Skip to content

Any Chance We Look At A Slot WR In A Later Round?

The Browns Board
31 13 1.2k
  • According to your other thread he was

    I still vote Gallon. He has great hands and route running/wiggle

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mld-woody said:

    According to your other thread he was

    I still vote Gallon. He has great hands and route running/wiggle

    biased?
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Yes. But I am not calling for us to take him in the 3rd or 4th or anything.

    I am not someone on here screaming for Hyde in the 2nd lol

  • Yes. But I am not calling for us to take him in the 3rd or 4th or anything.

    I am not someone on here screaming for Hyde in the 2nd lol

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mld-woody said:

    Yes. But I am not calling for us to take him in the 3rd or 4th or anything.

    I am not someone on here screaming for Hyde in the 2nd lol

    haha, well neither am I, though that may change after the combine. He looked pretty good the few times I saw him, even with crappy Gardner throwing him the ball.
  • Yes. But I am not calling for us to take him in the 3rd or 4th or anything.

    I am not someone on here screaming for Hyde in the 2nd lol

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mld-woody said:

    Yes. But I am not calling for us to take him in the 3rd or 4th or anything.

    I am not someone on here screaming for Hyde in the 2nd lol

    If RBs were not so devalued now, Hyde in times of yore would be second round material....if not better. But this is a different age of man....the Age of Aquarius....where running backs and monotheists become less than what they used to be.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Hey Gip, your boy Janis is tied unofficially for the 100k with Cooks, and another guy at 4.3 flat. Gallon ran a 4.37 I think. A lot of speed in this years class boys. Abberderis ran a 4.44

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Yeah, Gallon ran a 4.42 too.

    We will have to see how the official times shake out

  • G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #21

    If we don't look into a solid slot receiver in this draft something is wrong with us. Slot has become one of the most prolific, productive positions/roles in the NFL the last decade. We truely need a another beastly no.2 wide receiver to play outside opposite Gordon (gimme fuckin evans!) And a playmaker to go in the slot.

  • ColtBrownsfanC ColtBrownsfan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Draft Watkins or Mike Evans, sign Julian Edelman for the slot...Draft Carlos Hyde and sign Dexter McCluster...Start Hoyer, draft or sign a QUALITY backup in case Hoyer gets hurt and you're in the Playoffs ..Pretty simple..

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Janis official, 4.42

    Gallon official, 4.49

  • Draft Watkins or Mike Evans, sign Julian Edelman for the slot...Draft Carlos Hyde and sign Dexter McCluster...Start Hoyer, draft or sign a QUALITY backup in case Hoyer gets hurt and you're in the Playoffs ..Pretty simple..

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @coltbrownsfan said:

    Draft Watkins or Mike Evans, sign Julian Edelman for the slot...Draft Carlos Hyde and sign Dexter McCluster...Start Hoyer, draft or sign a QUALITY backup in case Hoyer gets hurt and you're in the Playoffs ..Pretty simple..

    simple huh?
  • Draft Watkins or Mike Evans, sign Julian Edelman for the slot...Draft Carlos Hyde and sign Dexter McCluster...Start Hoyer, draft or sign a QUALITY backup in case Hoyer gets hurt and you're in the Playoffs ..Pretty simple..

    G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @coltbrownsfan said:

    Draft Watkins or Mike Evans, sign Julian Edelman for the slot...Draft Carlos Hyde and sign Dexter McCluster...Start Hoyer, draft or sign a QUALITY backup in case Hoyer gets hurt and you're in the Playoffs ..Pretty simple..

    Its really fucking not pretty simple. The more I read your fucking posts the more I think your an ignoramus who know jack shit about football,draft prospects, and how free agency works. Please go offer your pathetic simpleton suggestions to colts fans....

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Apparently this Colts homo deleted that seven page thread he got skewered in where he told us how we can make the Super Bowl, and then told us how much we sucked.

    I doubt we'll see him again. Thanks for wasting our time, Jules.

    Zombo

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Maybe we can sign a veteran WR as a 3rd or 4th guy. Good locker room presence. Etc

    http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/03/04/eagles-release-jason-avant/#more-2239351

    Everyone seems to have good things to say about Avant

    🙂

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #28

    The title of this thread should be changed to "I want this guy and your opinion is invalid"

  • The title of this thread should be changed to "I want this guy and your opinion is invalid"

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The title of this thread should be changed to "I want this guy and your opinion is invalid"

    That doesn't make any sense

    "Here is a guy who played for Michigan, what does everyone think?" would be a better title

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #30

    What about Dane sanzenbacher from Cincy. He is a rfa, but I havent heard anything about them using any kind of tag on him. He should be really cheap so its a pretty low risk move.

    Another option is drafting Dri archer in the late rounds as a project slot receiver. I think he is to small to be a rb, but his speed is too intriguing to not throw him a couple screens or have him run a few deep routes. If he is there in the 4th or 5th round I think that will be a steal if we use him right. I personally think some team is going to pull the trigger on him in the 2nd or 3rd. You can't teach speed

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Someone is going to overreach on Archer, for sure.