late round gems
-
I spotted a couple of guys I really like that we can get in the later rounds.
ILB Jack Tyler of Virginia tech has moved up to my second favorite inside linebacker prospect( behind borland and neck and neck with barrow). He has great instincts and plays downhill. He jumps the snap better than anyone I have seen in this draft. He is listed at 6,1 230 so he could put on some weight.
Safety Isaiah Lewis of Michigan st is a firery defender who is good in coverage and isn't afraid to lay some lumber. He could play either safety spot, but I would prefer to use him as an free safety.
I would suggest to YouTube these 2, I promise you won't be disappointed. -
Jeff Janis
-
JC Copeland. I think having a true bruiser of a FB would do wonders for our running game. Having a beast to clear the hole in power sets and put some ILBs on there asses can only be a good thing. Trouble is nabbing him at the right time as many teams will probably be looking to grab this kid in the later rounds.
-
Logan Thomas.
-
Additionally he is another xfactor being that he has incredible quickness and speed for a guy his size. He can easily take handoffs and make catches out of the backfield ans be a productive member of our offense other than just a lead blocker. I see this kids upside being very very high. Even if he doesn't translate into running and catching at the NFL level, he has excellent lead blocking skills abd one hell of a motor.
-
What about Dustin Vaughan? I am checking out his highlights. Steps up well in the pocket, has a canon. 6-5, 240. Thoughts?
-
WR Jeff Janis & QB Logan Thomas.
Mike
-
WR Jeff Janis & QB Logan Thomas.
Mike
Thomas as TE?WR Jeff Janis & QB Logan Thomas.
Mike
-
Thomas as TE?WR Jeff Janis & QB Logan Thomas.
Mike
-
please no...No, Thomas as a project QB.
Mike
-
Kent State RB Dri Archer just ran an unofficial 4.29 40 at the combine. Could be a nice scat back later in the draft.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
way too small. Thats crazy speed though. Wouldnt mind snagging him or Thomas for specialty role in 5th or later.
They actually announced his official time a little bit ago at a 4.26, just .02 behind Chris Johnson's combine record.
I agree he's way too small to be an every down back (5' 8" 175lbs) but I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted two running backs this year just because we have so many questions. Lewis looks like he has potential, but he's certainly unproven.
-
Jeff Janis
Jeff Janis
I was blowing his horn elsewhere.
-
RBs need to have good hands and enough speed for YACs. Necessary for making Read/Option plays a real threat. (Harvin type).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login