Logan Thomas
-
Logan Thomas is an awful QB, if thats the QB Farmer likes we might as well got back to Lombardi.
-
We already have a guy like him. Marqueis Gray.
-
Funny that you should post this. Farmer made a comment at the Senior Bowl about how Thomas related to teammates between plays & Haslam got on his cell phone today right after Thomas ran. He has a high upside, but needs time & coaching. I had called Cal to tell him I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas was the QB Farmer likes & Cal told me this thread was started, so I figured I would post. If you think about it, if the Browns think Hoyer can carry us for awhile (more ideal than starting a rookie), this could be a way they might go. Maybe to have him as a developmental 3rd string QB behind Hoyer & ???.
We'll see.
Mike
Funny that you should post this. Farmer made a comment at the Senior Bowl about how Thomas related to teammates between plays & Haslam got on his cell phone today right after Thomas ran. He has a high upside, but needs time & coaching. I had called Cal to tell him I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas was the QB Farmer likes & Cal told me this thread was started, so I figured I would post. If you think about it, if the Browns think Hoyer can carry us for awhile (more ideal than starting a rookie), this could be a way they might go. Maybe to have him as a developmental 3rd string QB behind Hoyer & ???.
We'll see.
Mike
Haslem is at the combine?
This is getting Jerry Jonesish.
Zombo
-
Funny that you should post this. Farmer made a comment at the Senior Bowl about how Thomas related to teammates between plays & Haslam got on his cell phone today right after Thomas ran. He has a high upside, but needs time & coaching. I had called Cal to tell him I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas was the QB Farmer likes & Cal told me this thread was started, so I figured I would post. If you think about it, if the Browns think Hoyer can carry us for awhile (more ideal than starting a rookie), this could be a way they might go. Maybe to have him as a developmental 3rd string QB behind Hoyer & ???.
We'll see.
Mike
Haslem is at the combine?
This is getting Jerry Jonesish.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Haslem is at the combine?
This is getting Jerry Jonesish.
Zombo
Yeah, but he appeared to be in a Loge while Farmer & Pettine were seated down close to the field.
I also feel compelled to say I am not endorsing a Logan Thomas pick, BUT staying with Hoyer & selecting a "project" in later rounds is not an impossibility. After all, none of us know what will happen in May, so let's wait & see.
Mike
-
Zombo said:
Haslem is at the combine?
This is getting Jerry Jonesish.
Zombo
Yeah, but he appeared to be in a Loge while Farmer & Pettine were seated down close to the field.
I also feel compelled to say I am not endorsing a Logan Thomas pick, BUT staying with Hoyer & selecting a "project" in later rounds is not an impossibility. After all, none of us know what will happen in May, so let's wait & see.
Mike
ye
Yeah, but he appeared to be in a Loge while Farmer & Pettine were seated down close to the field.
I also feel compelled to say I am not endorsing a Logan Thomas pick, BUT staying with Hoyer & selecting a "project" in later rounds is not an impossibility. After all, none of us know what will happen in May, so let's wait & see.
Mike
they had haslam and farmer both in the box yesterday. haslam was talking to him while the OL were doing their combine field skill tests.
i can see them going with a project guy but i would hope they make a better choice like a fales or garoppollo who i can see falling to us easily at 26 or even in the third.
-
Zombo said:
Haslem is at the combine?
This is getting Jerry Jonesish.
Zombo
Yeah, but he appeared to be in a Loge while Farmer & Pettine were seated down close to the field.
I also feel compelled to say I am not endorsing a Logan Thomas pick, BUT staying with Hoyer & selecting a "project" in later rounds is not an impossibility. After all, none of us know what will happen in May, so let's wait & see.
Mike
Man, this guy isnt a project, its a complete overhaul. The only thing this guy has are measurables. 5th or later, whatever, as long as he isnt the 1st QB taken by us.Yeah, but he appeared to be in a Loge while Farmer & Pettine were seated down close to the field.
I also feel compelled to say I am not endorsing a Logan Thomas pick, BUT staying with Hoyer & selecting a "project" in later rounds is not an impossibility. After all, none of us know what will happen in May, so let's wait & see.
Mike
-
I have liked Garappolo for quite awhile and, while I don't view him as an immediate starter, I don't look at him as a project. Just a QB to play behind Hoyer for awhile. To me a project is someone who has the physical tools but needs a LOT of fundamental coaching (like Thomas) to be a viable NFL QB.
I would look at Garappolo as a late 2nd to 3rd round pick & Thomas no earlier than 5th round.
Mike
-
I have liked Garappolo for quite awhile and, while I don't view him as an immediate starter, I don't look at him as a project. Just a QB to play behind Hoyer for awhile. To me a project is someone who has the physical tools but needs a LOT of fundamental coaching (like Thomas) to be a viable NFL QB.
I would look at Garappolo as a late 2nd to 3rd round pick & Thomas no earlier than 5th round.
Mike
Every rookie QB is a project. Just a matter of what needs fixed. With his tools, hes gotta master the mental side of the game. Thomas doesnt need to be as good mentally because running opens things up, but fixing the way he throws the ball naturally will be more of a challenge. I promise you, Thomas will never amount to shit as a QB.I have liked Garappolo for quite awhile and, while I don't view him as an immediate starter, I don't look at him as a project. Just a QB to play behind Hoyer for awhile. To me a project is someone who has the physical tools but needs a LOT of fundamental coaching (like Thomas) to be a viable NFL QB.
I would look at Garappolo as a late 2nd to 3rd round pick & Thomas no earlier than 5th round.
Mike
-
I am a huge Hokie fan and this guy was pretty darn good his first year starting but he had a future 1st round running back in the backfield with him and the #1 and #2 leading receivers in school history. After that year he went on to be pretty painful to watch. He has all the skills to be a freak QB but was remarkably inconsistent. There were times list season where watching him Saturday and then Weeden on Sunday led to pretty terrible hangovers Monday. As a late round project he'd be a fine pick but I don't see him lasting til the late rounds. Some team is going to draft him higher than he should be drafted based soley on his athleticism.
-
Meanwhile, Manziel is not throwing at the combine because, per George Whitfield, his
combine coach, from NE Ohio...says, Manziel is working on his mechanics and footwork
that is more NFL efficient.
Why he wouldn't have been workin on that in advance of the combine, who knows. Manziel
only ran a 4.6 whatever.... that won't get him success in the NFL like he had in college.
I'm really hoping the Browns go Bortles, or A. J.; McCarron now. They both are impressing
at the combine. Manziel needs good weather, and a dome, I think. I also wonder if Manziel
is an adrenaline junkie. lol. Going to some party ... I'll vote him "most likely to get injured
racing a motorcycle, speed boat, or car" in an off-season. Or, he may grow up, and be
a winning NFL qb and everybody will be proud of him on and off the field.
-
Meanwhile, Manziel is not throwing at the combine because, per George Whitfield, his
combine coach, from NE Ohio...says, Manziel is working on his mechanics and footwork
that is more NFL efficient.
Why he wouldn't have been workin on that in advance of the combine, who knows. Manziel
only ran a 4.6 whatever.... that won't get him success in the NFL like he had in college.
I'm really hoping the Browns go Bortles, or A. J.; McCarron now. They both are impressing
at the combine. Manziel needs good weather, and a dome, I think. I also wonder if Manziel
is an adrenaline junkie. lol. Going to some party ... I'll vote him "most likely to get injured
racing a motorcycle, speed boat, or car" in an off-season. Or, he may grow up, and be
a winning NFL qb and everybody will be proud of him on and off the field.
Meanwhile, Manziel is not throwing at the combine because, per George Whitfield, his
combine coach, from NE Ohio...says, Manziel is working on his mechanics and footwork
that is more NFL efficient.
Why he wouldn't have been workin on that in advance of the combine, who knows. Manziel
only ran a 4.6 whatever.... that won't get him success in the NFL like he had in college.
Manziel has been in southern California with Whitfield for at least the last month, maybe longer working with Whitfield on all aspects of the game.
-
Meanwhile, Manziel is not throwing at the combine because, per George Whitfield, his
combine coach, from NE Ohio...says, Manziel is working on his mechanics and footwork
that is more NFL efficient.
Why he wouldn't have been workin on that in advance of the combine, who knows. Manziel
only ran a 4.6 whatever.... that won't get him success in the NFL like he had in college.
Manziel has been in southern California with Whitfield for at least the last month, maybe longer working with Whitfield on all aspects of the game.
Manziel has been in southern California with Whitfield for at least the last month, maybe longer working with Whitfield on all aspects of the game.
he's been working with him for 3 years
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login