Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. University of Louisville prospects

University of Louisville prospects

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
8 Posts 7 Posters 497 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Louisville Slugger Louisville SluggerL
    • 706 Posts
    • 95 Reputation
    Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Being a huge Louisville fan, I figured I would give you some of my observations of what I have seen of the Louisville players in this up coming draft.

    Teddy Twatwater- I'm not excited about any qb in this draft, but I do think teddy is head and shoulders better than the rest. He is a sergon on 3rd downs, and has what no one else in this draft has, pocket presence. He will be most effective if we use him like Seattle uses Wilson.

    I have read about people questioning his athletic ability, but he is just a smooth runner that makes it look easy, kind of in the mold of Vince young. He is elusive and strong for his size.

    He does have his flaws. He probably will measure in at 6'2 205, but he is tough and shown he can take a hit. I have heard rumorss that he may have small hands which is kind of a big deal. My biggest fear is his leadership. He has such a calm demeanor, that he appears disinterested at times. I don't think that's the case but it is concerning. He doesnt have that winners personality that you see in all the great qbs. He isn't cam newton, but he doesnt seem like the uber professional like manning, Brady and, Wilson.

    Calvin Pryor- I think this guy has top 5 safety potential. He is an impact player that can make a good defense great. He has great ball skills ( made a few really nice one handed picks) and is a devastating hitter.

    Pryor is coming off a stellar season but before this season he wasnt as much of a playmaker. He has speed to be a centerfieilder and would have got more attention last year but our other starting safety stole his thunder. I really don't see a whole in his game.

    Damian Copeland- This guy might sneak up the boards and be a 3rd round pick. On film he isn't going to jump out at you, but he does do some things well. He doesn't have great speed, he isn't great after the catch, but he does find ways to get open and make catches. If I had to compare him to someone, it would be Stevie Johnson.

    Hakeem Smith- decent free safety prospect but his weight is a concern. He is listed as 187 and at 6'1 that is pretty thin. He does play bigger. He isn't afraid to make a hit and is a pretty good athlete. He is worth a late round flyer but I don't know if he can hold up in the pros.

    Preston Brown- not a spectacular prospect, but does always find himself around the ball. He looks a little slow but has good size. He occasionally makes plays behind the line of scrimmage and has been consistent since he enrolled to Louisville. I wouldn't mind spending a late round pick on him, but would prefer to bring him in as an udfa.

    I know I seem biased with Bridgewater and Pryor, but I sincerely think they are the best prospects at their positions.

    slowburnS The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 9k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I think Bridgewater and Pryor are the best QB and S prospects too.

      Most everybody around here has a bias for their teams guys. Like Carlos Hyde for example. Good back, but I don't think he's the best in this draft. And I like Fluellen because he's from Toledo.

      Pocket presence though, I think Bortles, and Manziel are pretty decent there. I like Bridgewater's footwork and pass first mentality. He goes through his progressions as good as anybody in this draft.

      Maybe confused with lack of athleticism, he doesn't run that much. I think his athleticism is more than adequate.

      Good post and analysis though. Seems unbiased IMO. Pryor will be a stud IMO.

      Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger

        Being a huge Louisville fan, I figured I would give you some of my observations of what I have seen of the Louisville players in this up coming draft.

        Teddy Twatwater- I'm not excited about any qb in this draft, but I do think teddy is head and shoulders better than the rest. He is a sergon on 3rd downs, and has what no one else in this draft has, pocket presence. He will be most effective if we use him like Seattle uses Wilson.

        I have read about people questioning his athletic ability, but he is just a smooth runner that makes it look easy, kind of in the mold of Vince young. He is elusive and strong for his size.

        He does have his flaws. He probably will measure in at 6'2 205, but he is tough and shown he can take a hit. I have heard rumorss that he may have small hands which is kind of a big deal. My biggest fear is his leadership. He has such a calm demeanor, that he appears disinterested at times. I don't think that's the case but it is concerning. He doesnt have that winners personality that you see in all the great qbs. He isn't cam newton, but he doesnt seem like the uber professional like manning, Brady and, Wilson.

        Calvin Pryor- I think this guy has top 5 safety potential. He is an impact player that can make a good defense great. He has great ball skills ( made a few really nice one handed picks) and is a devastating hitter.

        Pryor is coming off a stellar season but before this season he wasnt as much of a playmaker. He has speed to be a centerfieilder and would have got more attention last year but our other starting safety stole his thunder. I really don't see a whole in his game.

        Damian Copeland- This guy might sneak up the boards and be a 3rd round pick. On film he isn't going to jump out at you, but he does do some things well. He doesn't have great speed, he isn't great after the catch, but he does find ways to get open and make catches. If I had to compare him to someone, it would be Stevie Johnson.

        Hakeem Smith- decent free safety prospect but his weight is a concern. He is listed as 187 and at 6'1 that is pretty thin. He does play bigger. He isn't afraid to make a hit and is a pretty good athlete. He is worth a late round flyer but I don't know if he can hold up in the pros.

        Preston Brown- not a spectacular prospect, but does always find himself around the ball. He looks a little slow but has good size. He occasionally makes plays behind the line of scrimmage and has been consistent since he enrolled to Louisville. I wouldn't mind spending a late round pick on him, but would prefer to bring him in as an udfa.

        I know I seem biased with Bridgewater and Pryor, but I sincerely think they are the best prospects at their positions.

        slowburn slowburnS
        • 2k Posts
        • 116 Reputation
        slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @louisville-slugger said:

        Being a huge Louisville fan, I figured I would give you some of my observations of what I have seen of the Louisville players in this up coming draft.

        Teddy Twatwater- I'm not excited about any qb in this draft, but I do think teddy is head and shoulders better than the rest. He is a sergon on 3rd downs, and has what no one else in this draft has, pocket presence. He will be most effective if we use him like Seattle uses Wilson.

        I have read about people questioning his athletic ability, but he is just a smooth runner that makes it look easy, kind of in the mold of Vince young. He is elusive and strong for his size.

        He does have his flaws. He probably will measure in at 6'2 205, but he is tough and shown he can take a hit. I have heard rumorss that he may have small hands which is kind of a big deal. My biggest fear is his leadership. He has such a calm demeanor, that he appears disinterested at times. I don't think that's the case but it is concerning. He doesnt have that winners personality that you see in all the great qbs. He isn't cam newton, but he doesnt seem like the uber professional like manning, Brady and, Wilson.

        Calvin Pryor- I think this guy has top 5 safety potential. He is an impact player that can make a good defense great. He has great ball skills ( made a few really nice one handed picks) and is a devastating hitter.

        Pryor is coming off a stellar season but before this season he wasnt as much of a playmaker. He has speed to be a centerfieilder and would have got more attention last year but our other starting safety stole his thunder. I really don't see a whole in his game.

        Damian Copeland- This guy might sneak up the boards and be a 3rd round pick. On film he isn't going to jump out at you, but he does do some things well. He doesn't have great speed, he isn't great after the catch, but he does find ways to get open and make catches. If I had to compare him to someone, it would be Stevie Johnson.

        Hakeem Smith- decent free safety prospect but his weight is a concern. He is listed as 187 and at 6'1 that is pretty thin. He does play bigger. He isn't afraid to make a hit and is a pretty good athlete. He is worth a late round flyer but I don't know if he can hold up in the pros.

        Preston Brown- not a spectacular prospect, but does always find himself around the ball. He looks a little slow but has good size. He occasionally makes plays behind the line of scrimmage and has been consistent since he enrolled to Louisville. I wouldn't mind spending a late round pick on him, but would prefer to bring him in as an udfa.

        I know I seem biased with Bridgewater and Pryor, but I sincerely think they are the best prospects at their positions.

        I'm a Cards fan myself. Nice analysis

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 4k Posts
          • 918 Reputation
          L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Pryor looks really interesting, think he'll go high

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger

            Being a huge Louisville fan, I figured I would give you some of my observations of what I have seen of the Louisville players in this up coming draft.

            Teddy Twatwater- I'm not excited about any qb in this draft, but I do think teddy is head and shoulders better than the rest. He is a sergon on 3rd downs, and has what no one else in this draft has, pocket presence. He will be most effective if we use him like Seattle uses Wilson.

            I have read about people questioning his athletic ability, but he is just a smooth runner that makes it look easy, kind of in the mold of Vince young. He is elusive and strong for his size.

            He does have his flaws. He probably will measure in at 6'2 205, but he is tough and shown he can take a hit. I have heard rumorss that he may have small hands which is kind of a big deal. My biggest fear is his leadership. He has such a calm demeanor, that he appears disinterested at times. I don't think that's the case but it is concerning. He doesnt have that winners personality that you see in all the great qbs. He isn't cam newton, but he doesnt seem like the uber professional like manning, Brady and, Wilson.

            Calvin Pryor- I think this guy has top 5 safety potential. He is an impact player that can make a good defense great. He has great ball skills ( made a few really nice one handed picks) and is a devastating hitter.

            Pryor is coming off a stellar season but before this season he wasnt as much of a playmaker. He has speed to be a centerfieilder and would have got more attention last year but our other starting safety stole his thunder. I really don't see a whole in his game.

            Damian Copeland- This guy might sneak up the boards and be a 3rd round pick. On film he isn't going to jump out at you, but he does do some things well. He doesn't have great speed, he isn't great after the catch, but he does find ways to get open and make catches. If I had to compare him to someone, it would be Stevie Johnson.

            Hakeem Smith- decent free safety prospect but his weight is a concern. He is listed as 187 and at 6'1 that is pretty thin. He does play bigger. He isn't afraid to make a hit and is a pretty good athlete. He is worth a late round flyer but I don't know if he can hold up in the pros.

            Preston Brown- not a spectacular prospect, but does always find himself around the ball. He looks a little slow but has good size. He occasionally makes plays behind the line of scrimmage and has been consistent since he enrolled to Louisville. I wouldn't mind spending a late round pick on him, but would prefer to bring him in as an udfa.

            I know I seem biased with Bridgewater and Pryor, but I sincerely think they are the best prospects at their positions.

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @louisville-slugger said:

            Being a huge Louisville fan, I figured I would give you some of my observations of what I have seen of the Louisville players in this up coming draft.

            Teddy Twatwater- I'm not excited about any qb in this draft, but I do think teddy is head and shoulders better than the rest. He is a sergon on 3rd downs, and has what no one else in this draft has, pocket presence. He will be most effective if we use him like Seattle uses Wilson.

            I have read about people questioning his athletic ability, but he is just a smooth runner that makes it look easy, kind of in the mold of Vince young. He is elusive and strong for his size.

            He does have his flaws. He probably will measure in at 6'2 205, but he is tough and shown he can take a hit. I have heard rumorss that he may have small hands which is kind of a big deal. My biggest fear is his leadership. He has such a calm demeanor, that he appears disinterested at times. I don't think that's the case but it is concerning. He doesnt have that winners personality that you see in all the great qbs. He isn't cam newton, but he doesnt seem like the uber professional like manning, Brady and, Wilson.

            Calvin Pryor- I think this guy has top 5 safety potential. He is an impact player that can make a good defense great. He has great ball skills ( made a few really nice one handed picks) and is a devastating hitter.

            Pryor is coming off a stellar season but before this season he wasnt as much of a playmaker. He has speed to be a centerfieilder and would have got more attention last year but our other starting safety stole his thunder. I really don't see a whole in his game.

            Damian Copeland- This guy might sneak up the boards and be a 3rd round pick. On film he isn't going to jump out at you, but he does do some things well. He doesn't have great speed, he isn't great after the catch, but he does find ways to get open and make catches. If I had to compare him to someone, it would be Stevie Johnson.

            Hakeem Smith- decent free safety prospect but his weight is a concern. He is listed as 187 and at 6'1 that is pretty thin. He does play bigger. He isn't afraid to make a hit and is a pretty good athlete. He is worth a late round flyer but I don't know if he can hold up in the pros.

            Preston Brown- not a spectacular prospect, but does always find himself around the ball. He looks a little slow but has good size. He occasionally makes plays behind the line of scrimmage and has been consistent since he enrolled to Louisville. I wouldn't mind spending a late round pick on him, but would prefer to bring him in as an udfa.

            I know I seem biased with Bridgewater and Pryor, but I sincerely think they are the best prospects at their positions.

            OK, so, now give us a report on UK prospects.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Louisville Slugger Louisville SluggerL
              • 706 Posts
              • 95 Reputation
              Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Slowburn do you live in Louisville, if so are you apart of the brownsbackers?

              I forgot Marcus Smith. I'm not really impressed with him. He is a good athlete, but he doesn't use his hands well and doesn't have many rush skills. Most of his big plays came from the opposing team missing their assignments. Louisvilles best defensive end is easily Lorenzo maudlin.

              I didnt watch a lot of UK football this year, but what I saw there wasn't a single player that stood out as a legit nfl prospect

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                • 33k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Teddy looked amazing in his bowl game

                Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • bbedwardB bbedward

                  I think Bridgewater and Pryor are the best QB and S prospects too.

                  Most everybody around here has a bias for their teams guys. Like Carlos Hyde for example. Good back, but I don't think he's the best in this draft. And I like Fluellen because he's from Toledo.

                  Pocket presence though, I think Bortles, and Manziel are pretty decent there. I like Bridgewater's footwork and pass first mentality. He goes through his progressions as good as anybody in this draft.

                  Maybe confused with lack of athleticism, he doesn't run that much. I think his athleticism is more than adequate.

                  Good post and analysis though. Seems unbiased IMO. Pryor will be a stud IMO.

                  Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 241 Reputation
                  Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @bbedward said:

                  I think Bridgewater and Pryor are the best QB and S prospects too.

                  Most everybody around here has a bias for their teams guys. Like Carlos Hyde for example. Good back, but I don't think he's the best in this draft. And I like Fluellen because he's from Toledo.

                  Pocket presence though, I think Bortles, and Manziel are pretty decent there. I like Bridgewater's footwork and pass first mentality. He goes through his progressions as good as anybody in this draft.

                  Maybe confused with lack of athleticism, he doesn't run that much. I think his athleticism is more than adequate.

                  Good post and analysis though. Seems unbiased IMO. Pryor will be a stud IMO.

                  I think the fact of the matter is that Bridgewater is the #1 QB in the class and has been since the end of last years draft. That is why people are questioning him now, because they have spent a full year pouring over his tape over and over again and they a nit picking at small flaws that are not seen in other QB prospects that seemed to be recently mentioned as 1st/2nd round picks (AKA Bortles, Carr, and Whats his name for W. Illinois). The same thing actually happened two years ago with Luck vs. RGIII. There was about a 2-3 week period were people were questioning how good he was compared to RGIII and you had media pundits coming out saying they though RGIII was better because of this and that. The only difference between then and now is that Luck was obviously a 1 in 10 year type of QB, while Bridgewater is the kind of talent you find every 2-3 years in the draft, like a Matt Ryan type of talent. Because of this I think he has a real chance of falling to us at 4 and I would be excited. Of course I would be excited to get either Bortles or Manzel too. I think we are seeing a top 3 QB class that is very close in talent and this year could compare to the year of Luck in terms of good starting QB's coming out in the draft.

                  For everyone else on Lousiville I think there are some good players. Poyer is obviously a talent that I would compare to both safeties in the Seahawls organization. Also isn't there a DE/OLB prospect from Lousiville that racked up like 15 sacks last season? I might be mistaken.

                  I also have to disagree about the Carlos Hyde comment. I think he has a rare combination of straight line speed and power. Considering that I thought he was closer to 6'2 and he came in the combine just under 6'0 makes him even better. He isn't a whole lot better than the #2 back in the class, but he is still easily #1. Having said that I don't think we draft him. I think he goes last 1st, early 2nd and if he is there for our 2nd round pick, I don't think we take him or anyother back. It's just not what Shanihan does.

                  Ruining threads since 1897.
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  Theme
                  • System
                  • Light
                  • Dark
                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Forums
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Donate