WR perfect compliment for Gordon
-
Is the perfect compliment for Josh Gordon in FA or the draft ?
-
we need watkins
-
I like Mike Evans better than Watkins. He's a bigger, stronger target, and the guy is incredibly aggressive on comeback routes. Gordon/Evans will be comparable to Marshall/Jeffrey.
-
evans from A&M won't last until our second pick, nor do i think benjamin from fla state will either. but they have great height, physicality and speed.
the penn state kid robinson hopefully will be there and that's when we pull the trigger on a WR.
i love watkins but i don't want anyone under 6' 2''. if evans can make manziel look good imagine what he'd do with a mediocre caliber NFL QB.
-
I like Mike Evans better than Watkins. He's a bigger, stronger target, and the guy is incredibly aggressive on comeback routes. Gordon/Evans will be comparable to Marshall/Jeffrey.
I like Mike Evans better than Watkins. He's a bigger, stronger target, and the guy is incredibly aggressive on comeback routes. Gordon/Evans will be comparable to Marshall/Jeffrey.
the only advantage Evans has over Watkins is his height, when it comes to speed, route running and hands, Watkins is the man. Watkins isn't huge at 6'1" but he's still taller than plenty of successful WRs already in the league.
If they target a WR with #26 then I hope it's either Robinson or Beckham. I'm not in on the Kelvin Benjamin love, big receivers are great as long as they have good hands, and there are a lot of scouts questioning Benjamin's ability to consistently catch the ball: I've seen enough drops, no thanks.
-
Draft:
Watkins (if possible to get after a QB (not very likely) - trade up to get him if its not crazy
Evans - big but slow and runs lazy routes - it is unlikely he will be there at #26 , but I wouldnt trade up to get him
Beckham - run up to the podium at #26 - trade up 2-3 spots if you have to
Bejerman - take him if at #26 - the only thing I do not like is that he droped a lot of balls
Robinson - take him with 2nd round pick
Josh Huff- 4-5 round , he is going to be a good slot WR - I watched a lot of oregon games last year and this guy reminds me of pierre garcon
FA
Maclin- if we can get him at a reasonable price, considering he is coming off of a ACL injury
-
Brandon Coleman out of Rutgers would be a nice late round pick up. 6'6 WR
-
as far as developmental WRs go, I'm a fan of L'damian Washington out of Mizzou. at 6'4" he has the size and straight line speed to wreak havoc across from Gordon. He is still raw and definitely needs to work on his route running, but he has the physical tools to be effective at the next level. A high ceiling guy who can play far beyond his 6-7th round draft slot if developed properly.
-
The best part is he most likely won't cost us either of our firsts or second round picks. We could probably get him very early in the third. I don't think we need another true number one opposite Gordon. We have Gordon, Benjamin and Cameron. We could get back Bess and Little as well, adding Landry would give us a nice group of WRs to target.
-
Any of the giant wrs in this draft would be great
-
I agree with Moses. Jordan Matthews is who I think would be the best.
-
Jordan Matthews alltime leading receiver in the SEC. Nephew of Jerry Rice. Catches with his hands and not his body.
Emanuel Sanders Pittsburgh slot receiver with speed take a piece from division rival.
Jordan Matthews alltime leading receiver in the SEC. Nephew of Jerry Rice. Catches with his hands and not his body.
Emanuel Sanders Pittsburgh slot receiver with speed take a piece from division rival.
Didn't he have a pretty poor senior bowl, and people were talking about some drop issues with him... Catching with your hands is great, if you actually catch it.
-
Get Riley Cooper,
Keep Josh Cooper
Fire John Cooper
Go see Alice Cooper
-
Is the perfect compliment for Josh Gordon in FA or the draft ?
Already on record that Watkins would be an awesome pairing, but as a purely complementary WR in the draft it would be hard to touch Abbrederis... a pure possession guy with a fabulous pair of hands...
Evans - big but slow and runs lazy routes - it is unlikely he will be there at #26 , but I wouldnt trade up to get him
Well hello fellow Evans doubter... I think the combine may be very revealing agility-wise. I'm not sure it's there. And agree that he was at least as disciplined a route-runner as JM was a pocket passer..
-
Is the perfect compliment for Josh Gordon in FA or the draft ?
Already on record that Watkins would be an awesome pairing, but as a purely complementary WR in the draft it would be hard to touch Abbrederis... a pure possession guy with a fabulous pair of hands...
Evans - big but slow and runs lazy routes - it is unlikely he will be there at #26 , but I wouldnt trade up to get him
Well hello fellow Evans doubter... I think the combine may be very revealing agility-wise. I'm not sure it's there. And agree that he was at least as disciplined a route-runner as JM was a pocket passer..
Im big on Abberderis. Im starting to warm up to Evans. If he runs a 4.55 or better, with his hands and ability to win the jump balls, he definitely has a place in a starting lineup. He runs the comeback routes perfect. Not sure where anyone's getting the lazy route runner impression. If you question his route running ability, you have to question Watkins (did Watkins run anything other than flies or screens?). Evans blocking ability is top notch also.Already on record that Watkins would be an awesome pairing, but as a purely complementary WR in the draft it would be hard to touch Abbrederis... a pure possession guy with a fabulous pair of hands...
Well hello fellow Evans doubter... I think the combine may be very revealing agility-wise. I'm not sure it's there. And agree that he was at least as disciplined a route-runner as JM was a pocket passer..
-
Bolden might be a free agent soon as reported on the NFL network.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login