Skip to content

Ben Tate is a Cleveland Brown

The Browns Board
112 52 7.3k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #85

    still gotta pick up a young guy in the 4th.

  • still gotta pick up a young guy in the 4th.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @miktoxic said:

    still gotta pick up a young guy in the 4th.

    Ya, I'm not saying No to that, but ... I thought Edwin Baker looked real promising.

    And Lewis and Oby can play.

    Zombo

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #87

    obi needs to be the blocking back.

  • obi needs to be the blocking back.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @miktoxic said:

    obi needs to be the blocking back.

    That didn't work out so well.

    Time to get a real fullback.

    Zombo

  • He is all over twitter and Facebook ... I've never seen anybody so happy to be a Brown.

    And he's wearing my number ... 44

    Channeling Leroy Kelly and Ernest Byner.

    Zombo

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #89

    Zombo said:

    He is all over twitter and Facebook ... I've never seen anybody so happy to be a Brown.

    And he's wearing my number ... 44

    Channeling Leroy Kelly and Ernest Byner.

    Zombo

    Yeah, I saw a post about the Facebook thing and came here to post something for those that do FB (not me) :

    Got 2 things for yall Browns fans.....

    1. Gonna pick 44 of yall to give away autographs to

    2. Gonna pick 11 of yall to play (lose) vs me in my inaugural fantasy football league. And yea I realize the seasons still like 6 months away but I'm ready for it to start now

    Stay tuned for details on how I'm gonna pick the winners...

    Good for Fan relations 🙂

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #90

    He said in the interview he had other offers and some for more money but he wanted to come here so I dig him.

    Seems like farmer and pettine are a more appealing duo for these free agents than in times past.

    I like Tate a lot more than gerhart too.

  • RemarkerR Remarker wrote on last edited by
    #91

    Pettine and Farmer seem like a match made in football heaven. Pettine has good personal relations with a bunch of players and as a former player Farmer knows if Pettine is full of shit or not.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #92

    ogbos #'s decent but his fumbles and dropped passes may come back to haunt him as he faces a possible release

  • ehh not real high on him, what worries me are the injury concerns.

    I pesonally like knowshon more, he seems to run with that pissed off chip on his shoulder.

    DownSouthKCD DownSouthKC wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @erie-dawg said:

    ehh not real high on him, what worries me are the injury concerns.

    I pesonally like knowshon more, he seems to run with that pissed off chip on his shoulder.

    Knowshon is hurt like all the time

  • He said in the interview he had other offers and some for more money but he wanted to come here so I dig him.

    Seems like farmer and pettine are a more appealing duo for these free agents than in times past.

    I like Tate a lot more than gerhart too.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @bbedward said:

    He said in the interview he had other offers and some for more money but he wanted to come here so I dig him.

    Seems like farmer and pettine are a more appealing duo for these free agents than in times past.

    I like Tate a lot more than gerhart too.

    Bringing in people that want to be here. Heck did you see Whitner's tweets? He was hanging out Downtown and was willing to give out autographs to anyone that recognized him.

  • D DawgsRule90 wrote on last edited by
    #95

    Theres a different vibe this year in Free Agency. Last year it was really just Desmond Bryant and Paul Kruger who were the big additions.. and not much came of them. Hopefully this year with these additions we can enhance what our recent additions like Kruger can do out there. I certainly hope Dion Lewis can work well with Tate. All I think we really still need in FA is a CB. Maybe we can get a Champ Bailey on a 1 year cheap deal. Just someone to really lock up this Defense and give us a considerable shot at contention in the immediate future that doesnt lock us in for long term cost.

  • SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #96

    This guy is awesome, already embracing the city, saying things like "Can't wait to meet the #DawgPound." He's a great addition. His twitter is chock full of Browns pictures, paying homage to the past Cleveland greats, he loves being here.
    Biy6jJBIAAElNIs.jpg
    Biyeb_bCEAAx6HD.jpg
    BizkiklIYAALKkJ.jpg
    BiyxzhnCYAAiV_L.jpg
    Biyxd35CAAAfO1q.jpg
    BiyyUVKIgAAS1jK.jpg
    Biy2z8SIcAABfWR.jpg
    Biy6qreIgAANIXf.jpg
    BiysgD5IYAAElAO.jpg

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by RoyceRolls
    #97

    This thread is making me a Tate fan. This FO understands the importance of a good locker room situation. Surround our young talent with players that WANT to be Browns and good things will happen. The Seahawks were thick as thieves.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #98

    Thank you, Mr. Haslam. Thank you for realizing that Banner and Scumbardi were holding this

    team back from being successful.

    And Thank You for putting Mr. Farmer in the GM slot. A lot of us here on the Brownsboard

    were calling for it, and you saw it.

    The changes are already showing. FA's don't want to come to a bad situation, but they will if they have

    no other choice. Guys like the Browns are signing already, could have easily gone elsewhere. Signing

    and drafting guys who want to be with the Browns, who love the game, and have the work ethic and character

    to help make the fans proud of a winner, is the sign of a solid FO with the right people in place.

    Thank you, Mr. Farmer, for being the perfect GM that the Browns have needed for a long time.

    Thank you, Mr. Tate, for becoming our favorite rb in a long time, already. Can't wait to watch practices.

    Thank you, Browns players, for being ready to turn it into a genuine new era. That's kickass classy.

    We fans have been waiting a long, long time for the right people to step into the Browns org and make

    the upcoming season an exciting time.

    Rock and ROLL !

  • @erie-dawg said:

    ehh not real high on him, what worries me are the injury concerns.

    I pesonally like knowshon more, he seems to run with that pissed off chip on his shoulder.

    Knowshon is hurt like all the time

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @downsouthkc said:

    Knowshon is hurt like all the time

    Like the 1 time he tore his acl? Or just the normal injuries that most backs have throughout the season. Last season he started every game. Don't really matter at this point we have our guy.
  • This guy is awesome, already embracing the city, saying things like "Can't wait to meet the #DawgPound." He's a great addition. His twitter is chock full of Browns pictures, paying homage to the past Cleveland greats, he loves being here.
    Biy6jJBIAAElNIs.jpg
    Biyeb_bCEAAx6HD.jpg
    BizkiklIYAALKkJ.jpg
    BiyxzhnCYAAiV_L.jpg
    Biyxd35CAAAfO1q.jpg
    BiyyUVKIgAAS1jK.jpg
    Biy2z8SIcAABfWR.jpg
    Biy6qreIgAANIXf.jpg
    BiysgD5IYAAElAO.jpg

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by

    @soju said:

    This guy is awesome, already embracing the city, saying things like "Can't wait to meet the #DawgPound." He's a great addition. His twitter is chock full of Browns pictures, paying homage to the past Cleveland greats, he loves being here.

    Biy6jJBIAAElNIs.jpg

    Biyeb_bCEAAx6HD.jpg

    BizkiklIYAALKkJ.jpg

    BiyxzhnCYAAiV_L.jpg

    Biyxd35CAAAfO1q.jpg

    BiyyUVKIgAAS1jK.jpg

    Biy2z8SIcAABfWR.jpg

    Biy6qreIgAANIXf.jpg

    BiysgD5IYAAElAO.jpg

    Love the quote where Tate said he can't wait to come back and hang out with the fans, head for the east side buddy, hang out on the east side. There are plenty of nice homes in the Kirtland, Concord area.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    when are you doing your mock? after FA?

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    If we don't get a FB though it doesn't matter who we pick up in FA. We need a real fucking FB almost more than we needed a high priced FA. I do like the signing though, and Farmer was smart in how he structured the deal. I'm really like Boss Farmer more and more.

  • If we don't get a FB though it doesn't matter who we pick up in FA. We need a real fucking FB almost more than we needed a high priced FA. I do like the signing though, and Farmer was smart in how he structured the deal. I'm really like Boss Farmer more and more.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @clevfan4life said:

    If we don't get a FB though it doesn't matter who we pick up in FA. We need a real fucking FB almost more than we needed a high priced FA. I do like the signing though, and Farmer was smart in how he structured the deal. I'm really like Boss Farmer more and more.

    We really need better interior lineman and a fullback.

    I think finding a competent fullback that can block isn't that hard. We just haven't tried in the past. I still dig JC Copeland as a Tolbert type.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    At first I was really worried that we were going to overpay for someone that fit our system and our OC had experience with, but this seems pretty damn perfect and this deal also gives me confidence that our front office is taking their time and doing things right. I also love how connected Tate is to the fans already. He was responding to people on twitter and seems to embrace what this city has gone through. This guy is ready to prove that he's a full time back and I'm excited. I believe we'll also draft someone too, so we'll have a solid backfield.