Skip to content

Lombardi and Banner gone, Farmer new GM

The Browns Board
218 64 10.4k
  • 1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #78

    Zombo said:

    1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

    Morpheus is our gm. We're all set now

  • Jimmy don't fuck around. I hope he doesn't get indicted. Do you think he's ever killed anyone?

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @erniecamacho84 said:

    Jimmy don't fuck around. I hope he doesn't get indicted. Do you think he's ever killed anyone?

    LOL why do you think he has???? Did you watch The Godfather recently?

  • 1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #80

    Zombo said:

    1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

    Zombo said:

    1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

    Zombo said:

    1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

    I'll take the top 2 guys ALL DAY

  • RockR Rock wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Go Browns!!! 🙂

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #82

    And you thought Lombardi was resentful and bashed the Browns before his second stint with them.

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #83

    Wonder what they're going to do with all these Lombardi and Banner scouts now.. will we forgo this years draft like we did last year?

    The perception of Lombardi is a sniveling undermining snakey weasel... will he do his best to sabotage us now that he's canned?

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    Well I think this is good news. Maybe Jimmy could have done this sooner but better late than never. I noticed during the presser when asked about Banner's comment concerning Quinn, Haslam shot back he was full on board with Pettin and wonder if that started things in motion added to wanting to let Mack walk, which I cannnot figure out why we woudl do that given our cap situation and that Mack is young player. Jimmy saw the light and said buck stops with me.

  • GoBrowns 0G GoBrowns 0 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    Awesome! Go Browns!

  • Zombo said:

    1044780_10152231799209684_1749904948_n.p140123-mike-pettine-top.jpg

    or

    12642608-standard.jpg

    Morpheus is our gm. We're all set now

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Morpheus is our gm. We're all set now

    post-1565-0-81101100-1392141068_thumb.jpg

  • I'm just as happy as the next guy.

    Let's hope it stays this way and we're not calling for Farmer's head a year from today.

    Now, we:

    Draft Manziel (or Bortles, still hoping for Bortles).

    Draft Christian Jones.

    Draft Louchiez Purifoy.

    Draft Cyril Richardson.

    Draft Ed Reynolds.

    Draft Storm Johnson.

    Sign Jeremy Maclin.

    Sign Jon Asamoah.

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm just as happy as the next guy.

    Let's hope it stays this way and we're not calling for Farmer's head a year from today.

    Now, we:

    Draft Manziel (or Bortles, still hoping for Bortles).

    Draft Christian Jones.

    Draft Louchiez Purifoy.

    Draft Cyril Richardson.

    Draft Ed Reynolds.

    Draft Storm Johnson.

    Sign Jeremy Maclin.

    Sign Jon Asamoah.

    I like it! Would like to see JC Copeland in there too.

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    Just jerked off to the article about firing Lombardi. Greatest release ever

  • Just jerked off to the article about firing Lombardi. Greatest release ever

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @cdl15 said:

    Just jerked off to the article about firing Lombardi. Greatest release ever

    Even better than The Eagles Hotel California ?

  • Wonder what they're going to do with all these Lombardi and Banner scouts now.. will we forgo this years draft like we did last year?

    The perception of Lombardi is a sniveling undermining snakey weasel... will he do his best to sabotage us now that he's canned?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #90

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Wonder what they're going to do with all these Lombardi and Banner scouts now.. will we forgo this years draft like we did last year?

    The perception of Lombardi is a sniveling undermining snakey weasel... will he do his best to sabotage us now that he's canned?

    They'll probably retain some people, keep some people.

    All their current draft scouting stays with the team. Lombardi/Banner won't release the Browns current big board because they need to try to stay employable.

    Looking forward to lombardi going back to NFLN and bashing every browns pick and seeing them turn into pro bowlers.

    Banner's reputation is more weasel than lombardi too. Lombardi's reputation is being a stubborn horrible talent evaluator.

  • mohicanM mohican wrote on last edited by
    #91

    I think when George Thomas, (not a sports reporter) told Haslam that the number one question on the stations website was if the Three Stooges were running the Browns was the beginning of the end for Banner and Lombardi. Also asked at that press conference - If Lombardi had been pivotal in firing Chuc, why the hell wasn't he at the press conference? http://larrybrownsports.com/football/reporter-cleveland-browns-three-stooges-video/215264

    I think about three seconds after the Three Stooges question was asked, Haslam realized how much the pooch (the browns dawg?) was screwed.

    Add in an embarrassing, disjointed, mocked coaching search and he realized that the organization was up to it's lips in shit.

    Of course we will never know, but I wonder what Chud might have done minus Lombardi and plus some talent?

  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #92

    I thought it was interesting that Haslam said about Farmer that he was easy to work with in terms of give and take. Translation: Banner and Lombardi were utter pain in the asses to work with.

  • RemarkerR Remarker wrote on last edited by
    #93

    The media is mistaken if they think they can push Pettine around. No one pushes Pettine around. He's icer than Belichick.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #94
  • Haslam cleaning house!

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @londonbrown said:

    Haslam cleaning house!

    Hip Hip Horray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #96

    I'm stoked that now. I can have faith in My team again...you manned up Jimmy , and took the bull by the horns...now Let's roll!...

  • Haslam - Farmer has final say on 53 man roster Pettine has final say on game day roster.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Haslam - Farmer has final say on 53 man roster Pettine has final say on game day roster.

    I like that things are clear cut.

    They were convoluted with the stooges.

    What's more, I get the impression that this is the way Pettine wants it, so no one is stepping on anyone's toes.

    Farmer gets the groceries, Pettine picks out the ones that he want for that week's stew.

    Zombo