Combine QB measurements have been released.
-
-
Damn, I guess I got really big hands, 10 1/2.
Yes, but does it help you spin a football?
Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.
Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.
Yes, but does it help you spin a football?
Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.
Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.
Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?
-
Yes, but does it help you spin a football?
Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.
Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.
Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?
Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?
i'd take evans over watkins if we were to draft WR first. i know watkins is a playmaker but i guarantee you without evans no one would prob be even talking about JF as a top flight QB cuz he saved his ass so many times.
i LIKED bortles the best out of the three Qbs we're all talking about but i heard someone say out of the three he lost the ball more than the other 2 in fumbles (i guess they were attributing that to the hand size). if none of these guys blows the roof off at the combine or their pro days, i wouldn't be surprised if we trade down let someone give us another pick get BPA and aim at a guy next year.
mccarron and a couple others could surprise though.
-
Yes, but does it help you spin a football?
Bridgewater is the best QB of the three - despite having the smallest hand size. Going through his progressions, making the right read, football smarts...he's top of the class in those most important but not-measureable-at-the-combine abilities. Manziel operates best on the run and is a liability in the pocket - not the recipe for a successful NFL quarterback. With those hands his best role in the future may be as the new actor in "The Clapper" commercials. Bortles is more of a project, but he has all the tools. In any event, if the Browns have a chance at any of them I say that Brian Hoyer is slated as the starter and plays until the drafted QB is ready. Which could be 2015 or 2016...and I'd be very OK with that.
Farmer may do the smart thing and pass on all three, draft a player who will have an immediate impact (Watkins) and pick HIS quarterback later in the draft. He's hinted at such a move, and I'm confident that he'll do what's in the best interest of the Browns.
Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?
Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?
I never said that he would have an immediate impact moreso than any other player. I simply stated that that he will be an immediate impact; I wasn't comparing him to anyone else. Of the immediate impact players (I'll leave you to define that list for us) he is the one that I prefer and hope that the Browns draft - simply because having a legitimate 2nd option at WR to pair with Josh Gordon will improve the passing game. In addition, Watkins will serve as insurance if chance convinces Gordon to spark one up.
-
Id say you wouldnt want to actually sleep with the porn stars over the almost limitless selection you'll have as a QB. Less worries about STD's and drug problems.I have measured my hand spread and I get 9 3/4" Just slightly under my penis size.
So, I guess I have a career choice: NFL QB or porn star.
Which one do you think would get me laid by more different women?
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Id say you wouldnt want to actually sleep with the porn stars over the almost limitless selection you'll have as a QB. Less worries about STD's and drug problems.
I would imagine the health of the porn stars would be much higher than random fans. Porn stars are routinely checked for STDs and all that. Obviously. You aren't going to have a porn star that has an STD. But there is no system in place, no database for random chicks that you find in bars
-
How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?
-
How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?
I believe you extend your thumb out and go pinky to thumb. Don't think they measure length wise but not entirely sure.
-
yepHow do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?
-
Now that we know Bridgewater is no longer 195 lbs soaking wet, in fact he is about where I had hoped he would be, I want TB if we go QB at 4. If not then Watkins at 4 and Carr at 30 whatever.
-
How about this Logan Thomas kid? I really do not follow college until the draft.
How about this Logan Thomas kid? I really do not follow college until the draft.
He is pretty terrible and will likely end up an UDFA.
-
Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?
I never said that he would have an immediate impact moreso than any other player. I simply stated that that he will be an immediate impact; I wasn't comparing him to anyone else. Of the immediate impact players (I'll leave you to define that list for us) he is the one that I prefer and hope that the Browns draft - simply because having a legitimate 2nd option at WR to pair with Josh Gordon will improve the passing game. In addition, Watkins will serve as insurance if chance convinces Gordon to spark one up.
I never said that he would have an immediate impact moreso than any other player. I simply stated that that he will be an immediate impact; I wasn't comparing him to anyone else. Of the immediate impact players (I'll leave you to define that list for us) he is the one that I prefer and hope that the Browns draft - simply because having a legitimate 2nd option at WR to pair with Josh Gordon will improve the passing game. In addition, Watkins will serve as insurance if chance convinces Gordon to spark one up.
I don't think there is a list of immediate impact players.
One won't be able to be compiled until the end of the season.
-
Logan Thomas did not improve at all over the last few years. He looked like a potential high pick as a Soph but never progressed. He is a huge dude with an arm, but lacks in accuracy and decision making. He is more mobile than he looks to. He ended up getting hurt last year. If any team drafted him it would be in a very late round as a project QB
-
I have bigger hands than Teddy... but fuck. Looking at the OL measurements and some other QB hand measurements... those are fucking huge.
-
How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?
Yes, that's right. From tip of the thumb to tip of the pinky.
Oddly enough, that quarter of an inch can make a big difference. Example: as noted above, my left hand has a 1/4" spread longer than my right hand. I have no problem palming a basketball with my left hand, but I have a lot of difficulty palming one with my right hand.
-
OK, riddle me this: I am looking on the site giving the 40 times for WRs, and they show "Official Time" and "Unofficial Time". And in some cases these times are at wide variance.
Example: Sammy Watkins was at 4.34 unofficial, but 4.43 official. Janis was 4.30 unofficial but 4.42 official.
John Brown of Pittsburg St. (Kan), Brandin Cook of Oregon St., and Janis of Saginaw Valley St. had the lowest "Unofficial times" at 4.30 each.
But under official time Brown was at 4.33, Cook 4.34, and Janis at 4.42.
So? What's up with that? Which do you go by?
-
I think unofficial is a guy with a stopwatch, official is laser measured, right?
-
Note on WRs....where this stat may be most important:
Best vertical leap: Tevin Reese, Baylor 44"
Worst: Cody Huffman: 27.5
A number of WRs did not participate
Other Notables:
Watkins 34"
Alan Robinson 39"
Jordan Matthews 35.5
Marqise Lee 38
Mike Evans 37
Abbredaris 30.5
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login