Skip to content

If You Have NFL network....Today IS The Day To Watch

The Browns Board
25 13 764
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #1

    RBs, QBs and WRs start their combine drills @9AM.

    saw an interview with bortles. the dude is smart and big. AND he has the balls to throw today.

    saw an interview with farmer and he got asked a question about manziel not being 6' and the comparison to wilson and he basically said that making that type of comparison is "the easy way out" and blah blah "would probably take the big guy" blah blah "ultimately would take the guy that fits in the system our coach is going to run" blah blah "we are going to break barriers (him and pettine) with the line of communication that hasn't been here in cleveland and make it a place that players will want to come" blah blah "make sure we get the guys that coach needs to plug into his system".

    farmer has got some serious swagger.

    i'm a fuggin believer already.

  • J J0hnnybg00d wrote on last edited by
    #2
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #3

    man WR evans is really making a case to be a top ten pick.

    i've like what i've seen from a bunch of WRs: smallish burners with great hands and the big guys as well. very deep draft.

    Qbs: bortles, fales, garropolo and mccarron have impressed. i think boyd like one of the commentators remarked reminds me of troy smith. not a fan.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I have it recorded. It's great to fast forward through commercials.

    Some combine points of interest from Rotoworld:

    **********************************************************************

    LSU WR Odell Beckham clocked unofficial forty times of 4.31 and 4.40 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
    Texas A&M WR Mike Evans clocked unofficial forty times of 4.50 and 4.47 at the NFL Combine.
    Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin clocked unofficial forty times of 4.59 and 4.53 at the NFL Combine.
    Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel clocked unofficial forty times of 4.63 and 4.56 at the Scouting Combine.
    The 4.56 mark was the fastest among Sunday morning's quarterbacks, and is faster than any quarterback who ran at last year's Combine. Manziel's on-field work is finished, as he's not throwing in Indianapolis. Overall, his weekend has been impressive. Manziel has reportedly had solid interviews with teams. We'll get our next look at Manziel late next month at the Aggies' Pro Day.
    Auburn OT Greg Robinson ran an official forty time of 4.92 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
    He was hand-timed as fast as 4.84. These are truly insane times for a 6-foot-5, 332-pound human being. Heads spun when Dontari Poe ran 4.89 at 346 pounds during the 2012 Combine, and Robinson's feat is similar. Robinson also bench pressed 225 pounds 32 times, a remarkable number for a guy with 35-inch arms. The 21-year-old is going to be a top-six draft pick, and could go as early as No. 2 overall to St. Louis. Robinson is a game-changing run blocker on tape.
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5
  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
    #6

    WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #7

    What does everyone think of Crockett Gillmore in the 4th-5th round.

    There are a TON of WR's in this draft.

  • WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

    LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @hunt-daddy said:

    WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

    I have been saying that for a while. Watkins would be a smart pick then QB and CB. first three picks

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #9

    The last 4 WR's just ran 4.4 or under, each one over 6'2. Crazy.

  • @hunt-daddy said:

    WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

    I have been saying that for a while. Watkins would be a smart pick then QB and CB. first three picks

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @lbc-mike said:

    I have been saying that for a while. Watkins would be a smart pick then QB and CB. first three picks

    I agree Mike. I truly think Hoyer will be good at worst case.

  • WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @hunt-daddy said:

    WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

    i liked what i saw out of mccarron today as well. i think he might last until #26 so you could always get another skill position or D player @4 or trade down or................

    there's too much to think about with what the browns could do. waiting 74 more days isn't helping matters.

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Watkins just ran a fast 4.34

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #13

    AJ had a smooth delivery on his passes.

  • WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @hunt-daddy said:

    WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

    I at one time was a fan of Watkins at 4 as opposed to one of the "top" QB's. I am still a fan of not selecting a QB at 4 but the more I think about it I would not take Watkins. My reasoning is two fold. One I think that we have a solid number 1 in Gordon. Two this draft is pretty deep with some pretty impressive WR's who would be more than adequate number 2 guys who can be had in the later 1st and even 2nd round. Because of that I am a fan (wait for it here come the flames) of an elite OT at 4 and then a QB and WR between the bottom of the 1st and top of the 2nd with our next two picks.

  • AJ had a smooth delivery on his passes.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @lbc-mike said:

    AJ had a smooth delivery on his passes.

    I have not gotten an opportunity to review the combine footage I have recorded. I did catch some radio commentary on McCarron. They were saying he seems like a very bitter man blaming a lot of people for a lot of things. Anyone hear any of this from him on an interview?

  • @lbc-mike said:

    AJ had a smooth delivery on his passes.

    I have not gotten an opportunity to review the combine footage I have recorded. I did catch some radio commentary on McCarron. They were saying he seems like a very bitter man blaming a lot of people for a lot of things. Anyone hear any of this from him on an interview?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @jcam222 said:

    I have not gotten an opportunity to review the combine footage I have recorded. I did catch some radio commentary on McCarron. They were saying he seems like a very bitter man blaming a lot of people for a lot of things. Anyone hear any of this from him on an interview?

    i didn't hear anything about that while watching the combine. the only thing they said was he was unlike other alabama QBs in recent years that, in their opinions, will make a good NFL QB. maybe he's pissed because he's won championships and is considered a 'game manager' and is like the number 5 rated QB behind some of these other schlubs.

    boyd made a comment about bridgewater (because he didn't even run today)........."i thought this was a competition?"

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Toss up. Honestly I like the 3 QB's we can get at 4 and Carr or Garoppolo at 26 or our 2nd rounder.

  • WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @hunt-daddy said:

    WR is deep this year no doubt. Do you take Watkins and then a QB later? Or do you take a QB right away and then get a receiver later? The idea of Watkins and Gordon is exciting, but the idea of a top QB throwing to Gordon and then another receiver is also exciting. I feel like I could be content with either choice. I really trust Farmer. Guy seems legit.

    Most impressive today has been McCarron. He's looked way better than I expected him to. Really thought he was a product of the system, but he might not be.

    I thought McCarron looked pretty horrible on the throwing drills down the seams. His draft stock went down for me.

    On the other hand, Mike Evans impressed me a lot. Love his catch radius and size.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #19

    bortles was solid. i liked what i saw from fales and garoppollo. but no one of these guys just stood up and made me shout we have to get this guy with our number 4.

    evans impressed me the most today. i've seen watkins play and i know what he can do but tall is important for so-so QBs.

    just ask johnny football.

  • Toss up. Honestly I like the 3 QB's we can get at 4 and Carr or Garoppolo at 26 or our 2nd rounder.

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Toss up. Honestly I like the 3 QB's we can get at 4 and Carr or Garoppolo at 26 or our 2nd rounder.

    The question is....who do you like best?