Skip to content

New "cutting edge" uniforms to be unveilled in 2015

The Browns Board
31 17 1.8k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #4

    nike is going for the bling effect which i particularly find over-the-top for a hard nosed football league. nike wants every team to have 10 different elements to their unis like the oregon ducks. might work for some teams but not for the browns.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #5

    The vikings redesign is ok I guess. That's the highest praise I can muster for them

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #6

    May be in the minority here, but I would love an orange and silver color scheme. Always thought those colors looked great together.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @mike-h said:

    I'm definitely in the minority, but I give zero fucks about uniforms.

    Win games and look like douches ... Dont care as long as they don't suck anymore

    Obviously fans would rather see the team win than wear new uniforms.

    I'm asking, why does it have to be mutually exclusive? Why can't we both win games and wear new uniforms?

    It's not like people are saying "these uni's will help us win".

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #8

    yes orange and silver do look great together. too bad silver has no part in the original browns color scheme. brown, orange and white. that's it. do whatever you want to do with those colors. high gleam on the helmet with a gradient......fine. new jerseys with different stroke colors around the numbers depending on home/away unis..........fine, no probs. orange pants, brown pants, white pants.....love 'em all.

    adding different colors and having halftone dots on the jersey fading from one color to another....no. too much.

    the browns are original. old school.

    would you want penn state to have lion paws on their shoulders? with the blue to white gradients? come on. there's some things you just don't touch. maybe we should weld the cracks of the liberty bell together so it's more appealing to the eye.

    GTFO.

  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I'd rank them Vikings, Dolphins, Seahawks, Buccaneers, then Jaguars. I think the Vikings is nice because it's not over the top. Its kind of a nice plain look with a unique font. The Dolphins updated their teal color and it looks fantastic. Seahawks are hit or miss. Love the all blue, but other combinations are lacking. Buccaneers are rough. I do dig the orange being more prominent now. Jaguars. Terrible. The helmet alone will make blind people cry.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Well, we don't even have a primary logo, plus there isn't much to our uniform, so I am guessing Nike can't really mess it up. If they wanted to add a silver accent in there or something that would be alright.

  • SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #11

    if we're reaching into our past the only thing to draw upon is that stupid troll. So get ready for a fruity troll/elf looking thing on our unis

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Every mock up i've seen thus far looks gaudy...no thanks...just put a winner on the field.

  • May be in the minority here, but I would love an orange and silver color scheme. Always thought those colors looked great together.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    May be in the minority here, but I would love an orange and silver color scheme. Always thought those colors looked great together.

    That there is liberal faggotry. Murica.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Orange & Silver? LOL, I don't think so.

    Cleveland Browns.

    Zombo

  • tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I'm lukewarm on the new uniforms out there so far. Matte finish on the Vikings helmets I like. Seahawks unis I'm back and forth. Buccaneers latest is strange. Really large jolly rogers on the helmets, maybe too large, and the numbers look like old school calculator or digital alarm clock displays. Teams like Dolphins with teal as a primary color...there's no help for them. I like our orange and brown, and seeing any teams with teal makes me thankful for what we have.

  • D DawgsRule90 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    by "cutting edge" they probably mean we are gonna want to grab the edge of a table and start cutting our wrists...

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Have they announced whether or not we'll update the logo also?

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #18

    How would you guys feel about matte finish on the helmets? I believe we'll see this

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #19

    62911-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustrati

    Just think what may happen if the Jacksonville Jaguars are converted to the Los Angeles Leopards.

    Like the Bengals with their Tiger striped helmet, we will get leopard print helmets.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Cheerleader uniforms could be OK though:

    8ujta1-i.jpg

  • Have they announced whether or not we'll update the logo also?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #21

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Have they announced whether or not we'll update the logo also?

    Geez I hope not.

    WSS

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #22

    I think the whole uni deal is stupid...lets put a winner on the field,then no one will give 2 shits if we wear loin cloths for god sake.

  • How would you guys feel about matte finish on the helmets? I believe we'll see this

    tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    How would you guys feel about matte finish on the helmets? I believe we'll see this

    I'd have to see a preview of it first, but I like the Vikings use of it so I'd probably like it. If they insist on a change that is.