Skip to content

Combine QB measurements have been released.

The Browns Board
45 21 1.7k
  • I wish JF had bortels body! hed be a monster...hed be first pick for sure

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @jeffinwv said:

    I wish JF had bortels body! hed be a monster...hed be first pick for sure

    He'd be Roetlisberger.

    Wilson's hands are 10.25 ... He is the standard for smaller QBs. ... So Teddy's hand size is not good for him.

    But he's thicker than I thought.

    I guess I'd have to look at hand sizes of other successful QBs before I put too much into TB's hand size.

    Z

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @mike-h said:

    Teddy has been scarfing down Beefcake 5000 shakes for weeks.

    He to rub some on his hands...

    🙂

    WSS

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Guess Teddy B should have hit the growth hormone before the NFL testing kicked in. Would have grown his feet, hands and as a bonus a little cro magnon skull lol

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Not surprised to see Manziel in under 6'.

    Happy to see Bridgewater gaining a bit.

    Any place we can find this full list? Curious for some other QBs measurements.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    couldn't find a complete list, but the walterfootball site has an easy to view list of the various positions and will presumably be updated in a timely manner.

    http://walterfootball.com/combine2014TE.php

  • Manziel - 5'11 3/4 207 Hand size: 9 7/8

    Bridgewtaer - 6'2 1/8 214 Hand size: 9 1/8

    Bortles - 6'5 232 Handsize: 9 3/8

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #12

    @walterwhite said:

    Manziel - 5'11 3/4 207 Hand size: 9 7/8

    Bridgewtaer - 6'2 1/8 214 Hand size: 9 1/8

    Bortles - 6'5 232 Handsize: 9 3/8

    I have measured my hand spread on my left hand and I get 9 3/4" Just slightly under my penis size.

    So, I guess I have a career choice: NFL QB or porn star.

    Which one do you think would get me laid by more different women?

    I also measured my right hand and it is only 9 1/2". My left hand is a full quarter inch larger than my right.

    (I am right handed)

  • @walterwhite said:

    Manziel - 5'11 3/4 207 Hand size: 9 7/8

    Bridgewtaer - 6'2 1/8 214 Hand size: 9 1/8

    Bortles - 6'5 232 Handsize: 9 3/8

    I have measured my hand spread on my left hand and I get 9 3/4" Just slightly under my penis size.

    So, I guess I have a career choice: NFL QB or porn star.

    Which one do you think would get me laid by more different women?

    I also measured my right hand and it is only 9 1/2". My left hand is a full quarter inch larger than my right.

    (I am right handed)

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    I have measured my hand spread and I get 9 3/4" Just slightly under my penis size.

    So, I guess I have a career choice: NFL QB or porn star.

    Which one do you think would get me laid by more different women?

    Concert pianist.

  • @walterwhite said:

    Manziel - 5'11 3/4 207 Hand size: 9 7/8

    Bridgewtaer - 6'2 1/8 214 Hand size: 9 1/8

    Bortles - 6'5 232 Handsize: 9 3/8

    I have measured my hand spread on my left hand and I get 9 3/4" Just slightly under my penis size.

    So, I guess I have a career choice: NFL QB or porn star.

    Which one do you think would get me laid by more different women?

    I also measured my right hand and it is only 9 1/2". My left hand is a full quarter inch larger than my right.

    (I am right handed)

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    I have measured my hand spread and I get 9 3/4" Just slightly under my penis size.

    So, I guess I have a career choice: NFL QB or porn star.

    Which one do you think would get me laid by more different women?

    Id say you wouldnt want to actually sleep with the porn stars over the almost limitless selection you'll have as a QB. Less worries about STD's and drug problems.
  • @the-gipper said:

    I have measured my hand spread and I get 9 3/4" Just slightly under my penis size.

    So, I guess I have a career choice: NFL QB or porn star.

    Which one do you think would get me laid by more different women?

    Concert pianist.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @gftchris said:

    Concert pianist.

    I can get about halfway through Chopsticks.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I would imagine that given your experience as a sword swallower with Barnum and Bailey a porn star career might well be a good choice...

    WSS

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Richard SHerman made a good point that playing against Wilson in practice was tough cause none of the DB"s can see Wilson release on the long downfield ball so they can't get a jump on it. He says with the taller qb's I always know when they're going deep cause of the way the shoulder comes up. Makes you wonder if the 6'4+ qb's are really all that necessary. If you have a shorter guy who can still throw deep you may have an advantage when he gets lost behind the o lineman

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Jeff Mathews has monster hands.

    Derek Carr is about identical to Bridgewater in size, smaller hands.

    Is having a fat hand that big of a deal probably not. I thought Carr was a bigger guy though.

  • Jeff Mathews has monster hands.

    Derek Carr is about identical to Bridgewater in size, smaller hands.

    Is having a fat hand that big of a deal probably not. I thought Carr was a bigger guy though.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @bbedward said:

    Jeff Mathews has monster hands.

    Derek Carr is about identical to Bridgewater in size, smaller hands.

    Is having a fat hand that big of a deal probably not. I thought Carr was a bigger guy though.

    hand size is huge for QBs. The ability to handle the ball in inclement weather,throw without the laces, and spinning the ball are helped by bigger hands. Remember the NFL ball is slightly bigger than the college ball.
  • Manziel - 5'11 3/4 207 Hand size: 9 7/8

    Bridgewtaer - 6'2 1/8 214 Hand size: 9 1/8

    Bortles - 6'5 232 Handsize: 9 3/8

    MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @walterwhite said:

    Manziel - 5'11 3/4 207 Hand size: 9 7/8

    Bridgewtaer - 6'2 1/8 214 Hand size: 9 1/8

    Bortles - 6'5 232 Handsize: 9 3/8

    So Manziel was the only guy that measured a full inch below his listed numbers..

  • Teddy's hands aren't suited to Cle weather and Manziel is just too small

    MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @londonbrown said:

    Teddy's hands aren't suited to Cle weather and Manziel is just too small

    BORTLE is the guy...

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Big hands in the cold weather is a huge advantage, we cant draft Tb or JM after those measurements

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #24

    How about this Logan Thomas kid? I really do not follow college until the draft.

  • Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    10 1/2 is a big hand. I wander what some of these basketball players hands measure.

    I remember Connie Hawkins looked like he could practically wrap his entire hand around a basketball.

  • Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    Yes, but does it help you spin a football?

    Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.

    Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.