Skip to content

Would you do this trade?

The Browns Board
21 16 1.0k
  • I respectfully disagree, Gunner. Um, no- 18 is too far to move down IMHO. It costs you your first, second and next years first- (minimum) even then, I doubt the Browns would make that trade. Moving up 14 slots isn't that cheap, even with the rookie wage scale. We're looking for a super stud guy with our first pick, unless we really want to wait for next year- again.

    #18 nets us Carr (maybe) and a second tier WR. #4 & #26 nets us one of the top 3 qbs, Clowney or Watkins- and a stud OG, the WR the Jets don't take, or one of the premier RBs.

    @hoorta said:

    I respectfully disagree, Gunner. Um, no- 18 is too far to move down IMHO. It costs you your first, second and next years first- (minimum) even then, I doubt the Browns would make that trade. Moving up 14 slots isn't that cheap, even with the rookie wage scale. We're looking for a super stud guy with our first pick, unless we really want to wait for next year- again.

    #18 nets us Carr (maybe) and a second tier WR. #4 & #26 nets us one of the top 3 qbs, Clowney or Watkins- and a stud OG, the WR the Jets don't take, or one of the premier RBs.

    Wrong. If you dont think that at least one or two top tier talents will fall to 18 then I don't know where your heads at. It happens every year. It's just a matter of timing and good scouting (actually knowing that the guy that's fallen has a good shot at being top tier).

  • @hoorta said:

    I respectfully disagree, Gunner. Um, no- 18 is too far to move down IMHO. It costs you your first, second and next years first- (minimum) even then, I doubt the Browns would make that trade. Moving up 14 slots isn't that cheap, even with the rookie wage scale. We're looking for a super stud guy with our first pick, unless we really want to wait for next year- again.

    #18 nets us Carr (maybe) and a second tier WR. #4 & #26 nets us one of the top 3 qbs, Clowney or Watkins- and a stud OG, the WR the Jets don't take, or one of the premier RBs.

    Wrong. If you dont think that at least one or two top tier talents will fall to 18 then I don't know where your heads at. It happens every year. It's just a matter of timing and good scouting (actually knowing that the guy that's fallen has a good shot at being top tier).

    GuNNerGatSKy said:

    Wrong. If you dont think that at least one or two top tier talents will fall to 18 then I don't know where your heads at. It happens every year. It's just a matter of timing and good scouting (actually knowing that the guy that's fallen has a good shot at being top tier).

    Sure, that happens every year- but that takes skill as well as some luck. Taking a stud player @ #4 in this draft will take neither skill, nor luck. Or why would the Jets want Watkins that bad? We missed on AJ Green by one pick- who Watkins is compared to talent wise.

  • It's a very deep draft in wr's. The Jets don't have Mike Scumbardi

    in their fo.

    Nonsense. The Browns might trade with the Vikes, but they

    need an elite difference maker with at least two of their first three picks.

    Moving down just a bit lower is isn't all that risky, depending...

    but down to 17 is just not a good gamble.

  • i would jump all over this because of the pick in 2015. jets are going to do shit this coming season.

    moving down to 18 doesn't mean we have to stay there we have plenty of picks to move up and grab someone like evans for the offense or gilbert or dixon for our D backfield. and then we can grab mosely @26.

  • Yes I do this, if the jets trade all that to move up to #4 for Watkins they're dumb. Too many capable WRs here, even though Watkins very well may be the best.

  • Depends on the mindset of our new coach and front office. The last couple guys weren't here that long... they may feel they need to start winning and improving now.

    If we had am established coach that we knew would be sticking around this is probably a good trade. Sets us up to get a top QB next year in case Hoyer isn't good. Also the draft this year is super deep at WR. You could still get a stud at 18.

    I say don't take the trade though.

  • Would you want Julio Jones or Greg Little, Phil Taylor, Brandon Weeden, and Owen Marecic? Take the stud.

  • or blackmon?

  • I WOULDNT DO IT! Tired of playing for the next year ITS TIME TO WIN NOW!!! im not against tradeing down but 18 is to far

  • OK!! WE GET YOUR POINT!!

  • No, we have a top 5 pick a chance to get a game changer, even if you pass on the QB you take Watkins there for yourself. There is no guarantee the Jets will suck enough next year to pay off. Take the QB or Watkined or Clowney or whoever, I would need a much better deal than that to dtop 14 spot.

  • Watkins is next Jerry Rice. Don't sleep or let him go anywhere

  • First off fuck no!!!! I am so fucking sick of browns fans, owners, front office saying next year. Next year it's all we hear and why we are a laughing stock. Pettine said it best we're not just going to fill positions were going to get the best at positions. This is what they have to do. So the first pick we use should be for Sammy Watkins, not a qb.

  • I am a fan of moving down in this draft. I however wouldnt want to move down beyond 10 at the lastest and I would have to involve the teams 1st round pick and their 2nd round pick.