Sproles and Pierre Thomas being shopped
-
c'mon man.
are we really going to post a new thread every time some guy gets released or is going to FA?
plenty of great RBs in this draft to even bring this crap up.
-
For the right price what do you think? They are both pretty solid at what they do. Salaries for 2014 are each < $3MM each. Pretty solid one two punch. I have to admit I have a soft spot for Sproles as I have rode him to fantasy league championships in PPR formats many times lol.
For the right price what do you think? They are both pretty solid at what they do. Salaries for 2014 are each < $3MM each. Pretty solid one two punch. I have to admit I have a soft spot for Sproles as I have rode him to fantasy league championships in PPR formats many times lol.
Sproles turns 31 this summer and combined for 824 yds and 4 TDs in 2013. I don't see the front office making a move for him.
-
LOL I honestly cannot believe there would be no interest in Sproles as a third down specialist he is still among the best in the league. At around $2.5MM it would be just stupid to not explore it. That doesn't preclude drafting a bruiser.
Dig into those stats a little deeper, 71 receipts for 600 yds, averaging 8.4 per catch. Seems like a first down machine to me.
-
c'mon man.
are we really going to post a new thread every time some guy gets released or is going to FA?
plenty of great RBs in this draft to even bring this crap up.
c'mon man.
are we really going to post a new thread every time some guy gets released or is going to FA?
plenty of great RBs in this draft to even bring this crap up.
C'mon Mike really???? Two answers 1) YES 2) Sproles and Pierre are far from crap
You are not going to fill every hole through the draft just as we won't fill every one through FA's.
-
-
Sproles is someone you pick up to put you over the hump. Cleveland has bigger issues than 3rd down back. Trading away picks to rent a role player for two years is not planning for the future.
-
-
Sarcasm noted, but I really do want to see a healthy Dion Lewis in a Sproles type role, and I'd be somewhat interested in Thomas for the right price, but the guy I'd really like to see is Gerhart. We draft a rookie in the 3rd round, sign Gerhart to a reasonable deal, and get the ball to Lewis several times a game. I'd be happy with that, and it's reasonable.
-
If 31 was getting on in years for a team captain MLB.....than it's certainly way way way old for a RB. Scat back or not, those legs have to be getting old. We need to procure to a draft horse to compliment Lewis..not bring in another Lewis type. We also need a real FB, Laron McClain got released by the Chargers....what are we waiting for? is there anybody better at FB out there?
-
-
@mike-h said:
Beat me to it Mike.
-
LOL I honestly cannot believe there would be no interest in Sproles as a third down specialist he is still among the best in the league. At around $2.5MM it would be just stupid to not explore it. That doesn't preclude drafting a bruiser.
Dig into those stats a little deeper, 71 receipts for 600 yds, averaging 8.4 per catch. Seems like a first down machine to me.
LOL I honestly cannot believe there would be no interest in Sproles as a third down specialist he is still among the best in the league. At around $2.5MM it would be just stupid to not explore it. That doesn't preclude drafting a bruiser.
Dig into those stats a little deeper, 71 receipts for 600 yds, averaging 8.4 per catch. Seems like a first down machine to me.
2011 sproles combined for over 1300 yards and 9 tds, 2012 over 900 yards for 8 tds, 2013 over 800 yards for 4 tds. The guy is going to be 31 and is clearly trending down. Another fun note, Drew Brees doesn't play for the Browns.
-
if you want a scat back to catch screens for first downs, draft sammy watkins.
also agree with mike, there is NOTHIN proven about dion lewis except that he can get hurt.
watch us take a couple of RBs in the draft.
-
My girl is a Saints fan, so I saw 12 of the 16 games last year. Pierre Thomas is a legit #1. Tough running with quickness. I'd take either one.
-
I don't understand the infatuation with running backs. Sproles is trending down. Thomas is getting upward in years a little too.
Let's draft a guy or two. I like storm Johnson and fluellen.
Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. The reason we couldn't find one is because we couldn't get any push up front.
-
LOL I honestly cannot believe there would be no interest in Sproles as a third down specialist he is still among the best in the league. At around $2.5MM it would be just stupid to not explore it. That doesn't preclude drafting a bruiser.
Dig into those stats a little deeper, 71 receipts for 600 yds, averaging 8.4 per catch. Seems like a first down machine to me.
2011 sproles combined for over 1300 yards and 9 tds, 2012 over 900 yards for 8 tds, 2013 over 800 yards for 4 tds. The guy is going to be 31 and is clearly trending down. Another fun note, Drew Brees doesn't play for the Browns.
2011 sproles combined for over 1300 yards and 9 tds, 2012 over 900 yards for 8 tds, 2013 over 800 yards for 4 tds. The guy is going to be 31 and is clearly trending down. Another fun note, Drew Brees doesn't play for the Browns.
The stats are accurate but may not paint the whole picture. Higher playing time for other backs, shifts in offensive strategy etc also dictate a change in overall stats. I will give you his rushing yard per attempt were down to 4.2 from the 5 range. Still very respectable. Secondly a although he received fewer targets he is money on catching passes out of the backfield. He caught 71 of 89 targets and averaged 8.5 yards per. I am not suggesting he be our only option. Paring this guy with Hyde would be amazing. He is going to come at a very reasonable price and to not consider it would be foolish.
-
He can still contribute and I like the guy, but a similar player can be had in the middle to the end of the draft that is both cheaper and younger than Sproles. I wouldn't be upset if they brought him to Cleveland on the cheap, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot of production out of him.
-
Sproiles is my wife's and her best friend favorite player since he was in San Diego. Their nick name for him is "pocket rocket". Chicks
-
RBs (the majority) have a shelf life of three years. only the cream of the crop like ADP last a couple years after that.
like jimmt johnson said once so eloquently: "if you need to find a running back let's make the next left and he'll prob be standing on the corner."
too much YOUNG talent deep in this draft to pay some old(er) guys that will be one and done with the browns............uh, mcgahee anybody?
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login