Two Top Ten Picks
-
I have a feeling Teddy is "their guy." He's the only one they haven't really talked about to the media...
Do you have a link to that story?
-
I was wondering if something like this would happen, or at least be a thought in the FO. Having 10 picks is unnecessary. Its not bad thing to be dealing with but the team has done well so far filling holes (STS). We still have a few gaps including wrapping up Alex Mack. QB, WR, G and a 2nd corner are the glaring holes we still have. If we can get the CB position filled through FA that leaves us with QB (Bridgewater) WR (Watkins) and G. Adding another RB would in the 4th or so would be nice too but 10 picks is not needed to fill those gaps so trading up would work out well as long as Bridge is still there at 7-10.
-
I wouldn't hate it. Draft Xavier su'a-filo with the first 2nd and sign DRC then we fill some of our biggest needs instantly and can fill depth.
-
Rumor I am hearing is that the Browns may want to actually get two of the Top Ten picks in this draft.
They would use their #4 pick perhaps on Watkins....but then use their #26 plus their multple picks in the draft to move up from #26 to 8,9,10 to select Teddy Twatwater if he slides to those slots.
It would take a big package of up to 3-4 picks to move up that far, but that would give the Browns both Watkins and Bridgewater.
Rumor I am hearing is that the Browns may want to actually get two of the Top Ten picks in this draft.
They would use their #4 pick perhaps on Watkins....but then use their #26 plus their multple picks in the draft to move up from #26 to 8,9,10 to select Teddy Twatwater if he slides to those slots.
It would take a big package of up to 3-4 picks to move up that far, but that would give the Browns both Watkins and Bridgewater.
I was saying the exact same thing, with all indication of Browns going all out to win this year, why not even use next years #1 pick for trading back up, as if all goes well that pick would be in the 20's next year anyway.
I had vision of if Browns went D with 4th pick on Clowney, and then moving back up to 8 or 9 to get either Watkins or QB, but def think jumping back up into top 10 again would be a good move this year.
-
Reports Bridgewater's pro day was not great ......lets wait until 3rd and get Garapolo ....
First 3 picks ...best available ( Clowney, Mack etc) CB, OG
-
Reports Bridgewater's pro day was not great ......lets wait until 3rd and get Garapolo ....
First 3 picks ...best available ( Clowney, Mack etc) CB, OG
-
Two top 10 picks I'd have to get Dennard with one of them. That's just me though.
Unless we somehow sign DRC.
If we dish out enough picks to get two top 10 picks and don't draft offense with either pick we will have screwed ourselves especially if we trade next years #1 as suggested earlier in the thread. Two top ten picks better have a QB or WR in their. I don't care if it is Mack/Evans or Watkins/Dennard but we need offensive help like crazy. I'd rather go Watkins/Bridgewater ... especially if people get short-sighted and he slips because of a bad pro day.
I'm not sure if you were suggesting 2 top 10 defense players though, maybe I read that wrong.
Signing DRC remedies all that though.
-
Looks like Ray Farmer has been reading my Browns Board posts.
-
Reports Bridgewater's pro day was not great ......lets wait until 3rd and get Garapolo ....
First 3 picks ...best available ( Clowney, Mack etc) CB, OG
-
Two top 10 picks I'd have to get Dennard with one of them. That's just me though.
Unless we somehow sign DRC.
If we dish out enough picks to get two top 10 picks and don't draft offense with either pick we will have screwed ourselves especially if we trade next years #1 as suggested earlier in the thread. Two top ten picks better have a QB or WR in their. I don't care if it is Mack/Evans or Watkins/Dennard but we need offensive help like crazy. I'd rather go Watkins/Bridgewater ... especially if people get short-sighted and he slips because of a bad pro day.
I'm not sure if you were suggesting 2 top 10 defense players though, maybe I read that wrong.
Signing DRC remedies all that though.
I'd take Watkins and Dennard personally.If we dish out enough picks to get two top 10 picks and don't draft offense with either pick we will have screwed ourselves especially if we trade next years #1 as suggested earlier in the thread. Two top ten picks better have a QB or WR in their. I don't care if it is Mack/Evans or Watkins/Dennard but we need offensive help like crazy. I'd rather go Watkins/Bridgewater ... especially if people get short-sighted and he slips because of a bad pro day.
I'm not sure if you were suggesting 2 top 10 defense players though, maybe I read that wrong.
Signing DRC remedies all that though.
Bortles and Dennard or Evans I'd be cool with too if we wanted a QB.
-
Rumor I am hearing is that the Browns may want to actually get two of the Top Ten picks in this draft.
They would use their #4 pick perhaps on Watkins....but then use their #26 plus their multple picks in the draft to move up from #26 to 8,9,10 to select Teddy Twatwater if he slides to those slots.
It would take a big package of up to 3-4 picks to move up that far, but that would give the Browns both Watkins and Bridgewater.
Rumor I am hearing is that the Browns may want to actually get two of the Top Ten picks in this draft.
They would use their #4 pick perhaps on Watkins....but then use their #26 plus their multple picks in the draft to move up from #26 to 8,9,10 to select Teddy Twatwater if he slides to those slots.
It would take a big package of up to 3-4 picks to move up that far, but that would give the Browns both Watkins and Bridgewater.
2 scenarios
IMO I think it would be better to trade down from #4 to 6-8. This would give the browns a second rd pick to then use to move up from #26 to the mid teens 12-18 range depending on who we trade with.
1st rd. pick 6-8
1st rd. pick 12-18
2nd rd. pick 35
or
trade down from #4 to 6-8. Giving the browns a additional second rd pick to then use on potential QB or BPA that falls.
1st rd. pick 6-8
1st rd. pick 26
2nd rd. pick 35
2nd rd. pick 36-42
Ideally, I would like to get players like Khalil Mack, Mike Evans, Calvin Pryor, Justin Gilbert, CJ Mosley, and Xavier Su'a-Filo. All game changers at their positions... a franchise QB would be nice too, but I don't think it was a coincidence we won last year with Hoyer at QB. Let other teams fight over the 3 QB's and take BPA. Why get the second or third best QB at #4 when you can have the best player, at their position instead. Personally, I believe Watkins and Evans are about equal value for a 2WR, two different styles of play but both would be elite 2WR (since we have Gordon). I think building a "TEAM FIRST", then finding "their guy at QB" whether its now or next year is the route to take. -
With as many picks as we have, I think that it's a forgone conclusion that we're going to try and make some kind of deal. Trading back into the top ten would be EXPENSIVE, but this is also a deep, deep draft, so even trading back into the top 15 would a huge difference, and something that might even land us C. J. Mosley. Getting ridiculously high caliber players like Watkins and Mosley would be absolutely insane, but still doesn't help us with our offensive line issues. The damn Browns do this to me every year.... they somehow get me excited even though we have new coaches, new front office, and an unproven quarterback. In my worthless opinion, our entire season depends on a young man from St. Ignatius high school...Brian Hoyer. If Hoyer is really the player I think he is....we're not going to just win 4 or 5 games.
-
With as many picks as we have, I think that it's a forgone conclusion that we're going to try and make some kind of deal. Trading back into the top ten would be EXPENSIVE, but this is also a deep, deep draft, so even trading back into the top 15 would a huge difference, and something that might even land us C. J. Mosley. Getting ridiculously high caliber players like Watkins and Mosley would be absolutely insane, but still doesn't help us with our offensive line issues. The damn Browns do this to me every year.... they somehow get me excited even though we have new coaches, new front office, and an unproven quarterback. In my worthless opinion, our entire season depends on a young man from St. Ignatius high school...Brian Hoyer. If Hoyer is really the player I think he is....we're not going to just win 4 or 5 games.
The damn Browns do this to me every year....
-
With as many picks as we have, I think that it's a forgone conclusion that we're going to try and make some kind of deal. Trading back into the top ten would be EXPENSIVE, but this is also a deep, deep draft, so even trading back into the top 15 would a huge difference, and something that might even land us C. J. Mosley. Getting ridiculously high caliber players like Watkins and Mosley would be absolutely insane, but still doesn't help us with our offensive line issues. The damn Browns do this to me every year.... they somehow get me excited even though we have new coaches, new front office, and an unproven quarterback. In my worthless opinion, our entire season depends on a young man from St. Ignatius high school...Brian Hoyer. If Hoyer is really the player I think he is....we're not going to just win 4 or 5 games.
With as many picks as we have, I think that it's a forgone conclusion that we're going to try and make some kind of deal. Trading back into the top ten would be EXPENSIVE, but this is also a deep, deep draft, so even trading back into the top 15 would a huge difference, and something that might even land us C. J. Mosley. Getting ridiculously high caliber players like Watkins and Mosley would be absolutely insane, but still doesn't help us with our offensive line issues. The damn Browns do this to me every year.... they somehow get me excited even though we have new coaches, new front office, and an unproven quarterback. In my worthless opinion, our entire season depends on a young man from St. Ignatius high school...Brian Hoyer. If Hoyer is really the player I think he is....we're not going to just win 4 or 5 games.
I'm with you man. Everyone who thinks the browns need a QB in the first round should read this (http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2011/08/11/an-rsp-flashback-qb-brian-hoyer/ ) and re-watch the games Hoyer played in last year. Completely different team with BH at QB. Brian Hoyer on the upcoming season "Have 9-1-1 on speed dial and bring out the caution tape because we are about to murder the AFC North"
-
I think mostly everyone has high hopes for Hoyer but let's be honest he only played 2 games and was out for the year in his third, so it's not a whole lot to hang your hat on.
It's like we have dated fat slobby whores for the past 15 years and we finally meet a nice girl and ask her to marry us on the second date and think we're going to live happily ever after.
-
I think mostly everyone has high hopes for Hoyer but let's be honest he only played 2 games and was out for the year in his third, so it's not a whole lot to hang your hat on.
It's like we have dated fat slobby whores for the past 15 years and we finally meet a nice girl and ask her to marry us on the second date and think we're going to live happily ever after.
I think mostly everyone has high hopes for Hoyer but let's be honest he only played 2 games and was out for the year in his third, so it's not a whole lot to hang your hat on.
It's like we have dated fat slobby whores for the past 15 years and we finally meet a nice girl and ask her to marry us on the second date and think we're going to live happily ever after.
Not to mention he's coming off a fairly serious injury. The magic of modern make ACL tears very curable, but there's still no telling how a player will come back from it. For every one guy who comes back well another essentially is never the same. I hope it's the former but only time will tell. I can't imagine a scenario the Browns don't take a QB with their top 3 picks, but hey I've been wrong before.
To respond to OP though I wouldn't be upset if they made a move into the teens to nab the right guy. I just hope it isn't the case of Brady Quinn though who fell for a reason before our beloved Browns scooped him up.
-
This would be perfection for me. Teddy is the qb I love the most, but Sammy is so intriguing to pair with Gordon and Cameron. We'd definitely lose our first next year, but it might just be worth it. This is the closest we've ever been to actually being a force. If those are the two guys you think would be best, then go all out and get them.
-
Two picks in the top ten...
Maybe looking to draft Manziel and Evans for the attack?
-
Every damn year, they hype these QB only to see it free fall'n.
How often do we see a highly touted QB in a green room look like a@@ on draft day.
Let's not fall for it folks. These QB will fall.....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login