Skip to content

Ben Tate is a Cleveland Brown

The Browns Board
112 52 7.3k
  • @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Edleman would play the slot. Watkins would play on the outside at # 2. Would be a lot of weapons.

    Yup. Just have to hope Hoyer is the guy to get the ball to them.

    Draft a CB with that second pick in the first. Holes start to fill and the team starts to take some decent shape.

    John.R.Brown1968J John.R.Brown1968 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Yup. Just have to hope Hoyer is the guy to get the ball to them.

    Draft a CB with that second pick in the first. Holes start to fill and the team starts to take some decent shape.

    I would go guard with the 2nd pick. Love the idea of Yankey out of Stanford. Right now, the OLine looks like it might up be made up of Thomas, Schwartz, and 3 dudes out of the dawgpound. I like the idea of possibly giving Gilkey an opportunity, but if he's not athletic enough to run Shanahan's scheme, then he's a backup and we still basically need 2 people in the middle ... Either a center and a guard, or 2 guards. ( I'm not confident in Mack returning at this point ).

  • Getting Edelman means Watkins is out of the equation imo.

    John.R.Brown1968J John.R.Brown1968 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Getting Edelman means Watkins is out of the equation imo.

    Why? You think if they sign Edelman that they find their # 2 WR with the 2nd round pick?

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Is it legal for Mack to get a ridiculous offer from a team, and to have a pre-agreed upon restructure after the first year?

  • GoBrowns 0G GoBrowns 0 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Is Ben Tate in Cleveland, I m assuming not since Farmer hasn't announced his arrival? I know we have an interest in Edelman now that the Bengals will more than likely sign Hawkins, but have we approached him (Edelman)?

  • Is Ben Tate in Cleveland, I m assuming not since Farmer hasn't announced his arrival? I know we have an interest in Edelman now that the Bengals will more than likely sign Hawkins, but have we approached him (Edelman)?

    John.R.Brown1968J John.R.Brown1968 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @gobrowns-0 said:

    Is Ben Tate in Cleveland, I m assuming not since Farmer hasn't announced his arrival? I know we have an interest in Edelman now that the Bengals will more than likely sign Hawkins, but have we approached him (Edelman)?

    Everything I've read said the Browns have started making a hard push for Edelman. The problem is what if the Browns sign Edelman and then the Bungles don't match the Hawkins offer sheet? Now you have to highly paid slot receivers, not to mention, both of whom have had injury issues. Though, Hawkins could potentially do some additional things with punts, kicks, backfield, etc.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I guess for that reason we won't know until the 5-days are up or the Bengals have matched.

  • @gobrowns-0 said:

    Is Ben Tate in Cleveland, I m assuming not since Farmer hasn't announced his arrival? I know we have an interest in Edelman now that the Bengals will more than likely sign Hawkins, but have we approached him (Edelman)?

    Everything I've read said the Browns have started making a hard push for Edelman. The problem is what if the Browns sign Edelman and then the Bungles don't match the Hawkins offer sheet? Now you have to highly paid slot receivers, not to mention, both of whom have had injury issues. Though, Hawkins could potentially do some additional things with punts, kicks, backfield, etc.

    GoBrowns 0G GoBrowns 0 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Everything I've read said the Browns have started making a hard push for Edelman. The problem is what if the Browns sign Edelman and then the Bungles don't match the Hawkins offer sheet? Now you have to highly paid slot receivers, not to mention, both of whom have had injury issues. Though, Hawkins could potentially do some additional things with punts, kicks, backfield, etc.

    Thank you, sir! GO BROWNS!

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Getting Edelman means Watkins is out of the equation imo.

    Why? You think if they sign Edelman that they find their # 2 WR with the 2nd round pick?

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    Why? You think if they sign Edelman that they find their # 2 WR with the 2nd round pick?

    I think either way I'm waning against Watkins at number 4 solely because of the incredible depth of this WR class. Marquise Lee by many accounts was the best WR in college football for a time. He could easily be the 4th or 5th WR taken in this draft. Watkins is good and I wouldn't be fuming if we took him, but I'd much rather them take Mack/Clowney or the QB they like with that pick.

  • B bagman428 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Free agent Ben Tate is in Cleveland on Thursday for his Browns visit.



    The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Tate's visit, originally scheduled for Wednesday, was delayed by weather. There's still a chance Tate signs on his first visit. Tate is our top free agent running back still available, followed by Andre Brown, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones-Drew, James Starks, LeGarrette Blount, and Anthony Dixon. It's not a good year to be a free agent back.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #31

    he's in cleveland eating pike.

    guess that means he's going to sign?

  • B bagman428 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    LOL

  • Zombo said:

    If you don't understand the NFL it's probably best to keep your mouth shut.

    He backs up an All Pro. 771 yards ... 7 starts. 25 years old with 4.7 career ypc.

    When is the last time we had a starter average 4.3 - 4.7?

    You say 4.3 like its a bad thing.

    Z

    You're right I just don't understand the NFL. It's probably best to keep your mouth shut when you say things like, "Looks like the Bungles won't match the offer on Hawkins". Because, like you said, shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

    I don't really like Tate, just not a huge fan. That can change. That's all.

    G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @cbus-brownie said:

    You're right I just don't understand the NFL. It's probably best to keep your mouth shut when you say things like, "Looks like the Bungles won't match the offer on Hawkins". Because, like you said, shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

    I don't really like Tate, just not a huge fan. That can change. That's all.

    You really are a raging twelve year old dumbfuck on here aren't ya? Every thread that you post I you either make some stupid fucking comment that is uneducated and incorrect or your acting like a fucking raging twelve year old boy on Xbox who just got headshotted in call of duty. Piss off. It's people like you that make forums a displeasure to be a part of at times.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #34

    would hate to see them overpay too much for Tate, hopefully its not too much $$ since they are supposedly drafting rbs also.

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #35
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m
    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    For those asking about Ben Tate and the #Browns, he’s still there right now. Lengthy visit.

    For those asking about Ben Tate and the #Browns, he’s still there right now. Lengthy visit.


  • would hate to see them overpay too much for Tate, hopefully its not too much $$ since they are supposedly drafting rbs also.

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @typicalbrowns said:

    would hate to see them overpay too much for Tate, hopefully its not too much $$ since they are supposedly drafting rbs also.

    If we sign him it will be for "too much" money. That's what free agency is all about. It's not my money, and unless your name is Jimmy Haslam, it's not your money either. ..

    My biggest question is whether or not he performs, which I think he would do wonders considering our current RB situation.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Tate spotted in Strongsville with a Realtor.

    Zombo

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Nice, I'll have to visit sometime

  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by Hunt Daddy
    #39

    I'm really starting to think this thing isn't going to happen...

  • I'm really starting to think this thing isn't going to happen...

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I'm really starting to think this thing isn't going to happen...

    why, because we should have heard by now?
  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #41

    I'm not a gambler, but my money's on Tate wearing BROWN in 2014. I can't see him staying around this long unless they're trying hard to make it work.

    Mike