Skip to content

Combine QB measurements have been released.

The Browns Board
45 21 1.7k
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I would imagine that given your experience as a sword swallower with Barnum and Bailey a porn star career might well be a good choice...

    WSS

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Richard SHerman made a good point that playing against Wilson in practice was tough cause none of the DB"s can see Wilson release on the long downfield ball so they can't get a jump on it. He says with the taller qb's I always know when they're going deep cause of the way the shoulder comes up. Makes you wonder if the 6'4+ qb's are really all that necessary. If you have a shorter guy who can still throw deep you may have an advantage when he gets lost behind the o lineman

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Jeff Mathews has monster hands.

    Derek Carr is about identical to Bridgewater in size, smaller hands.

    Is having a fat hand that big of a deal probably not. I thought Carr was a bigger guy though.

  • Jeff Mathews has monster hands.

    Derek Carr is about identical to Bridgewater in size, smaller hands.

    Is having a fat hand that big of a deal probably not. I thought Carr was a bigger guy though.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @bbedward said:

    Jeff Mathews has monster hands.

    Derek Carr is about identical to Bridgewater in size, smaller hands.

    Is having a fat hand that big of a deal probably not. I thought Carr was a bigger guy though.

    hand size is huge for QBs. The ability to handle the ball in inclement weather,throw without the laces, and spinning the ball are helped by bigger hands. Remember the NFL ball is slightly bigger than the college ball.
  • Manziel - 5'11 3/4 207 Hand size: 9 7/8

    Bridgewtaer - 6'2 1/8 214 Hand size: 9 1/8

    Bortles - 6'5 232 Handsize: 9 3/8

    MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @walterwhite said:

    Manziel - 5'11 3/4 207 Hand size: 9 7/8

    Bridgewtaer - 6'2 1/8 214 Hand size: 9 1/8

    Bortles - 6'5 232 Handsize: 9 3/8

    So Manziel was the only guy that measured a full inch below his listed numbers..

  • Teddy's hands aren't suited to Cle weather and Manziel is just too small

    MasterDogM MasterDog wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @londonbrown said:

    Teddy's hands aren't suited to Cle weather and Manziel is just too small

    BORTLE is the guy...

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Big hands in the cold weather is a huge advantage, we cant draft Tb or JM after those measurements

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #24

    How about this Logan Thomas kid? I really do not follow college until the draft.

  • Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    10 1/2 is a big hand. I wander what some of these basketball players hands measure.

    I remember Connie Hawkins looked like he could practically wrap his entire hand around a basketball.

  • Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    Yes, but does it help you spin a football?

    Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.

    Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    Yes, but does it help you spin a football?

    Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.

    Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @suomi said:

    Yes, but does it help you spin a football?

    Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.

    Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.

    I agree with everything you said.

    Bridgewater's hand size is 1/8" smaller than Bortles, that's pretty negligible. (OP is incorrect because Bridgewater was 9 1/4", Carr was 9 1/8")

    But none of these prospects light the world on fire. Bridgewater would interest me if he fell to #4.

    I hope we get one of Watkins, Clowney, or Bridgewater at #4.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    10 1/2 is a big hand. I wander what some of these basketball players hands measure.

    I remember Connie Hawkins looked like he could practically wrap his entire hand around a basketball.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    10 1/2 is a big hand. I wander what some of these basketball players hands measure.

    I remember Connie Hawkins looked like he could practically wrap his entire hand around a basketball.

    LeBron James hand is only 9 1/4" Jordan's were 11.375" http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261350
  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Hope the Browns give McCarran a look over. Good measurements.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.

    Yes, but does it help you spin a football?

    Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.

    Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @suomi said:

    Yes, but does it help you spin a football?

    Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.

    Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.

    Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?

  • @suomi said:

    Yes, but does it help you spin a football?

    Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.

    Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.

    Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?

    i'd take evans over watkins if we were to draft WR first. i know watkins is a playmaker but i guarantee you without evans no one would prob be even talking about JF as a top flight QB cuz he saved his ass so many times.

    i LIKED bortles the best out of the three Qbs we're all talking about but i heard someone say out of the three he lost the ball more than the other 2 in fumbles (i guess they were attributing that to the hand size). if none of these guys blows the roof off at the combine or their pro days, i wouldn't be surprised if we trade down let someone give us another pick get BPA and aim at a guy next year.

    mccarron and a couple others could surprise though.

  • @suomi said:

    Yes, but does it help you spin a football?

    Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.

    Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.

    Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?

    SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?

    I never said that he would have an immediate impact moreso than any other player. I simply stated that that he will be an immediate impact; I wasn't comparing him to anyone else. Of the immediate impact players (I'll leave you to define that list for us) he is the one that I prefer and hope that the Browns draft - simply because having a legitimate 2nd option at WR to pair with Josh Gordon will improve the passing game. In addition, Watkins will serve as insurance if chance convinces Gordon to spark one up.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I have measured my hand spread and I get 9 3/4" Just slightly under my penis size.

    So, I guess I have a career choice: NFL QB or porn star.

    Which one do you think would get me laid by more different women?

    Id say you wouldnt want to actually sleep with the porn stars over the almost limitless selection you'll have as a QB. Less worries about STD's and drug problems.
    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #33

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Id say you wouldnt want to actually sleep with the porn stars over the almost limitless selection you'll have as a QB. Less worries about STD's and drug problems.

    I would imagine the health of the porn stars would be much higher than random fans. Porn stars are routinely checked for STDs and all that. Obviously. You aren't going to have a porn star that has an STD. But there is no system in place, no database for random chicks that you find in bars

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #34

    How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?

  • How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mld-woody said:

    How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?

    I believe you extend your thumb out and go pinky to thumb. Don't think they measure length wise but not entirely sure.