FA's
-
Here are like the Top 5 at each of the Browns positions of need, excluding QB:
RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew
WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders
OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah
ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason
CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie
Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas
-
Here are like the Top 5 at each of the Browns positions of need, excluding QB:
RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew
WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders
OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah
ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason
CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie
Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas
OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell),
Yes, and they are the first Jewish brothers to play in the NFL since 1923.
We could put them next to each other, Schwartz & Schwartz Roadgraders Inc.
Zombo
-
OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell),
Yes, and they are the first Jewish brothers to play in the NFL since 1923.
We could put them next to each other, Schwartz & Schwartz Roadgraders Inc.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Yes, and they are the first Jewish brothers to play in the NFL since 1923.
We could put them next to each other, Schwartz & Schwartz Roadgraders Inc.
Zombo
OK, but my question is would that be Schwartz & Schwartz "UpGraders" from what we have if we got him?
The one site I looked at said that Geoff Schwartz is the #1 OG FA available.
-
Geoff Schwartz is per what I read 6'6" 340 Lbs. He will be entering his 7th season.....more or less the prime for an OL. He is with his third team now. spent 4 years with the Panthers, 2 with the Vikings and last year with the Chiefs.
He is primarily a Right Guard, so he could play right next to his RT brother. Is that where we need help the most?
He credits his size and strength to eating mahtzo ball soup and latkas.
What would you all think about picking him up for our OG need?
CBSSports.com has the FA OGs ranked thus:
1. Wharton
2. Asmoah
3. Zane Beadles
4. Colon
5. Rinehart
6. Schwartz.
I see this as one area the Browns may definitely used the FA market rather than the draft to fill a need.
-
Man I thought it was a lock that Schwartz was gonna land here last year. Played under Chud, has his bro here, and we had a huge need for guard. He didnt start his one year in Minnesota so he was cheap. I was yelling for it to happen. Then he signed a 1 yr deal in KC and excelled (he'd had injury problems in the past), he actually stole Asamoah's job mid season and Asamoah is one of the best young guards around. KC will let one walk, and we better be barking up his tree.
-
Here are like the Top 5 at each of the Browns positions of need, excluding QB:
RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew
WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders
OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah
ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason
CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie
Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas
Here are like the Top 5 at each of the Browns positions of need, excluding QB:
RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew - To me these are all no thank you with the exception of Tate. If we can't get Tate I say add Gerhardt and draft one.
WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders - This draft is very deep at WR and needing a #2 I personally would look to the draft.
OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah - Schwartz is a decent idea. Thing is do we really need a guard or do we need a tackle moving Mitchell Swartz to guard? I personally think we need a new tackle on the right side.
ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason - Love to snag Butler and grab another in the draft. Most of these guys could help our team.
CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie - Verner or Talib would be very nice. Others aging and I would look to draft.
Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas - I am feeling Byrd coming to Cleveland pairing up with TJ. Just imagine Byrd, Ward, Haden and Verner as our secondary. I know I am dreaming but its a good one.
Comments in red.
-
Alteraun Verner? What is he, a cross between Star Wars and Animal House? A destroyed planet...Alderan and Dean Vernon Wormer....or is is Wormer Vernon, or Worman Verner?
-
Here are like the Top 5 at each of the Browns positions of need, excluding QB:
RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew
WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders
OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah
ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason
CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie
Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas
The direction Id go is G and CB in free agency. MLB is another one to watch because we may need two.Here are like the Top 5 at each of the Browns positions of need, excluding QB:
RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew
~ Id be interested in any of em depending on the price
WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders
~ Id be interested in any of em depending on the price
OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah
~ Id be interested in any of em, depending on the price (we have to land one of em though imo)
ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason
No thanks on Dansby, Butler's my favorite, rest would help
CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie
Id be interested in any of em, depending on the price. (I think we have to land one)
Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas
with the exception of Byrd, we should pass.
-
The direction Id go is G and CB in free agency. MLB is another one to watch because we may need two.Here are like the Top 5 at each of the Browns positions of need, excluding QB:
RB: Ben Tate, Darren McFadden, LeGarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew
~ Id be interested in any of em depending on the price
WR Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders
~ Id be interested in any of em depending on the price
OG: Geoff Schwartz (I believe the brother of Mitchell), Travell Wharton, Chad Rinehart, Willie Colon, Jon Asamoah
~ Id be interested in any of em, depending on the price (we have to land one of em though imo)
ILBs: Donald Butler, Karlos Dansby, Brandon Spikes, Daryl Smith, Jon Beason
No thanks on Dansby, Butler's my favorite, rest would help
CBs: Brent Grimes, Aqib Talib, Alteraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie
Id be interested in any of em, depending on the price. (I think we have to land one)
Safty: Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner, Antoine Bethea, Chris Clemons, Louis Delmas
with the exception of Byrd, we should pass.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
The direction Id go is G and CB in free agency. MLB is another one to watch because we may need two.
Sure. Of course, as I see it, with 10 picks we could end up drafting 2 RBs or 2 MLBs.
-
Alteraun Verner? What is he, a cross between Star Wars and Animal House? A destroyed planet...Alderan and Dean Vernon Wormer....or is is Wormer Vernon, or Worman Verner?
Alteraun Verner? What is he, a cross between Star Wars and Animal House? A destroyed planet...Alderan and Dean Vernon Wormer....or is is Wormer Vernon, or Worman Verner?
The first name was from a Scrabble draw and the 2nd name from the soda his mom drank after conception.
He is a beast would love him as a Brown.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
The direction Id go is G and CB in free agency. MLB is another one to watch because we may need two.
Sure. Of course, as I see it, with 10 picks we could end up drafting 2 RBs or 2 MLBs.
Id much rather take 2 RB's than 2 MLB out of this class. And the corner crop doesnt impress at all as far as size goes. I bet all the guys 6'1 and taller are gone by the 3rd. If we dont get a FA MLB we have to take one with one of our first three picks.Sure. Of course, as I see it, with 10 picks we could end up drafting 2 RBs or 2 MLBs.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login