Skip to content

Religious Stuff

Political Discussion
30 5 533
  • It is South Carolina. I don't think there would be an issue with the locals telling a muslim to cut out the yapping during a meeting. New York or a major city? I could see it. People are PC and feel like they don't want to offend minority ethnicities or religions. But in the vast majority of the U.S., I don't think anyone would feel compelled to give the muslim more play than the christian. In fact, I think there would be a good deal of nerves on end if someone just up and started barking about Allah during the a public meeting.

  • Google Muslims asked to stop prayers and see if you get the same results I did.

  • Google Muslims asked to stop prayers and see if you get the same results I did.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Google Muslims asked to stop prayers and see if you get the same results I did.

    Are we going apples to apples and comparing the same areas? Because I guarantee that the three muslims in South Carolina don't pipe up much. I live 5 blocks from a mosque and they are invisible in the community. Why? It is West Virginia.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Dearborn =/= the majority of the U.S. Those fucks should have been tear gassed and dispersed.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Google Muslims asked to stop prayers and see if you get the same results I did.

    Are we going apples to apples and comparing the same areas? Because I guarantee that the three muslims in South Carolina don't pipe up much. I live 5 blocks from a mosque and they are invisible in the community. Why? It is West Virginia.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Are we going apples to apples and comparing the same areas? Because I guarantee that the three muslims in South Carolina don't pipe up much. I live 5 blocks from a mosque and they are invisible in the community. Why? It is West Virginia.

    The US is the US

  • As if Michigan and west Virginia are two radically different areas

  • As if Michigan and west Virginia are two radically different areas

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    As if Michigan and west Virginia are two radically different areas

    Haha ever lived in WV for any length of time?

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Are we going apples to apples and comparing the same areas? Because I guarantee that the three muslims in South Carolina don't pipe up much. I live 5 blocks from a mosque and they are invisible in the community. Why? It is West Virginia.

    The US is the US

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The US is the US

    Because people from Ohio and Cali are just alike. I think that would be news to the people from both places.

  • By your account we ought to be Europe. Last I heard abe Lincoln shot that idea down 150 years ago

  • By your account we ought to be Europe. Last I heard abe Lincoln shot that idea down 150 years ago

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    By your account we ought to be Europe. Last I heard abe Lincoln shot that idea down 150 years ago

    .....hmmm when did I imply that? I was just saying that people have different reactions in different areas. Having a gay pride parade in Mobile, AL probably wouldn't play as well as it does in Brooklyn.

  • Cleveland Ohio is not generally known as a liberal area a la nyc or Frisco as far as I know but I haven't seen too many people object to the gay games coming here

  • Cleveland Ohio is not generally known as a liberal area a la nyc or Frisco as far as I know but I haven't seen too many people object to the gay games coming here

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Cleveland Ohio is not generally known as a liberal area a la nyc or Frisco as far as I know but I haven't seen too many people object to the gay games coming here

    But Cleveland is liberalsville compared to even a good deal of the south. People have different values in different areas.

  • And last I heard south Carolina is Jesus country so why ask them to stop praying?

  • And last I heard south Carolina is Jesus country so why ask them to stop praying?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    And last I heard south Carolina is Jesus country so why ask them to stop praying?

    Maybe the people in that area aren't pussies and would be willing to tell anyone interrupting a meeting to quiet down, regardless of religion?

  • Fair enough

  • It is a moment of silence and she isn't being silent... Why does her religion matter?

    How about this one

    Christian doing this = fighting for her religion and fighting against the rampant oppression of christians

    Muslim doing this = trying to take over the country with sharia law, attacking america and Christianity

    You think a Muslim wouldn't get any slack for this? That's bullshit. A good area of the country wouldn't tolerate this. And if they did, you know it would end up on the blaze or fox or wherever else cal gets his news about how some Muslim somewhere is destroying america.

    Moment of silence. Not being silent.

  • I just don't get why the prayer has to be during the meeting. She can do it before or after. No need to interrupt a meeting to put on a production. Does God only have his cell phone on during that meeting?

  • Maybe it was a really intense meeting. She knew shit was about to go down because the levy didn't pass and she wanted the G Man's help

  • Maybe it was a really intense meeting. She knew shit was about to go down because the levy didn't pass and she wanted the G Man's help

    @mld-woody said:

    Maybe it was a really intense meeting. She knew shit was about to go down because the levy didn't pass and she wanted the G Man's help

    God is much more concerned with levy votes than starving kids.