Jets fan looking for your opinion
-
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a new thread, but had a question for the Pound. I think Hoyer is going to probably be your front runner to start the season for you guys, and the only QB I see as a potential for the Browns is Bortles. Who knows?
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
Obviously, I could discuss this on my team forum's, but it's typically (7) 1st or a used contraceptive.
Hello again,
I didn't want to start a new thread, but had a question for the Pound. I think Hoyer is going to probably be your front runner to start the season for you guys, and the only QB I see as a potential for the Browns is Bortles. Who knows?
Anyway, what would you guys value Mark Sanchez at? Would you guys give up one of your 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, or 3rd round pick for him? I could see Sanchez bringing a 5th from someone, and at 27 with 2 AFCCG under his belt, he could benefit from a smaller market team. He is due a roster bonus on the 25th, and will probably be cut though.
Obviously, I could discuss this on my team forum's, but it's typically (7) 1st or a used contraceptive.
The Jets are a small market team....for all intents and purposes. Beyond that who knows. Pettine was a Jets DC...so if anyone has insight to the guy, he may. And he may not want to touch him wih a 10 foot pole.
-
dirty sanchez
-
I value Mark Sanchez very low. If his contract is big I value him at nothing.
-
ummmm... no...
You waited too long. Last year, before I got a glimpse of Hoyer, I would have at least discussed trading a pick, but not now...
EDIT: I wonder what, if anything, Pete Carroll would give for him...
I have wondered the same. However, with the trade talks for Schaub, I thought maybe Sanchez could be a player if Schaub went to Oakland.
He has so much potential, but his head doesn't. I think he could be a top 15 in a smaller market. JMO
I don't want him in NY. That much I know.
Jets are a "small market team"??? WTF, Gip?
I have wondered the same. However, with the trade talks for Schaub, I thought maybe Sanchez could be a player if Schaub went to Oakland.
He has so much potential, but his head doesn't. I think he could be a top 15 in a smaller market. JMO
I don't want him in NY. That much I know.
What's your logic? Does "small market" in your mind mean "no night life"?
If that's your angle, then sorry, but a QB with a weak work ethic is going to find distractions wherever he lands because he simply does not love the game enough and/or have the burning desire to excel that the great ones have.
-
It must be that time of year again.
First, I love the draft for the Browns thus far. I would have really liked to, given the right opportunity, welcomed Danny Shelton to Jet nation. They also took the approach I was hoping the Jets would pursue in free agency, a versatile lineman.
Anyway, as you may be aware, the Jets took yet another Defensive Lineman at #6, and talks have surfaced that Mohammed Wilkerson may be traded, which leads me to posting this afternoon.
What would he be worth? Unlike my last thought I sought your opinion on, your head coach has to be salivating at the thought of acquiring him, and of course, Jet nation would want a trade partner to back up the truck for him, so if I could get alternative opinions from the garbage I have to endure on my home boards, I would be thankful.
-
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
-
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
-
Do we need Wilkerson at this point? I wouldn't give any future draft picks, but maybe 1-2 of our surplus lineman and a late round pick?
-
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
I don't think we really need Wilkerson at this point.
Further, the Jets are supposedly asking for multiple firsts: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/5/1/8530461/report-new-york-jets-want-multiple-first-rounders-for-muhammad
He's going to get a mega-deal, plus we have a (possibly) stout defensive front already. Just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.
-
I'd trade 2 2nd rd picks for Wilkerson
-
What would Wilkerson be worth? In terms of a personnel trade or for straight up picks?
IF its picks, Jets might get greedy and ask for a future first. Not a terrible idea considering that Mo is a heck of a player. Or they could settle and most likely get a high 2nd coupled with a 3rd/4th and beyond.
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
From the perspective of someone who loves defense, I'd jump at the chance because at least with Mo, we have a player that would be on the field (unlike Gordon)
However I don't believe it necessary to throw additional high picks + conditional picks at a guy who is going to command one of the top interior Dline contracts in the league very soon. Its just not good value for the Browns seeing as how we have Shelton and will most likely add OLB and DE in this draft.
-
-
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
I don't think we really need Wilkerson at this point.
Further, the Jets are supposedly asking for multiple firsts: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/5/1/8530461/report-new-york-jets-want-multiple-first-rounders-for-muhammad
He's going to get a mega-deal, plus we have a (possibly) stout defensive front already. Just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.
I don't think we really need Wilkerson at this point.
Further, the Jets are supposedly asking for multiple firsts: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/5/1/8530461/report-new-york-jets-want-multiple-first-rounders-for-muhammad
He's going to get a mega-deal, plus we have a (possibly) stout defensive front already. Just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.
Articles like this is why I came here to ask what he is worth. I am a Jets fan, and I don't even think he is worth 2 1's. The only qualifier would be where the 1's project, and at this point, we would have to be looking at a 2nd this year, and a 1 next. (Assuming there is any validity to the article.)
-
We already have Taylor and Shelton, so there's not a big need to add yet another stud DL. The Browns have plenty of D-Line depth, so I doubt we'd trade multiple picks.
What the Browns really need is a stud WR that can manage to stay off the drug suspension list.
We already have Taylor and Shelton, so there's not a big need to add yet another stud DL. The Browns have plenty of D-Line depth, so I doubt we'd trade multiple picks.
What the Browns really need is a stud WR that can manage to stay off the drug suspension list.
With all due respect, there is a difference with what Mohammed Wilkerson Does and what a Nose Tackle does.
-
As a Jet fan, and Mo being our best player, of course I want as much compensation as possible.
How would your fan base react if the Browns offered #43, Josh Gordon, and conditional 2016? Josh Gordon has very little value to the Browns, and the Jets are finally in a position that they do not "need" a WR, so they could let him sit. If Gordon doesn't screw up again, the conditional pick is say a 5th, and if he does screw up a second?
From the perspective of someone who loves defense, I'd jump at the chance because at least with Mo, we have a player that would be on the field (unlike Gordon)
However I don't believe it necessary to throw additional high picks + conditional picks at a guy who is going to command one of the top interior Dline contracts in the league very soon. Its just not good value for the Browns seeing as how we have Shelton and will most likely add OLB and DE in this draft.
From the perspective of someone who loves defense, I'd jump at the chance because at least with Mo, we have a player that would be on the field (unlike Gordon)
However I don't believe it necessary to throw additional high picks + conditional picks at a guy who is going to command one of the top interior Dline contracts in the league very soon. Its just not good value for the Browns seeing as how we have Shelton and will most likely add OLB and DE in this draft.
Thank you for the response. He is definitely demand a large contract, and I think it is part of the reason they took Williams. I am excited to watch it play out though.
-
I'd trade 2 2nd rd picks for Wilkerson
I'd trade 2 2nd rd picks for Wilkerson
This is kind of what I am expecting.
-
The addition of Wilkerson would make our D line immediately the best in the league. It would be scary. Giving up one of our DL guys and a 2nd rounder wouldn't hurt. Not multiple 1sts though, that's absurd. I'd rather stick with what we have and continue to develop our depth.
-
The addition of Wilkerson would make our D line immediately the best in the league. It would be scary. Giving up one of our DL guys and a 2nd rounder wouldn't hurt. Not multiple 1sts though, that's absurd. I'd rather stick with what we have and continue to develop our depth.
The addition of Wilkerson would make our D line immediately the best in the league. It would be scary. Giving up one of our DL guys and a 2nd rounder wouldn't hurt. Not multiple 1sts though, that's absurd. I'd rather stick with what we have and continue to develop our depth.
I don't see why the Jets would trade Wilkerson for another DL. The point is that they don't need DL.
Maccagnan is proving to be a fun GM. I like his style.
-
The addition of Wilkerson would make our D line immediately the best in the league. It would be scary. Giving up one of our DL guys and a 2nd rounder wouldn't hurt. Not multiple 1sts though, that's absurd. I'd rather stick with what we have and continue to develop our depth.
I don't see why the Jets would trade Wilkerson for another DL. The point is that they don't need DL.
Maccagnan is proving to be a fun GM. I like his style.
I don't see why the Jets would trade Wilkerson for another DL. The point is that they don't need DL.
Maccagnan is proving to be a fun GM. I like his style.
what's so fun that he did? pick williams when he dropped to them?
hell, that's a no-brainer.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login