Skip to content

Which RB do you guys want in the draft?

The Browns Board
47 24 1.9k
  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I watched a few UCF games live. Johnson is no joke.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #25

    Yes, Storm would be the guy over the two guys I mentioned. I believe

    that he may be gone in the late 2nd, or early in the third, before the Browns

    ever have a chance at him with their second pick in the third. It all depends on the combine. It's possible West is

    there in the fifth and sixth. Who knows? But Storm won't be. If he's fast at the combine,

    you watch teams clamber after him. There aren't that many big backs in the draft.

  • Yes, Storm would be the guy over the two guys I mentioned. I believe

    that he may be gone in the late 2nd, or early in the third, before the Browns

    ever have a chance at him with their second pick in the third. It all depends on the combine. It's possible West is

    there in the fifth and sixth. Who knows? But Storm won't be. If he's fast at the combine,

    you watch teams clamber after him. There aren't that many big backs in the draft.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #26

    @calfoxwc said:

    Yes, Storm would be the guy over the two guys I mentioned. I believe

    that he may be gone in the late 2nd, or early in the third, before the Browns

    ever have a chance at him with their second pick in the third. It all depends on the combine. It's possible West is

    there in the fifth and sixth. Who knows? But Storm won't be. If he's fast at the combine,

    you watch teams clamber after him. There aren't that many big backs in the draft.

    right now he's projected as a sixth round pick.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/RB

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #27

    Yes, but if he shows greater speed at the combine, some team that only has

    one desperate need, like maybe the ratbirds?

    will jump at drafting him or West far earlier than projected, if he's the guy they want. My projections

    are just stupid guesses, ya know...lol

    After the combine workouts, including extensive interviews, it will be interesting to see how these projections

    are wrong, a lot, perhaps, like mock drafts are mostly all wrong.

  • Yes, but if he shows greater speed at the combine, some team that only has

    one desperate need, like maybe the ratbirds?

    will jump at drafting him or West far earlier than projected, if he's the guy they want. My projections

    are just stupid guesses, ya know...lol

    After the combine workouts, including extensive interviews, it will be interesting to see how these projections

    are wrong, a lot, perhaps, like mock drafts are mostly all wrong.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #28

    @calfoxwc said:

    Yes, but if he shows greater speed at the combine, some team that only has

    one desperate need, like maybe the ratbirds?

    will jump at drafting him or West far earlier than projected, if he's the guy they want. My projections

    are just stupid guesses, ya know...lol

    After the combine workouts, including extensive interviews, it will be interesting to see how these projections

    are wrong, a lot, perhaps, like mock drafts are mostly all wrong.

    yep, it happens every year. and then all you need is kiper or mcshay to say something positive about the kid and all of a sudden they jump up 2 rounds.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Yes, Storm would be the guy over the two guys I mentioned. I believe

    that he may be gone in the late 2nd, or early in the third, before the Browns

    ever have a chance at him with their second pick in the third. It all depends on the combine. It's possible West is

    there in the fifth and sixth. Who knows? But Storm won't be. If he's fast at the combine,

    you watch teams clamber after him. There aren't that many big backs in the draft.

    right now he's projected as a sixth round pick.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/RB

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @miktoxic said:

    right now he's projected as a sixth round pick.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/RB

    I've liked him for awhile. Let's get him especially if he wants to be on the browns.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Carlos Hyde and Dri Archer

  • b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Lache Seastrunk or Perkins from Miss St in later rounds

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #32

    tre mason broke alot of records that bo jackson and eric dickerson held?

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Hyde pulled up lame at the combine, looks like we should stay away from that.

  • tre mason broke alot of records that bo jackson and eric dickerson held?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @lbc-mike said:

    tre mason broke alot of records that bo jackson and eric dickerson held?

    Different offense though

  • Hyde pulled up lame at the combine, looks like we should stay away from that.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @topdawg31 said:

    Hyde pulled up lame at the combine, looks like we should stay away from that.

    really?
  • Carlos Hyde and Dri Archer

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @7moses7 said:

    Carlos Hyde and Dri Archer

    Dri Archer will be a kick returner and that is all at the NFL level. Too small.

  • The guy I like is RB Andre Williams from BC.

    He runs like a drunk dad playing tackle football in the back yard with his kids, just runs them over like an asshole.

    G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @walterwhite said:

    The guy I like is RB Andre Williams from BC.

    He runs like a drunk dad playing tackle football in the back yard with his kids, just runs them over like an asshole.

    Love love love Williams. I think the best route to go at rb would be to grab Williams and Hyde. Fuck those tipity toe dance running backs we need 2 vicious bruisers to beat the piss out of opposing defenses.

  • @walterwhite said:

    The guy I like is RB Andre Williams from BC.

    He runs like a drunk dad playing tackle football in the back yard with his kids, just runs them over like an asshole.

    Love love love Williams. I think the best route to go at rb would be to grab Williams and Hyde. Fuck those tipity toe dance running backs we need 2 vicious bruisers to beat the piss out of opposing defenses.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #38

    GuNNerGatSKy said:

    Love love love Williams. I think the best route to go at rb would be to grab Williams and Hyde. Fuck those tipity toe dance running backs we need 2 vicious bruisers to beat the piss out of opposing defenses.

    yep hyde pulled something on his first 40 attempt.

    dri archer posted the fastest 40 time below 4.3...almost beating out chris johnson's record.

    andre williams as they just noted did not catch one football coming out of the backfield last year. you gotta have a guy that can catch the ball.

    my guy storm johnson lookin good.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Just worry about QB, RB unimportant right now.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Hyde pulled up lame at the combine, looks like we should stay away from that.

    really?
    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    really?

    Tre Mason looks like the better back

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    really?

    Tre Mason looks like the better back

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @topdawg31 said:

    Tre Mason looks like the better back

    debatable. Will research the backs more in the next few weeks. The few times I saw Mason, I didnt see a lot of lateral agility. When he has to cut to make a hole, he does a side hop instead of planting and accelerating through the hole. And then, when hes in the second level, he was seeking out contact, which wont be a good thing in the NFL for a guy his size. Also, he didnt catch the ball very much. I dont think we draft a guy before the third round, so he may be gone anyways.
  • @topdawg31 said:

    Tre Mason looks like the better back

    debatable. Will research the backs more in the next few weeks. The few times I saw Mason, I didnt see a lot of lateral agility. When he has to cut to make a hole, he does a side hop instead of planting and accelerating through the hole. And then, when hes in the second level, he was seeking out contact, which wont be a good thing in the NFL for a guy his size. Also, he didnt catch the ball very much. I dont think we draft a guy before the third round, so he may be gone anyways.
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #42

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    debatable. Will research the backs more in the next few weeks. The few times I saw Mason, I didnt see a lot of lateral agility. When he has to cut to make a hole, he does a side hop instead of planting and accelerating through the hole. And then, when hes in the second level, he was seeking out contact, which wont be a good thing in the NFL for a guy his size. Also, he didnt catch the ball very much. I dont think we draft a guy before the third round, so he may be gone anyways.

    eisen and mayock were on his and sanky (sp?) jock all day.

    andre williams from BC really hurt himself by not being able to catch the ball.

    i might even wait until the 4th or 5th to pick a RB.

  • C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I didnt watch the combine, but looking at the results, it really seems like Dri Archer helped himself big time. For a guy that small to be able to throw up 20 reps and run that 40 on top of that is pretty impressive. He is definitely an athlete. Not sure if I want him at that size though.