Skip to content

In Your Opinion.....

The Browns Board
21 19 1.1k
  • In your opinion who has had the best single season for the Cleveland Browns since 1999? Lets omit the obvious Josh Gordon and Joe Thomas. But just any player draft pick, free agent, or club vet. Who did u enjoy watching for a season?

    My opinion would have to be Anthony Henry!!

    Drafted in 2001 and led the Nfl with 10 INTs. Pretty exciting for a 4th rounder.

    Just getting burnt out on drama filled off-season. Was really looking forward to a quiet off-season till draft time but that idea was mangled few hrs after last game of season.

  • Peyton Hillis for one season.

  • In all honesty, Tim Couch had some very good years, given the lack of talent around. If you look at his stats from the early 2000s, he put up some decent numbers. I think, and I might be wrong, but I think he has the Browns' single season completion percentage record. Tim gets a bad wrap, but he had shit around him.

    2007 - Edwards, Winslow, DA, Lewis, etc. Hard to pick just one guy.

    I'll go with Chris Gardocki. Pick any year. Lol

  • I have to go with Hillis in 2010

  • K2 and Braylon had me pumped for ONE year.

    K2 was the MAN on the field, but an idiot off the field. Hell of a reciever (shitty blocking tight end tho)

    Braylon had like 17 tds or some shit. Gordon can easily top that if we get stability from the qb position (whether its hoyer or a new guy)

  • I have to go with Hillis in 2010

    @thenew23 said:

    I have to go with Hillis in 2010

    He energized the whole fanbase, before losing his mind, and listening too much to his agent.

  • Hillis!

  • BEST player since 99 or best player that could have been somebody?

    if it's the latter then i say couch and his receiver kj. joe jurevivisious. on D antonio langham. jamir miller. corey fuller. jerry ball. all those guys i went out and bought rookie cards of. thought we had something.

    now there's JT and haden. no one else i can say is an brown in foundation since FA will let players 'get their money'.

  • The answer is:

    Josh Cribbs 2009.

    Had 3 Kickoff returns for TD, 1 punt return for TD. Had another rushing TD and 351 yards rushing. And was a killer as the gunner in both punt and kickoff coverage.

  • Since I've been watching, which is admittedly not long, Jordan Cameron going from 26 career catches for 259 yards (1TD) to 80 catches for 900+ and 7 TDs last year was quite a surprisingly good year, if that's what you're thinking.

  • Trent Richardson.

  • Gordon, obviously as the OP stated.

    Cribbs and Hillis are good answers.

    Other one-year wonders (not that Cribbs was a one-year wonder) include Jamir Miller 2001 and the entire offense in 2007: Anderson, Lewis, Braylon, Joe J and Winslow.

    Zombo

  • Shaun Rogers

  • Gotta agree with others on the Peyton Hillis thing. I was at the panthers/browns game with my brother (who is a panthers fan, this was the year before Cam Newton). I remember when he scored this TD and I lost my mind like never before. Also, when Hillis made the Madden cover I won a free copy of the game for picking him to win.

  • The answer is:

    Josh Cribbs 2009.

    Had 3 Kickoff returns for TD, 1 punt return for TD. Had another rushing TD and 351 yards rushing. And was a killer as the gunner in both punt and kickoff coverage.

    @the-gipper said:

    The answer is:

    Josh Cribbs 2009.

    Had 3 Kickoff returns for TD, 1 punt return for TD. Had another rushing TD and 351 yards rushing. And was a killer as the gunner in both punt and kickoff coverage.

    ^^^ What Gip said

  • I'd have to go with Cribbs or Hillis.

    Both were guys I was seriously considering buying their Jersey.

    Then Cribbs got hurt and old and Hillis lost his mind.

  • Gordon, obviously as the OP stated.

    Cribbs and Hillis are good answers.

    Other one-year wonders (not that Cribbs was a one-year wonder) include Jamir Miller 2001 and the entire offense in 2007: Anderson, Lewis, Braylon, Joe J and Winslow.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Gordon, obviously as the OP stated.

    Cribbs and Hillis are good answers.

    Other one-year wonders (not that Cribbs was a one-year wonder) include Jamir Miller 2001 and the entire offense in 2007: Anderson, Lewis, Braylon, Joe J and Winslow.

    Zombo

    You can't give credit to that offense without mentioning the stellar line play from Thomas, Steinbach, Fraley, Sowells, Tucker, and Shaffer.

  • Hillis was exciting to watch that one year. I pick cribbs though.

    Dawson's in and out field goal was good too.

  • Hillis in 10 or braylon in 07

  • Phil Dawson!