Best 10 Gangster Movies
-
The Town:
The shootout at Fenway was badass. One of my favorites along with the bank job shootout in Heat
while im at it:
The shoot out at the motor court in Bonnie and Clyde
Travis rescuing the child prostitute in Taxi Driver
Inglorious Basterd's tavern shootout is aces.
runner up include shootouts from LA Confidential and Unforgiven
-
I love just about every gangster movie. I don't know that I would call Copland or American History X a gangster movie but I recently watched Copland again on PPV. Very good. And good call on the Warriors, the original, that was an outstanding film.
Anybody remember the Pope of Greenwich Village?
Mean Streets? Angels with dirty faces? Little Caesar?
WSS
Anybody remember the Pope of Greenwich Village?
"dey took my thumbs micky...they took my fucking thumbs!!"
TOne of my favorites along with the bank job shootout in Heat
Travis rescuing the child prostitute in Taxi Driver
runner up include shootouts from LA Confidential and Unforgiven
some of the best movie endings ever.
-
-
The Godfather Trilogy
Goodfellas
Casino
Bronx Tales.
The French Connection.
thats My top 5 anyway.
The Godfather Trilogy
Goodfellas
Casino
Bronx Tales.
The French Connection.
thats My top 5 anyway.
The French Connection choice brings up a question: Is that a "Mob" movie? Or a "Cop" movie/mystery. I think there is a difference.
If one were to say name the best Detective/Cop movies you would likely come up with a completely different list from the "Mob movie" category.
You would likely get the likes of:
Dirty Harry and sequels
Maltese Falcon
LA Confidential
Die Hard
Heat
Seven
Serpico etc. stuff like that where the cops are the primary characters, not the criminals.
In Mob movies, the criminals are the lead. Godfather/Goodfellas etc.
I think the French Connection is a cop movie, not a mob movie.
-
If you mention seven which is not about the mafia, you'd have to mention silence of the lambs which is better in every way
-
yeah I wouldn't consider the French Connection a mob movie either.
WSS
-
If you mention seven which is not about the mafia, you'd have to mention silence of the lambs which is better in every way
If you mention seven which is not about the mafia, you'd have to mention silence of the lambs which is better in every way
OK, I was just giving examples...not trying to do a comprehensive list.
Though...another issue has come up: Is something like Die Hard a "Cop movie" or an Action/Adventure movie.
This just shows how sometimes you cannot pigeonhole movies into any one particular genre.
-
I would classify die hard as an action movie.
WSS
-
"have you ever picked you feet in Poughkeepsie?" said Popeye Doyle
-
In no particular order.
Casino
The Godfather
The Departed
Menace 2 Society
Boyz n the Hood
Pulp Fiction
Training Day
Scarface
Heat
Goodfellas
-
The Iceman featuring Michael Shannon just cracked my top five. Badass flick
-
If you mention seven which is not about the mafia, you'd have to mention silence of the lambs which is better in every way
If you mention seven which is not about the mafia, you'd have to mention silence of the lambs which is better in every way
I would hardly call silence of the lambs a 'gangsta' movie.
-
I would classify die hard as an action movie.
WSS
I would classify die hard as an action movie.
WSS
Thanks.
-
Is the "Usual Suspects" a gangster movie?
It is about a gang of criminals. And a GREAT movie
-
Is the "Usual Suspects" a gangster movie?
It is about a gang of criminals. And a GREAT movie
Is the "Usual Suspects" a gangster movie?
It is about a gang of criminals. And a GREAT movie
I think it can be considered a gangster movie, yes. The gangster characters were the primary focus of that movie. The cops were just there for dressing.
-
The Iceman featuring Michael Shannon just cracked my top five. Badass flick
you should read the book 'the iceman cometh'. that dude was caraaaazy! (the undercover FBI agent was more crazy though. how do those guys do it?) wasn't scared of shit. there are also documentary films out there where he was interviewed on camera in jail.
doesn't quite get into the depravity and gruesomeness as the book does.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login