Franchise Tag
-
You might remember that it was yours truly that suggested keeping Mack, who now has the transition tag, if we were forced to pick one or the other. I think hey Pro Bowl center will be more of a stabilizing force on that offensive line trying to keep a new system together and protect either Brian Hoyer who has limited experience or a rookie who has none.
WSS
-
No reason we can't resign Ward- my guess would be the FO told TJ- find out what you're worth- and if we think it's not out of line, we will resign you- and probably for a little more.
Yea not tagging him doesn't automatically mean he's gone. We'll probably offer pretty much what anyone else would. So if he wants to stay it'd be his choice.No reason we can't resign Ward- my guess would be the FO told TJ- find out what you're worth- and if we think it's not out of line, we will resign you- and probably for a little more.
Now if we get Byrd and ward I'll be happy. But that's just getting greedy I think. Byrd seems to be looking for a ridiculous payday too.
-
You might remember that it was yours truly that suggested keeping Mack, who now has the transition tag, if we were forced to pick one or the other. I think hey Pro Bowl center will be more of a stabilizing force on that offensive line trying to keep a new system together and protect either Brian Hoyer who has limited experience or a rookie who has none.
WSS
You might remember that it was yours truly that suggested keeping Mack, who now has the transition tag, if we were forced to pick one or the other. I think hey Pro Bowl center will be more of a stabilizing force on that offensive line trying to keep a new system together and protect either Brian Hoyer who has limited experience or a rookie who has none.
WSS
agree.
No reason we can't resign Ward- my guess would be the FO told TJ- find out what you're worth- and if we think it's not out of line, we will resign you- and probably for a little more.
exactly. i don't get the fact that everyone is doom and gloom that certain players are going to be cut or let go.
-
I agree. I don't like the thought of losing Ward even if by some chance we got Byrd. How much of an upgrade would be over Ward when you consider what you are risking?
I think Byrd's a slight upgrade. Would like to keep Ward though. One of our own young guys.
-
Hoping they re-sign Ward... Byrd would help but what are the chances we sign him? I wouldn't bet on it...
Gipson could probably move to SS but we are on the cusp of having a really legit team yet we keep letting guys walk.
-
Wards 10 tackles for loss last year were twice as many as anyone else on the team Taylor with 5.
-
T.J. Ward. Twenty Seven year old Probowl S.S.
Really, Ray Farmer. What the fuck Pettine? Really...fucking really? What the fuck yo. What the fuck?
T.J. Ward.
We cut DQ? We let T.J. Ward walk? Pettine, this defensive mastermind turned Head Coach is not suave enough to at least keep players like him around. There would be plenty of opportunities to unload a productive player for something! For any damn thing. I'd even take a third rounder for T.J.- at least it's something.
Don't act like a fucking jackass and say, PoG, he's not able to be traded for a third rounder, he's a FA... Duh, no shit. I know that and so should you but I shouldn't have to spell it out for you. You sign Ward and then look for trade partners or as a package deal in the draft for assets.
What the fuck. You mean to tell me you couldn't put DQ and TJ Ward in a draft day deal and not come away with something pretty amazing? Why is there no forward thinking in Brownstown?
What the FUCK are they picking around with Macks contract to save a COOL FUCKING 1 MIL? WE ARE 50 MILLION UNDER THE CAP!
You want to clear the books? Release, lets see... How about the 5 shitty runningbacks on the roster. How about the two has-beens at QB. How every skill player on the roster not named Gordon or Cameron.
I was hoping that Farmer and Pettine that would do things differently when they came aboard. But, it seems that Uncle Ray Farmer has turned Cleveland into a Petting Zoo. Oh, what's that smell? Oh, I think Haslam stepped in something. It's a big bunching bunch of bullshit.
...It's not that I hate Regime Changes so much as I hate that they come in and Cull the team of it's talent and then by the time the debacled owner steps up and makes a change it's too fucking late and we're starting over again. Get the fucking ego out and win us some fucking games damn it. Quite pussy-footing with the roster and acting like some high exalted fucking fortune telling seeker. Keep the fucking talent we have here, it's not brain science. We have the money. We never spend it because we always are waiting/keeping it to resign our own talent when the time comes. Bam, the time comes- they walk. BAM! Cleveland- Here's your sign! What the fuck. What the FUCK!
-
they cut DQ. that's it. all that jibber jab for exactly zero sense.
they'll offer ward a contract like they offered DQ a contract. some people don't want to stay in cleveland. i mean really, at this point why would anyone? tj ward is from the west coast and could be wanting to go closer to home. if one of your HEROES is such a BROWN then wouldn't they settle for what monies they could get here and stay in cleveland?
no? yeah money grabbers. that's what they all are.
kaepernick wants a new contract now after they just signed boldin to a 2 year deal. harbaugh is hanging by a thread of his nutsack and now kaep's demands. wanna see a team fall apart, keep an eye on the 49ers.
-
Damn i can't believe it !
We have 50 MILLION and we can't keep our pro bowlers... Fuck you didn't draft him ? SO WHAT ? Does that mean you don't trust him ?
He ain't no scrub. But because they didn't draft him they want to move on... This is a joke.
And they expect to win games ?...
-
for real.
nobody knows what is going on behind the doors in berea.
take a fucking valium and have a shot or 2 of something strong. the zombie apocalypse is still years away.
-
I'd rather have Byrd than Ward. FS is a much more important position, and Byrd is about the best at it. If their contracts would be similar, I'd always take the FS. We can find another hard-hitter to play SS - it's not as demanding of a position... Major Wright, Nate Allen in FA. D.Buchannon, j.Ward, A.Dixon, C.Loston in the draft. Even J.Slaughter or J.Aubrey on our roster...
But, like somebody else said... we still COULD sign Ward, but I think i'll be too high a price for a SS who makes a lot of mistakes in coverage...
-
I'd rather have Byrd than Ward. FS is a much more important position, and Byrd is about the best at it. If their contracts would be similar, I'd always take the FS. We can find another hard-hitter to play SS - it's not as demanding of a position... Major Wright, Nate Allen in FA. D.Buchannon, j.Ward, A.Dixon, C.Loston in the draft. Even J.Slaughter or J.Aubrey on our roster...
But, like somebody else said... we still COULD sign Ward, but I think i'll be too high a price for a SS who makes a lot of mistakes in coverage...
I'd rather have Byrd than Ward. FS is a much more important position, and Byrd is about the best at it. If their contracts would be similar, I'd always take the FS. We can find another hard-hitter to play SS - it's not as demanding of a position... Major Wright, Nate Allen in FA. D.Buchannon, j.Ward, A.Dixon, C.Loston in the draft. Even J.Slaughter or J.Aubrey on our roster...
But, like somebody else said... we still COULD sign Ward, but I think i'll be too high a price for a SS who makes a lot of mistakes in coverage...
According to interviews I heard with Pettine, I think the most likely case if Ward walks and we sign Byrd is that Gipson is moved to Strong Safety. Pettine stated he considered them to be similar players and that he doesn't draw a distinction between strong and free safeties in his system.
-
I'd rather have Byrd than Ward. FS is a much more important position, and Byrd is about the best at it. If their contracts would be similar, I'd always take the FS. We can find another hard-hitter to play SS - it's not as demanding of a position... Major Wright, Nate Allen in FA. D.Buchannon, j.Ward, A.Dixon, C.Loston in the draft. Even J.Slaughter or J.Aubrey on our roster...
But, like somebody else said... we still COULD sign Ward, but I think i'll be too high a price for a SS who makes a lot of mistakes in coverage...
According to interviews I heard with Pettine, I think the most likely case if Ward walks and we sign Byrd is that Gipson is moved to Strong Safety. Pettine stated he considered them to be similar players and that he doesn't draw a distinction between strong and free safeties in his system.
Exactly. He doesnt want a 5th LB in the secondary. If the front 7 are doing their job, we dont need a SS like Ward.According to interviews I heard with Pettine, I think the most likely case if Ward walks and we sign Byrd is that Gipson is moved to Strong Safety. Pettine stated he considered them to be similar players and that he doesn't draw a distinction between strong and free safeties in his system.
-
I'd rather have Byrd than Ward. FS is a much more important position, and Byrd is about the best at it. If their contracts would be similar, I'd always take the FS. We can find another hard-hitter to play SS - it's not as demanding of a position... Major Wright, Nate Allen in FA. D.Buchannon, j.Ward, A.Dixon, C.Loston in the draft. Even J.Slaughter or J.Aubrey on our roster...
But, like somebody else said... we still COULD sign Ward, but I think i'll be too high a price for a SS who makes a lot of mistakes in coverage...
According to interviews I heard with Pettine, I think the most likely case if Ward walks and we sign Byrd is that Gipson is moved to Strong Safety. Pettine stated he considered them to be similar players and that he doesn't draw a distinction between strong and free safeties in his system.
According to interviews I heard with Pettine, I think the most likely case if Ward walks and we sign Byrd is that Gipson is moved to Strong Safety. Pettine stated he considered them to be similar players and that he doesn't draw a distinction between strong and free safeties in his system.
Oh. Haven't been following them as much as usual. If he wants safeties who can cover, then there's no need to pay for Ward... I'm fine with letting him go, but we certainly need to spend some $ to find a good replacement or else our secondary is in even more trouble.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Im confused. Byrd and Ward play different positions, and Byrd is one of the best in the game. More than a "slight upgrade" anyways.
Yeah I meant as a unit. On the field Byrd at FS with a decent SS would make us better than Ward at SS with a decent FS.
-
I know Byrd is a FS and TJ is a SS, but what I've heard about Pettine's defense is that he really doesn't use a SS. Both of his safeties play deep and cover one half of the field. Neither really play in the box. TJ is great in the box and run game, but lacks in coverage a bit.
Don't get me wrong because I love TJ and losing him will make me sad, but if that's how his defense is truly set up, then I get it. If you can nab Byrd, then I think it's a real positive. But Byrd just turned down a contract that would have made him the highest paid safety in the game. What would make Cleveland more appealing that Buffalo?
-
I know Byrd is a FS and TJ is a SS, but what I've heard about Pettine's defense is that he really doesn't use a SS. Both of his safeties play deep and cover one half of the field. Neither really play in the box. TJ is great in the box and run game, but lacks in coverage a bit.
Don't get me wrong because I love TJ and losing him will make me sad, but if that's how his defense is truly set up, then I get it. If you can nab Byrd, then I think it's a real positive. But Byrd just turned down a contract that would have made him the highest paid safety in the game. What would make Cleveland more appealing that Buffalo?
Not being a smartass, but a couple more million would make it plenty appealingI know Byrd is a FS and TJ is a SS, but what I've heard about Pettine's defense is that he really doesn't use a SS. Both of his safeties play deep and cover one half of the field. Neither really play in the box. TJ is great in the box and run game, but lacks in coverage a bit.
Don't get me wrong because I love TJ and losing him will make me sad, but if that's how his defense is truly set up, then I get it. If you can nab Byrd, then I think it's a real positive. But Byrd just turned down a contract that would have made him the highest paid safety in the game. What would make Cleveland more appealing that Buffalo?
-
I know Byrd is a FS and TJ is a SS, but what I've heard about Pettine's defense is that he really doesn't use a SS. Both of his safeties play deep and cover one half of the field. Neither really play in the box. TJ is great in the box and run game, but lacks in coverage a bit.
Don't get me wrong because I love TJ and losing him will make me sad, but if that's how his defense is truly set up, then I get it. If you can nab Byrd, then I think it's a real positive. But Byrd just turned down a contract that would have made him the highest paid safety in the game. What would make Cleveland more appealing that Buffalo?
I know Byrd is a FS and TJ is a SS, but what I've heard about Pettine's defense is that he really doesn't use a SS. Both of his safeties play deep and cover one half of the field. Neither really play in the box. TJ is great in the box and run game, but lacks in coverage a bit.
Don't get me wrong because I love TJ and losing him will make me sad, but if that's how his defense is truly set up, then I get it. If you can nab Byrd, then I think it's a real positive. But Byrd just turned down a contract that would have made him the highest paid safety in the game. What would make Cleveland more appealing that Buffalo?
Probably more cushion in being the highest paid safety.
Hopefully he just really really likes pettine, but I doubt it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login