Franchise Tag
-
Browns are placing the transition tag on center Alex Mack, which will give Cleveland chance to match any offer sheet he would sign.
-
-
More fallout from #Browns C Alex Mack getting the transition tag? TJ Ward hits the market, as expected. And Jairus Byrd enters CLE’s view
-
I have never heard of the Transition Tag before. I looked it up... weird.
-
The #Browns decision means TJ Ward will become a free agent unless sides agree to a deal before March 11.
BREAKING: GM Doug Whaley has announced that the #Bills will not use the franchise tag in 2014 http://ow.ly/uccTk
-
Didn't expect them to use it on Mack, hopefully we can work it out with Ward tho.
-
3:55 and no official announcement made yet, is there?
-
3:55 and no official announcement made yet, is there?
3:55 and no official announcement made yet, is there?
BREAKING: The Browns have designated C Alex Mack as their transition player.
-
This is a great move by Farmer. Potentially saves us 1m. I'm doubtful anyone else will offer more, but even if they do, we can match it.
-
I'm troubled by this move mostly in that it makes me question whether they'll be able to extend Haden's contract now that Ward is likely gone.
I agree. I don't like the thought of losing Ward even if by some chance we got Byrd. How much of an upgrade would be over Ward when you consider what you are risking?I'm troubled by this move mostly in that it makes me question whether they'll be able to extend Haden's contract now that Ward is likely gone.
-
I agree. I don't like the thought of losing Ward even if by some chance we got Byrd. How much of an upgrade would be over Ward when you consider what you are risking?I'm troubled by this move mostly in that it makes me question whether they'll be able to extend Haden's contract now that Ward is likely gone.
I agree. I don't like the thought of losing Ward even if by some chance we got Byrd. How much of an upgrade would be over Ward when you consider what you are risking?
Ward is basically a small LB. He rarely made any plays in pass coverage, but is very good against the run.
These are tough decisions, but I'm guessing they felt a loss of Alex mack would be harder to replace than TJ.
-
I agree. I don't like the thought of losing Ward even if by some chance we got Byrd. How much of an upgrade would be over Ward when you consider what you are risking?I'm troubled by this move mostly in that it makes me question whether they'll be able to extend Haden's contract now that Ward is likely gone.
I agree. I don't like the thought of losing Ward even if by some chance we got Byrd. How much of an upgrade would be over Ward when you consider what you are risking?
I think Byrd's a slight upgrade. Would like to keep Ward though. One of our own young guys.
-
You might remember that it was yours truly that suggested keeping Mack, who now has the transition tag, if we were forced to pick one or the other. I think hey Pro Bowl center will be more of a stabilizing force on that offensive line trying to keep a new system together and protect either Brian Hoyer who has limited experience or a rookie who has none.
WSS
-
No reason we can't resign Ward- my guess would be the FO told TJ- find out what you're worth- and if we think it's not out of line, we will resign you- and probably for a little more.
Yea not tagging him doesn't automatically mean he's gone. We'll probably offer pretty much what anyone else would. So if he wants to stay it'd be his choice.No reason we can't resign Ward- my guess would be the FO told TJ- find out what you're worth- and if we think it's not out of line, we will resign you- and probably for a little more.
Now if we get Byrd and ward I'll be happy. But that's just getting greedy I think. Byrd seems to be looking for a ridiculous payday too.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login




