Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. My latest Mock draft...thoughts ?

My latest Mock draft...thoughts ?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
20 Posts 11 Posters 776 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 4k Posts
    • 959 Reputation
    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    4 QB Teddy Twatwater LOUISVILLE

    26 CB DARQUEZE DENNARD MICHIGAN STATE

    35 WR KELVIN BENJAMIN FLORIDA STATE

    71 OT JA’WUAN JAMES TENNESSEE

    83 RB LACHE SEASTRUNK BAYLOR

    102 S TERRENCE BROOKS FLORIDA STATE

    123 ILB MAX BULLOUGH MICHIGAN STATE

    133 TE JACOB PEDERSEN WISCONSIN

    164 OLB PRINCE SHEMBO NOTRE DAME

    195 FB J.C. COPELAND LSU

    Thoughts

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 9k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
      #2

      You might wanna draft for other teams too. This is too good to be true imo.

      Teddy may fall to 4. Dennard won't fall to #26 unless something happens to down his stock. Copeland likely will be gone in round 5/6. I also think kelvin Benjamin goes in the first.

      I'd love this if it really happened though 😉

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 125 Reputation
        OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
        #3

        Did you run this with Fanspeak Draft Simulator? Anyway, thoughts below, I like some of your picks, but not others.

        4 QB Teddy Twatwater LOUISVILLE: I like him best, and hope he falls to us, this would make me very happy.
        26 CB DARQUEZE DENNARD MICHIGAN STATE: I would prefer to pick up the best available WR at this pick.
        35 WR KELVIN BENJAMIN FLORIDA STATE: He makes a great endzone target but there are concerns about his dropped passes and I've had enough of those. Not keen on him.
        71 OT JA’WUAN JAMES TENNESSEE: I'd rather we pick up Xavier Su'a-Filo to play guard for us here.
        83 RB LACHE SEASTRUNK BAYLOR: I'm fine with this, though I think I'd prefer Christian Jones for ILB here.
        102 S TERRENCE BROOKS FLORIDA STATE: I'm not sure I'd use this pick on a safety unless there is no best available player of need that is a good value here. I think we might be able to get Yawin Smallwood (ILB) here if we didn't take Jones.
        123 ILB MAX BULLOUGH MICHIGAN STATE: I think we really need an ILB with cover capabilities. Bullough's scouting report says he can cover TEs but not slot receivers or backs.
        133 TE JACOB PEDERSEN WISCONSIN: I would prefer a TE who is a known quantity in terms of blocking ability.
        164 OLB PRINCE SHEMBO NOTRE DAME: I don't see a need for any more OLB on the Browns.
        195 FB J.C. COPELAND LSU: Would love to get him as our FB, he's like a lineman out of the backfield and would be a good fit for some smashmouth football. I don't know how he fits in a zone blocking scheme, but I'm sure there is a place for him.
        "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 4k Posts
          • 959 Reputation
          darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by darren15
          #4

          Yes I did run it with fans speak..... thanks for the feedback

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • RoyceRolls R
            • 1k Posts
            • 345 Reputation
            R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I would love that first round, I have a lot of WRs above Kelvin Benjamin for the same reasons Osiris gave.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
              • 64k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I'd love to have the Browns nab Smallwood or Gaines out of this draft.

              both will go a big higher than the lb's you have. I like Os's opinions on it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • RoyceRolls R
                • 1k Posts
                • 345 Reputation
                R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
                #7

                4


                QB Teddy Twatwater

                LOUISVILLE




                26


                CB DARQUEZE DENNARD

                MICHIGAN STATE




                35


                WR ALLEN ROBINSON

                PENN STATE




                71


                ILB CHRISTIAN JONES

                FLORIDA STATE




                83


                RB LACHE SEASTRUNK

                BAYLOR




                102


                RB CARLOS HYDE

                OHIO STATE




                123


                OT SEANTREL HENDERSON

                MIAMI




                133


                FB J.C. COPELAND

                LSU




                164


                WR MATT HAZEL

                COASTAL CAROLINA




                195


                G SPENCER LONG

                NEBRASKA


                Same first round, which is about as good as it gets in my opinion.


                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 9k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
                  #8

                  Man I'd love to have a Clowney/Dennard first round. Give us a scary defense.

                  At this point I think neither will be there when we pick though.

                  I still think Houston's manziel fest is smoke and mirrors. And if it isn't we may be trading the rams for teddy.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 125 Reputation
                    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
                    #9

                    I keep hearing people say Carlos Hyde will go sooner than fourth round but in all my Fanspeak drafts he is available then. Going from memory here, but my last draft sim had us taking the following:

                    Bridgewater, QB

                    Marqis Lee, WR

                    Xavier Sua'Filo, OG

                    Christian Jones, ILB

                    Stanley Jean Baptiste, CB

                    Carlos Hyde, RB

                    Aaron Murray, QB

                    Joe Don Duncan, TE

                    J.C. Copeland, FB

                    Cairo Santos, K

                    I know those last two picks my be called into question but honestly if you can draft starter quality players (who happen to be in top 3 in their position in college) at positions that are not considered priorities in the draft with your sixth and seventh round pick, that is a better value to me than drafting a depth or developmental player at WR or RB or whatever other position.

                    "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 30k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Not my cup of tea...

                      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 10k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I wish I knew what was going to happen in 84 days

                        Anyone got the Powerball/Megaball numbers

                        "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 959 Reputation
                          darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Just done a mock draft where I did not take a QB in round 1

                          4
                          DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY
                          SOUTH CAROLINA
                          26
                          CB DARQUEZE DENNARD
                          MICHIGAN STATE
                          35
                          WR ODELL BECKHAM JR.
                          LSU
                          71
                          ILB CHRIS BORLAND
                          WISCONSIN
                          83
                          RB CARLOS HYDE
                          OHIO STATE
                          102
                          QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
                          EASTERN ILLINOIS
                          123
                          DT JUSTIN ELLIS
                          LOUISIANA TECH
                          133
                          OT JAMES HURST
                          UNC
                          164
                          WR TEVIN REESE
                          BAYLOR
                          195
                          FB J.C. COPELAND
                          LSU
                          miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • darren15D darren15

                            Just done a mock draft where I did not take a QB in round 1

                            4
                            DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY
                            SOUTH CAROLINA
                            26
                            CB DARQUEZE DENNARD
                            MICHIGAN STATE
                            35
                            WR ODELL BECKHAM JR.
                            LSU
                            71
                            ILB CHRIS BORLAND
                            WISCONSIN
                            83
                            RB CARLOS HYDE
                            OHIO STATE
                            102
                            QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
                            EASTERN ILLINOIS
                            123
                            DT JUSTIN ELLIS
                            LOUISIANA TECH
                            133
                            OT JAMES HURST
                            UNC
                            164
                            WR TEVIN REESE
                            BAYLOR
                            195
                            FB J.C. COPELAND
                            LSU
                            miktoxic miktoxicM
                            • 13k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @darren15 said:

                            Just done a mock draft where I did not take a QB in round 1

                            4
                            DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY
                            SOUTH CAROLINA
                            26
                            CB DARQUEZE DENNARD
                            MICHIGAN STATE
                            35
                            WR ODELL BECKHAM JR.
                            LSU
                            71
                            ILB CHRIS BORLAND
                            WISCONSIN
                            83
                            RB CARLOS HYDE
                            OHIO STATE
                            102
                            QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
                            EASTERN ILLINOIS
                            123
                            DT JUSTIN ELLIS
                            LOUISIANA TECH
                            133
                            OT JAMES HURST
                            UNC
                            164
                            WR TEVIN REESE
                            BAYLOR
                            195
                            FB J.C. COPELAND
                            LSU

                            i just shot a load in my pants.

                            that IS my cup of tea.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • slowburn slowburnS
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 116 Reputation
                              slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Teddy is solid and steady. Great character prospect. Appears intelligent and poised while maturity will make for marked quick immersion into the big boy's league.

                              I wouldn't mind if the Brown's make a run at him

                              miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • slowburnS slowburn

                                Teddy is solid and steady. Great character prospect. Appears intelligent and poised while maturity will make for marked quick immersion into the big boy's league.

                                I wouldn't mind if the Brown's make a run at him

                                miktoxic miktoxicM
                                • 13k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @slowburn said:

                                Teddy is solid and steady. Great character prospect. Appears intelligent and poised while maturity will make for marked quick immersion into the big boy's league.

                                I wouldn't mind if the Brown's make a run at him

                                way too small in my book. sure he's got the football accumen but that means doodley squat when you get planted like a peanut.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • miktoxic miktoxicM
                                  • 13k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
                                  #16

                                  @walterwhite said:

                                  Yea because Brees and Wilson are so huge.

                                  I bet you had a hard on for Derek Anderson and Brandon Weeden with their big manly size.

                                  listen here fuck face. i wasn't even on this board when the DA vs BQ debate was going on.

                                  i had a big hard on for weeden? you are a complete imbecile. i hated the TR pick and the weeden pick worse. we had a chance at hightower, but no we had to draft weeden. we had a chance at claiborne but no had to move a pick and get TR. ask anyone on this board how livid i was over that draft...........

                                  but you wouldn't know you little weasel with 26 posts. i hope you have dreams of getting fisted by andre the giant you meth smokin inbred little punk.

                                  take the black garbage bags you call curtains off the windows of your trailer and let the light of day come in.

                                  wrestling>manziel. wrestling>tebow. so you are good to go. you win either way. stock up on the roids cuz you'll need them if we ever meet face to face douchebag.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 8k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Garropollo will be taken by the end of the second round, easily.

                                    He's a Christian Ponder.

                                    I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                    DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                                      Garropollo will be taken by the end of the second round, easily.

                                      He's a Christian Ponder.

                                      DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                      • 28k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                      Garropollo will be taken by the end of the second round, easily.

                                      He's a Christian Ponder.

                                      It's good that he is a Christian.

                                      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                      miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                                        Garropollo will be taken by the end of the second round, easily.

                                        He's a Christian Ponder.

                                        It's good that he is a Christian.

                                        miktoxic miktoxicM
                                        • 13k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                        It's good that he is a Christian.

                                        actually christian ponder is a satanist.

                                        Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • miktoxicM miktoxic

                                          @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                          It's good that he is a Christian.

                                          actually christian ponder is a satanist.

                                          Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 8k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @miktoxic said:

                                          actually christian ponder is a satanist.

                                          Christian Ponder poops standing up.

                                          I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate