy.

    Draft Cyril Richardson.

    Draft Ed Reynolds.

    Draft Storm Johnson.

    Sign Jeremy Maclin.

    Sign Jon Asamoah.

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by BadNewsBrowns
    #70

    Haslam - Farmer has final say on 53 man roster Pettine has final say on game day roster.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #71

    that is good to hear.

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #72

    I won't lie, over the past couple weeks I have been very skeptical about the Browns future. I did not trust Banner and Lombardi and thought they were not qualified for their positions. This makes me ECSTATIC!!! I believe in Farmer and have a renewed faith in Haslam. He isn't an owner that will tolerate any bullshit. Good for him to pull the trigger.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    This is amazing new for sure. I am so happy that I probably won't throw up in my mouth when I get my season ticket bill.