Jets fan looking for your opinion
-
We already have two 3rd round picks. We didn't add a third, we flipped spots in the third....Am I the only one understanding this?
First, thank you everyone for your feedback.
To clear this up, I did indeed swap 3rd round picks. I believe I moved up in the 3rd from 19 to 2 to move back 8 spots in the first. Prior to making this trade I attempted to trade with several other teams, but the guy I wanted, I was beaten to on a trade. I would also like to clarify that this wasn't just me making a move, it was part of a mock with a GM for each team, which had to be approved/agreed by that teams GM. I have a link in the opening post if you choose to see the players that were taken, and the ones that were available.
At #26, I didn't not feel there was enough value there to stay at the selection, that I couldn't get 8 spots later, and I felt that the 17 spots in the third would be pretty significant.
-
We already have two 3rd round picks. We didn't add a third, we flipped spots in the third....Am I the only one understanding this?
First, thank you everyone for your feedback.
To clear this up, I did indeed swap 3rd round picks. I believe I moved up in the 3rd from 19 to 2 to move back 8 spots in the first. Prior to making this trade I attempted to trade with several other teams, but the guy I wanted, I was beaten to on a trade. I would also like to clarify that this wasn't just me making a move, it was part of a mock with a GM for each team, which had to be approved/agreed by that teams GM. I have a link in the opening post if you choose to see the players that were taken, and the ones that were available.
At #26, I didn't not feel there was enough value there to stay at the selection, that I couldn't get 8 spots later, and I felt that the 17 spots in the third would be pretty significant.
Hell 8 spots in the 1st-2nd is worth the third, maybe wed throw in a sixth or seventh rounder.First, thank you everyone for your feedback.
To clear this up, I did indeed swap 3rd round picks. I believe I moved up in the 3rd from 19 to 2 to move back 8 spots in the first. Prior to making this trade I attempted to trade with several other teams, but the guy I wanted, I was beaten to on a trade. I would also like to clarify that this wasn't just me making a move, it was part of a mock with a GM for each team, which had to be approved/agreed by that teams GM. I have a link in the opening post if you choose to see the players that were taken, and the ones that were available.
At #26, I didn't not feel there was enough value there to stay at the selection, that I couldn't get 8 spots later, and I felt that the 17 spots in the third would be pretty significant.
-
I would feel pretty good at getting Watkins and Yankey with the Browns 2 1st rd. picks, then picking up QB later...be that Garropolo or someone else.
I would feel pretty good at getting Watkins and Yankey with the Browns 2 1st rd. picks, then picking up QB later...be that Garropolo or someone else.
To be honest, I was going to wait and try and take Mettenberger in the third, but I was struggling with it. Knowing how Rex Ryan perceives the game, and Pettine being his "Defensive Coordinator", I would assume he is going to have the same philosophy. He is going to want to have a strong defense, and methodical ball control on offense (which constitutes ground and pound, and high percentage passing).
I like all the players you've chosen for the Browns with the exception of Dion Bailey. I suspect the Browns will retain T.J. Ward so I don't see the need for a safety with a pick this high.
I am assuming that TJ Ward is retained, and you will have Ward and Bailey. Bailey is a versatile player that fits perfectly into a Rex Ryan style of defense. Again, I have to assume the philosophy will be similar to Ryan's with Pettine, and you could see a lot of similarities in Buffalo last year.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
he dropped 8 picks for a third rounder. Rather realistic actually. I highly doubt we go anywhere but up considering the amount of picks we have. Id either like to move up from 26 or back into the first from our 2nd rounder. Ending up with three picks in the top 26 is a real possibility.
I did just swap 3rd, but is still a fairly realistic trade, IMO, if you go buy the value chart.
First, thanks for asking... nothing I like better than a good trade down.
I have many Fanspeak "drafts" that start Watkins/ Yankey, if Martin was not available at 26. Love Martin's versatility for OG or OT, but Yankey seems tailor made for the zone scheme Shanny, Jr. is no doubt going to install.
While I think Garoppolo is a bit of a reach in Rnd 2, he does seem to be the last of @014's QBs with any premium attached so no biggie. Again, he's in a number of my drafts.
While I prefer Borland if available, Smallwood is another name in many of my drafts. I think either toughens up our middle and therefore will help fulfill one of Pettine's stated goals.
Not feeling the Bailey pick for a couple reasons. First, our incumbent FS, Gipson had a good enough year that we don't need to draft a starter. Second, most of the projections on Bailey I've seen have him as a 4th rounder, but again, if you really like him, one round early is no sin. Third, there's a FS coming out of Vandy that looks to be a much better 5th Rnd value, Kenny Ladler.
All in all though looks like a good effort on your part... give 'em hell... and get us a RB...
In real life, which might not be heard welcomely, but Pettine could try and make a move for David Harris of the Jets. I anticipate the Jets trying to move him this offseason, and getting quicker at the position. The Browns have the money to spend, and is familiar with Pettine's defense. That said, the style of defense that Pettine will bring in will require coverage skills from their inside linebackers, and Smallwood appears to have an edge in that area.
I am a huge Ladler fan, and have mocked him to the Jets in fanspeak drafts. However, the versatility that Bailey offers will give him the leg up.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Ive been saying this^ agreed. If no QB, Greg Robinson, Mosley, Matthews, Clowney, Barr,, and Mack would all be better options for us imo. (No order)
That is a sore subject. My plan was to draft him, and unexpectedly he was taken first overall. I almost headbutted my puter.
-
Hell 8 spots in the 1st-2nd is worth the third, maybe wed throw in a sixth or seventh rounder.First, thank you everyone for your feedback.
To clear this up, I did indeed swap 3rd round picks. I believe I moved up in the 3rd from 19 to 2 to move back 8 spots in the first. Prior to making this trade I attempted to trade with several other teams, but the guy I wanted, I was beaten to on a trade. I would also like to clarify that this wasn't just me making a move, it was part of a mock with a GM for each team, which had to be approved/agreed by that teams GM. I have a link in the opening post if you choose to see the players that were taken, and the ones that were available.
At #26, I didn't not feel there was enough value there to stay at the selection, that I couldn't get 8 spots later, and I felt that the 17 spots in the third would be pretty significant.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Hell 8 spots in the 1st-2nd is worth the third, maybe wed throw in a sixth or seventh rounder.
Part of the rules of the mock was to try and stay in the range of the draft value chart, and I did get the raw end. However, I got the same guy I would have taken at #26, and still moved up 17 spots in the 3rd. In the end, I won the trade.
-
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a new thread, but had a question for the Pound. I think Hoyer is going to probably be your front runner to start the season for you guys, and the only QB I see as a potential for the Browns is Bortles. Who knows?
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
Obviously, I could discuss this on my team forum's, but it's typically (7) 1st or a used contraceptive.
-
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a new thread, but had a question for the Pound. I think Hoyer is going to probably be your front runner to start the season for you guys, and the only QB I see as a potential for the Browns is Bortles. Who knows?
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
Obviously, I could discuss this on my team forum's, but it's typically (7) 1st or a used contraceptive.
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
ummmm... no...
You waited too long. Last year, before I got a glimpse of Hoyer, I would have at least discussed trading a pick, but not now...
EDIT: I wonder what, if anything, Pete Carroll would give for him...
-
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
ummmm... no...
You waited too long. Last year, before I got a glimpse of Hoyer, I would have at least discussed trading a pick, but not now...
EDIT: I wonder what, if anything, Pete Carroll would give for him...
ummmm... no...
You waited too long. Last year, before I got a glimpse of Hoyer, I would have at least discussed trading a pick, but not now...
EDIT: I wonder what, if anything, Pete Carroll would give for him...
I have wondered the same. However, with the trade talks for Schaub, I thought maybe Sanchez could be a player if Schaub went to Oakland.
He has so much potential, but his head doesn't. I think he could be a top 15 in a smaller market. JMO
I don't want him in NY. That much I know.
-
post some dirty skank pix so we can see what you and mik are up to
-
-
sanchez's bruised ego make schaub's ego look like a hangnail.
-
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a new thread, but had a question for the Pound. I think Hoyer is going to probably be your front runner to start the season for you guys, and the only QB I see as a potential for the Browns is Bortles. Who knows?
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
Obviously, I could discuss this on my team forum's, but it's typically (7) 1st or a used contraceptive.
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a new thread, but had a question for the Pound. I think Hoyer is going to probably be your front runner to start the season for you guys, and the only QB I see as a potential for the Browns is Bortles. Who knows?
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
Obviously, I could discuss this on my team forum's, but it's typically (7) 1st or a used contraceptive.
We trade for him, we'd have to pick up his contract, which I'm guessing is substantial. The Browns are looking for a veteran qb, but I doubt it would be Sanchez.
-
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a new thread, but had a question for the Pound. I think Hoyer is going to probably be your front runner to start the season for you guys, and the only QB I see as a potential for the Browns is Bortles. Who knows?
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
Obviously, I could discuss this on my team forum's, but it's typically (7) 1st or a used contraceptive.
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a new thread, but had a question for the Pound. I think Hoyer is going to probably be your front runner to start the season for you guys, and the only QB I see as a potential for the Browns is Bortles. Who knows?
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
Obviously, I could discuss this on my team forum's, but it's typically (7) 1st or a used contraceptive.
The Jets are a small market team....for all intents and purposes. Beyond that who knows. Pettine was a Jets DC...so if anyone has insight to the guy, he may. And he may not want to touch him wih a 10 foot pole.
-
dirty sanchez
-
I value Mark Sanchez very low. If his contract is big I value him at nothing.
-
ummmm... no...
You waited too long. Last year, before I got a glimpse of Hoyer, I would have at least discussed trading a pick, but not now...
EDIT: I wonder what, if anything, Pete Carroll would give for him...
I have wondered the same. However, with the trade talks for Schaub, I thought maybe Sanchez could be a player if Schaub went to Oakland.
He has so much potential, but his head doesn't. I think he could be a top 15 in a smaller market. JMO
I don't want him in NY. That much I know.
Jets are a "small market team"??? WTF, Gip?
I have wondered the same. However, with the trade talks for Schaub, I thought maybe Sanchez could be a player if Schaub went to Oakland.
He has so much potential, but his head doesn't. I think he could be a top 15 in a smaller market. JMO
I don't want him in NY. That much I know.
What's your logic? Does "small market" in your mind mean "no night life"?
If that's your angle, then sorry, but a QB with a weak work ethic is going to find distractions wherever he lands because he simply does not love the game enough and/or have the burning desire to excel that the great ones have.
-
It must be that time of year again.
First, I love the draft for the Browns thus far. I would have really liked to, given the right opportunity, welcomed Danny Shelton to Jet nation. They also took the approach I was hoping the Jets would pursue in free agency, a versatile lineman.
Anyway, as you may be aware, the Jets took yet another Defensive Lineman at #6, and talks have surfaced that Mohammed Wilkerson may be traded, which leads me to posting this afternoon.
What would he be worth? Unlike my last thought I sought your opinion on, your head coach has to be salivating at the thought of acquiring him, and of course, Jet nation would want a trade partner to back up the truck for him, so if I could get alternative opinions from the garbage I have to endure on my home boards, I would be thankful.
-
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
-
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
-
Do we need Wilkerson at this point? I wouldn't give any future draft picks, but maybe 1-2 of our surplus lineman and a late round pick?
-
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
I don't think we really need Wilkerson at this point.
Further, the Jets are supposedly asking for multiple firsts: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/5/1/8530461/report-new-york-jets-want-multiple-first-rounders-for-muhammad
He's going to get a mega-deal, plus we have a (possibly) stout defensive front already. Just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login