Skip to content

No FA Running Backs ?

The Browns Board
7 5 479
  • Why pay a veteran backup 4-5 mill a year who has some tread wear, when we can draft a couple guys in the 3rd or later who will probably be able to match production? The bigger concern for the run game is at the guard positions. I expect us to either spend big on a fa or draft a guy with one of our first three picks.

  • Why pay a veteran backup 4-5 mill a year who has some tread wear, when we can draft a couple guys in the 3rd or later who will probably be able to match production? The bigger concern for the run game is at the guard positions. I expect us to either spend big on a fa or draft a guy with one of our first three picks.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Why pay a veteran backup 4-5 mill a year who has some tread wear, when we can draft a couple guys in the 3rd or later who will probably be able to match production? The bigger concern for the run game is at the guard positions. I expect us to either spend big on a fa or draft a guy with one of our first three picks.

    I think doing both is a big possibility.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Why pay a veteran backup 4-5 mill a year who has some tread wear, when we can draft a couple guys in the 3rd or later who will probably be able to match production? The bigger concern for the run game is at the guard positions. I expect us to either spend big on a fa or draft a guy with one of our first three picks.

    I think doing both is a big possibility.

    @gftchris said:

    I think doing both is a big possibility.

    possibly, I think we may wait till the third or fourth round if we add a big time free agent. We'll probably draft two if we dont get the free agent.
  • I will be floored if we take 2 RB's in the draft. I see us getting a guy somewhere around the 4th round. I think we have a good back in Dion Lewis and need a guy to pair with him. In the lower rounds I like James Wilder Jr. I would pick up Fluellen as a UDFA as well, If we sign a free agent like Tate or Gerhart I do not see us drafting any RBs in the draft unless they are in love with someone who plunges well below where they should be taken.

  • @mike-h said:

    I disagree. Having multiple backs is beginning to be vital. Green Bay had Starks and still went with Franklin and Lacy. I think drafting two or signing one and drafting another is a big possibility.

    Dion Lewis is unproven. Everyone wants to knock Bridgewater and Manziel for their size and then celebrate another team's backup who missed his first year with the Browns? Last I checked running backs take infinitely more big hits than QBs.

    I like Lewis' potential but I don't think anyone in Berea is banking on being set at the position by adding one guy.

    I don't disagree Mike. I just do not believe we will add two backs via the draft. I can see us bringing in a FA and a draft pick.

  • I'd be OK drafting 2. I like fluellen who we could probably get late.