Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
9 Posts 6 Posters 849 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 2k Posts
    • 139 Reputation
    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/09/titans-will-commence-efforts-to-trade-chris-johnson/

    any thoughts on this.

    personally would like to maybe see us get him if he isnt traded. Titans have had shit for a QB also, so his numbers have dipped.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • utzie U
      • 231 Posts
      • 7 Reputation
      U utzie wrote on last edited by
      #2

      No way would I want to trade for him, but he'd be worth a look if they do cut him. I think he will demand too much money and we could probably get someone in the draft for cheaper who will give comparable production at this stage in his career. He's definitely a huge upgrade over anything we currently have on the roster, though.

      cambridgehoC 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • U utzie

        No way would I want to trade for him, but he'd be worth a look if they do cut him. I think he will demand too much money and we could probably get someone in the draft for cheaper who will give comparable production at this stage in his career. He's definitely a huge upgrade over anything we currently have on the roster, though.

        cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 139 Reputation
        cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @utzie said:

        No way would I want to trade for him, but he'd be worth a look if they do cut him. I think he will demand too much money and we could probably get someone in the draft for cheaper who will give comparable production at this stage in his career. He's definitely a huge upgrade over anything we currently have on the roster, though.

        Agreed. I just keep visualizing him at rb and Gordon, Watkins and Cameron whooping ass.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 270 Reputation
          USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
          #4

          No way. Ultimate selfish guy right there. Always blaming someone else for his problems. Once he got that contract he stopped playing hard.

          cambridgehoC 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • USFBrownU USFBrown

            No way. Ultimate selfish guy right there. Always blaming someone else for his problems. Once he got that contract he stopped playing hard.

            cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 2k Posts
            • 139 Reputation
            cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @usfbrown said:

            No way. Ultimate selfish guy right there. Always blaming someone else for his problems. Once he got that contract he stopped playing hard.

            Ya I seen that article the other day on his accountability. As always I want to win though. What ever philosophy we have had in the past has not worked. So bringing in bad boys or self centered fucks may work for us. Who knows!

            USFBrownU 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • slimdawg slimdawgS
              • 541 Posts
              • 49 Reputation
              slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I'd pass on him. Darren Sproles anybody??

              !!!!hopefully i'll be alive when it happens!!!!
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • cambridgehoC cambridgeho

                @usfbrown said:

                No way. Ultimate selfish guy right there. Always blaming someone else for his problems. Once he got that contract he stopped playing hard.

                Ya I seen that article the other day on his accountability. As always I want to win though. What ever philosophy we have had in the past has not worked. So bringing in bad boys or self centered fucks may work for us. Who knows!

                USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 2k Posts
                • 270 Reputation
                USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @cambridgeho said:

                Ya I seen that article the other day on his accountability. As always I want to win though. What ever philosophy we have had in the past has not worked. So bringing in bad boys or self centered fucks may work for us. Who knows!

                Same here. I don't mind dick heads playing for our team, but they need to play at a high enough level to justify dealing with their shit. Johnson is way past that.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I would be more in favor of taking a couple of RBs in the draft. Hyde/James Wilder Jr. etc.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                    • 24k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Under no circumstances. This is one of the prime diva's of the NFL who knows his time is up but is trying to sucker one last team into a even a mediocre contract...cause he knows he can't command top dollar anymore. He's just trying to pad his bank account for retirement now. In his "prime"...he could make things happen on his own, i'll give him that. But now, behind our line? No way. I don't want our O line to have to adapt some finesse blocking schemes to accommodate his running style. I want them firing out and drive blocking and I want a draft horse FB/RB tandem coming in right behind em. Then we bring in the change of pace back we already have. I'm even unsure about Tate...but I'd much rather have him than Johnson. Tate has something to prove...so does Gerhardt. Those are the kinds of guys that I want coming to Cleveland. Not these has beens looking for one last sucker before they go down in camp clutching their knees and say that's it that's it. If I thought Johnson still had that drive to be the best RB in the game, to be better than Peterson...maybe. But he doesn't so no.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate