Skip to content

Let's start a Brownsboard Ray Farmer Fan Club

The Browns Board
27 15 2.0k
  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I like Farmer a lot, but at this point it would really be a "Mike Lombardi is out of town" fanclub. Lets see how FA and the draft pan out first...

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Interestingly, Ray Farmer never played in an NFL that included the Cleveland Browns.

    His career was 1996-1998, the three years we had no team.

    Yeah,maybe that's not that interesting after all.

    But he started on the 1996 Eagle team that Ty Detmer led to the playoffs.

    Again, not that interesting, but maybe Gipper can incorporate into the trivia some day.

    Zombo

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Fan club......

    I will send you a check after the first season with 9 wins.

    WSS

  • Well, I see Farmer as a terrific football guy who PLAYED the GAME, and has

    excellent people skills. Seems to me, he is our guy to get it right, like Ozzie Newsome was

    to the stupid, stinkin ratbirds.

    Nuckin FutzN Nuckin Futz wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @calfoxwc said:

    Well, I see Farmer as a terrific football guy who PLAYED the GAME, and has

    excellent people skills. Seems to me, he is our guy to get it right, like Ozzie Newsome was

    to the stupid, stinkin ratbirds.

    Well spoken, articulate, knowledgeable, humble, and focused. Seems like a bright guy. Exact fuckin opposite of Lombardi.

  • Fan club......

    I will send you a check after the first season with 9 wins.

    WSS

    Nuckin FutzN Nuckin Futz wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @westside-steve said:

    Fan club......

    I will send you a check after the first season with 9 wins.

    WSS

    Better get a few extra gigs and get your checkbook out Steve! Go Browns.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #16

    Poetic Jizz can be secretary.

  • Fan club......

    I will send you a check after the first season with 9 wins.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @westside-steve said:

    Fan club......

    I will send you a check after the first season with 9 wins.

    Should be 2015...

    @spectralcow said:

    I once saw Ray Farmer scissor-kick a rhinoceros's horn off.

    Somehow that turned into "scissoring a rhino" in my mind...

  • @westside-steve said:

    Fan club......

    I will send you a check after the first season with 9 wins.

    WSS

    Better get a few extra gigs and get your checkbook out Steve! Go Browns.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @nuckin-futz said:

    Better get a few extra gigs and get your checkbook out Steve! Go Browns.

    It will be one check I don't mind writing when the time comes amigo!

    WSS

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @WSS

    gotta get back to ohio this year. am only a ferry boat ride from my hometown sandusky to put-in-bay.

    checked out your website. love the irish pub standard/mariner type vibe you're giving off. do you play on the 'booze cruise' boat or are you on dry land? either way hope to catch you later this year.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #20

    I play on the island Put in Bay at a new resort called the keys. I had been at the crescent tavern for well over 20 years but it was sold. This is your number 26 on the island, did a rock and roll band 18 or so years before that. Easystreetband.com.

    You were military right? I play for NuckinFutz and the riders out in Willowick occasionally. Believe it or not my winter project, mostly just a hobby but I will give CDs away, is an entire album of cocktail ballads...

    then I'm going to work on at all Irish CD. I have a SoundCloud account but too lazy to put anything on it. Haha

    WSS

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I want your all Irish CD already.

  • I want your all Irish CD already.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @calfoxwc said:

    I want your all Irish CD already.

    May cover that green grow the rushes you spoke of.

    WSS

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Late to this party, but the Kool Aide's looking tasty 😁

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #24

    May cover that green grow the rushes you spoke of.
    WSS

    ********************

    Yes ! "....Lassies, ohhhhh"

    It's a beautiful song.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #25

    i'm not from irish decent but that music moves me in a way no other can. hardship, broken hearts and too much drink. guess i should've been adopted a donkey.

    big fan of the waterboys. saw them in boston around '87 i believe. blew me away.

    love the horns accordions and fiddles.

    of course Van laid the groundwork for a lot of what i have collected over the years as far as early traditional stuff.

    do you make it to the tailgates or usually just find a spot to play the night before?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #26

    I make it to a tailgate once or twice a season but we often try to time it just before one of the games that everyone comes to and I play at the Eastland and in Berea the night before.

    Liz is hoping it will be one of the first two games in October.

    I am actually at barbarinoes in Columbia station tonight at 830.

    WSS

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #27

    vinnie's place?

    lol.