Skip to content

Combine QB measurements have been released.

The Browns Board
45 21 1.7k
  • How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mld-woody said:

    How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?

    I believe you extend your thumb out and go pinky to thumb. Don't think they measure length wise but not entirely sure.

  • How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @mld-woody said:

    How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?

    yep
  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Now that we know Bridgewater is no longer 195 lbs soaking wet, in fact he is about where I had hoped he would be, I want TB if we go QB at 4. If not then Watkins at 4 and Carr at 30 whatever.

  • How about this Logan Thomas kid? I really do not follow college until the draft.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @kosar_for_president said:

    How about this Logan Thomas kid? I really do not follow college until the draft.

    He is pretty terrible and will likely end up an UDFA.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why is Watkins guaranteed to have an immediate impact moreso than any other player?

    I never said that he would have an immediate impact moreso than any other player. I simply stated that that he will be an immediate impact; I wasn't comparing him to anyone else. Of the immediate impact players (I'll leave you to define that list for us) he is the one that I prefer and hope that the Browns draft - simply because having a legitimate 2nd option at WR to pair with Josh Gordon will improve the passing game. In addition, Watkins will serve as insurance if chance convinces Gordon to spark one up.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @suomi said:

    I never said that he would have an immediate impact moreso than any other player. I simply stated that that he will be an immediate impact; I wasn't comparing him to anyone else. Of the immediate impact players (I'll leave you to define that list for us) he is the one that I prefer and hope that the Browns draft - simply because having a legitimate 2nd option at WR to pair with Josh Gordon will improve the passing game. In addition, Watkins will serve as insurance if chance convinces Gordon to spark one up.

    I don't think there is a list of immediate impact players.

    One won't be able to be compiled until the end of the season.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Logan Thomas did not improve at all over the last few years. He looked like a potential high pick as a Soph but never progressed. He is a huge dude with an arm, but lacks in accuracy and decision making. He is more mobile than he looks to. He ended up getting hurt last year. If any team drafted him it would be in a very late round as a project QB

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #41

    I have bigger hands than Teddy... but fuck. Looking at the OL measurements and some other QB hand measurements... those are fucking huge.

  • How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @mld-woody said:

    How do they measure their hands by the way? Do you spread them and go pinky to thumb?

    Yes, that's right. From tip of the thumb to tip of the pinky.

    Oddly enough, that quarter of an inch can make a big difference. Example: as noted above, my left hand has a 1/4" spread longer than my right hand. I have no problem palming a basketball with my left hand, but I have a lot of difficulty palming one with my right hand.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #43

    OK, riddle me this: I am looking on the site giving the 40 times for WRs, and they show "Official Time" and "Unofficial Time". And in some cases these times are at wide variance.

    Example: Sammy Watkins was at 4.34 unofficial, but 4.43 official. Janis was 4.30 unofficial but 4.42 official.

    John Brown of Pittsburg St. (Kan), Brandin Cook of Oregon St., and Janis of Saginaw Valley St. had the lowest "Unofficial times" at 4.30 each.

    But under official time Brown was at 4.33, Cook 4.34, and Janis at 4.42.

    So? What's up with that? Which do you go by?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #44

    I think unofficial is a guy with a stopwatch, official is laser measured, right?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Note on WRs....where this stat may be most important:

    Best vertical leap: Tevin Reese, Baylor 44"

    Worst: Cody Huffman: 27.5

    A number of WRs did not participate

    Other Notables:

    Watkins 34"

    Alan Robinson 39"

    Jordan Matthews 35.5

    Marqise Lee 38

    Mike Evans 37

    Abbredaris 30.5