Rivalries
-
OK, In another thread I compared Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Here I will give you a chance to choose from various other rival cities. Say which city you prefer and maybe a few reasons why. It can be any reason, sports, better travel, whatever you prefer:
San Diego or Phoenix
Philadelphia or Boston
Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
Tampa or Miami or Jacksonville or Orlando
Dallas or Houston or San Antonio
Nashville or Memphis
Washington DC or Baltimore
Atlanta or New Orleans
Kansas City or St. Louis
Denver or Salt Lake City
Seattle or Portland or Vancouver
Los Angeles or San Francisco
Chicago or Detroit
Calgary or Edmonton
Montreal or Toronto
Columbus or Cincinnati or Indianapolis
-
San Diego or Phoenix
Beach over desert is a no-brainer.
Philadelphia or Boston
I like the Boston downtown better ... but Philly people are more fun.
Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
I've never been to Milwaukee, but MSP is nice .. in the Summer
Tampa or Miami or Jacksonville or Orlando
I am an expert in this area.
Miami is a mess.
Orlando is a landlocked tourist hell
Jacksonville is too rednecky.
Tampa by miles.
Dallas or Houston or San Antonio
I'm going with Dallas because I've never been to San Antonio ... although I think I would like it better. Houston blows.
Nashville or Memphis
The Blues over Country any day.
Washington DC or Baltimore
Washington is MUCH more interesting
Atlanta or New Orleans
More fun, better food, better music ...
Kansas City or St. Louis
Never been to either, I think I would prefer KC though.
Denver or Salt Lake City
Both are beautifully located, a little more to do in Denver.
Seattle or Portland or Vancouver
Never been to Vancouver, I like both Seattle and Portland very much ... Seattle gets the nod because it has more of a majestic feel.
Los Angeles or San Francisco
Both are great, but I am a Southern California kind of guy
Chicago or Detroit
Chicago is an amazing city
Calgary or Edmonton
Never been to either
Montreal or Toronto
Never been to Montreal, but i enjoyed Toronto a lot.
Columbus or Cincinnati or Indianapolis
Columbus and Indy are pretty mundane for big cities ... Cincy at least has some flavor.
-
San Diego or Phoenix Lived there for a few years. Drawbacks are Cost of Living and getting really crowded
Philadelphia or Boston People are cool. Boston people are stuck up.
Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul Nice place
Tampa or Miami or Jacksonville or Orlando Never been
Dallas or Houston or San Antonio Lot of bases nearby
Nashville or Memphis Clean city. Memphis is a ghetto
Washington DC or Baltimore Neither they both suck
Atlanta or New Orleans Neither as above
Kansas City or St. Louis Neither
Denver or Salt Lake City Pot is legal
Seattle or Portland or Vancouver
Los Angeles or San Francisco Neither LA illegal aliens/SF - FAGS.
Chicago or Detroit Both are infested with gangs. But Chicago looks better.
Calgary or Edmonton Never been to either one.
Montreal or Toronto I love going there and eating some Freedom Fries.
Columbus or Cincinnati or Indianapolis Cincinnati blows. Columbus is cool and has some good Japanese food stores.
-
I haven't been to all these cities, but I'll do it based on what I know.
San Diego or Phoenix
Gotta go with the beaches, night life, seafood.
Philadelphia or Boston
This one's tougher IMO. Boston is painfully congested. Both have a lot of history and are older cities, etc. Boston for the seafood though, although I like Hoagies and Cheesesteaks - it's just tougher to find a good chowder.
Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
Haven't been to either, but I here people rave about Milwaukee. "Homier" little big city with riverwalk and lots of things to do.
Tampa or Miami or Jacksonville or Orlando
I prefer the gulf side of florida. Better beaches like Honeymoon, clearwater. And you can always watch a sunset on the west side.
Dallas or Houston or San Antonio
By far San Antonio. Least hick of all the 3. San Antonio riverwalk is somewhere I really want to go too.
Nashville or Memphis
Memphis is a little more urban IMO, but I have no real preference.
Washington DC or Baltimore
Not a fan of Baltimore. Not really a fan of DC either as a city, but I have to choose the capital here.
Atlanta or New Orleans
By far. Bourbon street, music, amazing food, clubs, etc.
Kansas City or St. Louis
I think KC is on the up a lot more than St. Louis. Also just seems more attractive to me. I like KC bbq slightly more than St. Louis - hickory smoked.
Denver or Salt Lake City
Tough choice. I probably choose Denver because finding decent beer in SLC is nearly impossible. They're all like 3% alcohol.
Seattle or Portland or Vancouver
Seattle has better music and better coffee.
Los Angeles or San Francisco
Eh, LA isn't really my style. San francisco's better looking and cleaner.
Chicago or Detroit
Chicago wins by an Irish mile for me. Way way more to do and amazing deep dish.
Calgary or Edmonton
Don't know much about Calgary or Edmonton except they hate each other's hockey eams.
Montreal or Toronto
Looser drinking laws. Can buy it more places, drink it more freely. Better transit. Basically Montreal is more fun.
Columbus or Cincinnati or Indianapolis
I like too many things about Columbus. Downtown bars, OSU, schmidt's, that one restaurant with the crazy food I forget the name of - that most people probably forget the name of but where else can you get a waffle wrapped burger in maple syrup or a mozarella stick and chicken wing sandwich.
-
OK, In another thread I compared Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Here I will give you a chance to choose from various other rival cities. Say which city you prefer and maybe a few reasons why. It can be any reason, sports, better travel, whatever you prefer:
San Diego or Phoenix
Philadelphia or Boston
Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
Tampa or Miami or Jacksonville or Orlando
Dallas or Houston or San Antonio
Nashville or Memphis
Washington DC or Baltimore
Atlanta or New Orleans
Kansas City or St. Louis
Denver or Salt Lake City
Seattle or Portland or Vancouver
Los Angeles or San Francisco
Chicago or Detroit
Calgary or Edmonton
Montreal or Toronto
Columbus or Cincinnati or Indianapolis
OK, In another thread I compared Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Here I will give you a chance to choose from various other rival cities. Say which city you prefer and maybe a few reasons why. It can be any reason, sports, better travel, whatever you prefer:
My own choices
San Diego or Phoenix
San Diego by a slight measure. Phoenix probably has more beautiful scenery nearby, the the consistent mild temps of SD trump the heat of the desert.
Philadelphia or Boston
Right now, I choose Boston because there are things that I want to see and do in Boston, whereas in Philly I have sortof been there done that.
But that is simply my peculiar reason for choosing the Chowds.
Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
My son lives in Minn. My wife is from just south of Mil. I can't choose, so I won't. Call it a tie.
Tampa or Miami or Jacksonville or Orlando
I originally thought about this this way: Jax is just a big far less interesting southern suburb of Savannah. Orlando is a been there done that place for me. But then so are Miami and Tampa. Miami has more interesting architecture and attractions, but Tampa has better beaches. When I thought: if forced which one would I choose to go back to, and I trended toward Miami. But Z makes good points. At my age, relaxing on the better beaches may be a better choice.
Dallas or Houston or San Antonio
Dallas and Houston, to me, except for a few interesting spots, are just big characterless cities. San Antonio is not. It has much more character. Besides, my daughter goes to school there, so I have to like it best. (but I actually do even so)
Nashville or Memphis
I like the Blues better than CW also. And Elvis was from Memphis, thank you very much.
Washington DC or Baltimore
DC just has too much history, museums, monuments/memorials etc.. Washington.
Atlanta or New Orleans
Atlanta seems to me to be a boring characterless city. New Orleans is anything but.
Kansas City or St. Louis
Good BBQ vs. watered down Bud? KC should get the edge just for that.....but, I have to give the nod to the Arch for best skyline vista. St. Louis
Denver or Salt Lake City
I give the nod to SLC. More interesting setting between the mountains and the Great Salt Lake. More interesting architecture.
Seattle or Portland or Vancouver
All nice. Slight Edge to Vancouver. Just a feel about it. It seemed more vibrant. Perhaps it was the diversity.
Los Angeles or San Francisco
Smog in LA can be a downer. San Fran much more picturesque, no doubt.
Chicago or Detroit
Detroit is trying to make a comeback. Chicago never left. Plus it was the name of a great movie.
Calgary or Edmonton
Similar, I have been to both. But Calgary gets the edge with it proximity to the Canadian Rockies. Edmonton sits on the plains
Montreal or Toronto
Slight edge to Toronto. Just love its skyline.
Columbus or Cincinnati or Indianapolis
Columbus and Indy are just overgrown cowtowns whose growth can primarily be attributed to being government sponge towns.
Cincy has far more character.
-
The two that stand out to me are....
Jet's and Giant's
Cowboy's and Redskins
That has nothing really to do with what this thread is about, but thanks for your input. If we were going there I guess we could say: Ohio St./Michigan, Duke/NC, Bears/Packers, Red Sox/Yankees, Lakers/Celtics, Maple Leafs/Canadiennes.
-
OK, In another thread I compared Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Here I will give you a chance to choose from various other rival cities. Say which city you prefer and maybe a few reasons why. It can be any reason, sports, better travel, whatever you prefer:
San Diego or Phoenix
Philadelphia or Boston
Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
Tampa or Miami or Jacksonville or Orlando
Dallas or Houston or San Antonio
Nashville or Memphis
Washington DC or Baltimore
Atlanta or New Orleans
Kansas City or St. Louis
Denver or Salt Lake City
Seattle or Portland or Vancouver
Los Angeles or San Francisco
Chicago or Detroit
Calgary or Edmonton
Montreal or Toronto
Columbus or Cincinnati or Indianapolis
OK, In another thread I compared Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Here I will give you a chance to choose from various other rival cities. Say which city you prefer and maybe a few reasons why. It can be any reason, sports, better travel, whatever you prefer:
San Diego or Phoenix - One of the most beautiful places I have ever been
Philadelphia or Boston- Philly has a great cultural scene and nightlife
Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul - Young, friendly crowd
Tampa or Miami or Jacksonville or Orlando- Tampa Riverwalk is cool, beaches are great as well.
Dallas or Houston or San Antonio- never been to any of them but I have a lot of respect for the Spurs
Nashville or Memphis- stayed with some muscian friends of mine in nashville for a few weeks after college- awesome experience, great music venues.
Washington DC or Baltimore- expensive and kind of dirty- but screw Baltimore
Atlanta or New Orleans- Atlanta has great food, and a cool downtown scene - new Orleans was disgusting when I went
Kansas City or St. Louis- went to a cheifs game - arrowhead is pretty incredible
Denver or Salt Lake City- great american beer fest - all that needs to be said
Seattle or Portland or Vancouver- Pinot Noir wine tour , awesome brewery
Los Angeles or San Francisco - Mission district and chinatown have incredible food - redwoods right over the bridge.
Chicago or Detroit- moved here last year...even if it has been the winter from hell- incredible food, people and browns bars
Calgary or Edmonton- no clue, go...oilers?
Montreal or Toronto- I respect blue jays fans and matt sundin- cool city too
Columbus or Cincinnati or Indianapolis- OH!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login