Skip to content

How many new starter in 2014

The Browns Board
14 8 420
  • I am anticipating at least 3 new starters on Defense, obviously now ILB, #2 CB Skrine is not a #2 and a new safety.

    Offense, There will be a whole new look I believe, 5 new starters (not even going to touch the QB position) new RB, G, #2 WR, FB and C.

    Big turnover this year.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @lbc-mike said:

    I am anticipating at least 3 new starters on Defense, obviously now ILB, #2 CB Skrine is not a #2 and a new safety.

    Offense, There will be a whole new look I believe, 5 new starters (not even going to touch the QB position) new RB, G, #2 WR, FB and C.

    Big turnover this year.

    Are they going to bother carrying a fullback this year?

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I think we'll have 3 new starters on D, replacing Rubin, Jackson, and Gipson

    Also, 3 new starters on O, replacing Lauvao, McGahee, and Little

    That is assumming we keep Mack and Ward

    Why would we replace Gibson?

  • Anybody else think we should take a shot at Kenny Britt?? I think a change of scenery might help the kid out, not to mention having Josh Gordon on the opposite side... Maybe offer him a low salary with incentives... just an opinion

    I think we'll have 3 new starters on D, replacing Rubin, Jackson, and Gipson

    Also, 3 new starters on O, replacing Lauvao, McGahee, and Little

    That is assumming we keep Mack and Ward

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @thenew23 said:

    Anybody else think we should take a shot at Kenny Britt?? I think a change of scenery might help the kid out, not to mention having Josh Gordon on the opposite side... Maybe offer him a low salary with incentives... just an opinion

    I think we'll have 3 new starters on D, replacing Rubin, Jackson, and Gipson

    Not Gipson. He will continue to start. Robertson would be your 3rd.

    Also, 3 new starters on O, replacing Lauvao, McGahee, and Little

    You forgot the QB?

    That is assumming we keep Mack and Ward

    Which we do need to do.

  • I think we'll have 3 new starters on D, replacing Rubin, Jackson, and Gipson

    Also, 3 new starters on O, replacing Lauvao, McGahee, and Little

    That is assumming we keep Mack and Ward

    Why would we replace Gibson?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Why would we replace Gibson?

    Spell it right. Gipson

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #8

    My bad Gibber 😛

  • I think we'll have 3 new starters on D, replacing Rubin, Jackson, and Gipson

    Also, 3 new starters on O, replacing Lauvao, McGahee, and Little

    That is assumming we keep Mack and Ward

    Why would we replace Gibson?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Why would we replace Gibson?

    although haden gave him props when he was on the nfl network watching the combine, he really isn't that good. i could see us drafting a hybrid safety to play CB. gilbert and hah ha could play both positions.

  • @lbc-mike said:

    I am anticipating at least 3 new starters on Defense, obviously now ILB, #2 CB Skrine is not a #2 and a new safety.

    Offense, There will be a whole new look I believe, 5 new starters (not even going to touch the QB position) new RB, G, #2 WR, FB and C.

    Big turnover this year.

    Are they going to bother carrying a fullback this year?

    LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    Are they going to bother carrying a fullback this year?

    I think so if we keep the smaller backs.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #11

    close to 100 tackles and 5 ints in 2nd year starting as a UDFA? He's in the top 3rd of safety's in this league right now and is only gonna get better. You can't replace his value.

  • CLEinCHIC CLEinCHI wrote on last edited by CLEinCHI
    #12

    Offense

    LT- Thomas

    LG- Greco or New Starter* (if mack leaves, they move Greco to Center and play Pinkston here)

    C- Mack or New Starter *

    RG- New Starter*

    RT- Schwartz

    WR- Gordon

    WR2- New Starter*

    TE- Cameron

    QB- Hoyer or New Starter*

    RB- New Starter*

    FB- New Starter* or Oby

    Defense

    RE- Rubin or New Starter*

    NT- Taylor

    LE- Bryant

    ROLB- Krugar

    ILB-New Starter* or Robertson

    ILB- New Starter*

    LOLB- Sheard

    CB1- HAden

    CB2- New Starter* or Skrine

    FS- Gipson

    SS- Ward or New Starter*

    Specialists

    K - New Starter* or Cundiff

    P- Lanning or New Starter*

    LS- Yount

    So it could be anywhere from 4 - 14 new starters (excluding injuries)

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    The answer on Britt is no!! He is a turd of a human being and the last guy on the planet you want Gordon hanging out with. Nicks could be good with a highly incentifized contract.

  • My bad Gibber 😛

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    My bad Gibber 😛