Congrats to Westside Steve
-
I'm on Thursday at noon.
WSS
I'm on Thursday at noon.
WSS
I'll be listening.
-
crush it!
-
I'm on Thursday at noon.
WSS
I'm on Thursday at noon.
WSS
Good luck! What kind of music do you play, anyway?
-
I'm on Thursday at noon.
WSS
Good luck! What kind of music do you play, anyway?
well that's the rub. For nearly 20 years I was the lead singer of a very successful local rock and roll band Easy Street. Easy Street Band Ohio on Facebook by the way.Good luck! What kind of music do you play, anyway?
I officially broke up the band 26 years ago and began a solo career playing mostly at Put in Bay head north eastern Ohio so I do that kind of stuff. My CDs are substantially different and incorporate some Irish music as well as my own stuff. This particular competition...
I was listening to the show and heard a couple clips from a couple other contestants had thought to myself well I can beat these bums. They were looking for vocalists or musicians so since I had recently been working on a new project of ballads and standards, quite different than what I do for a living, I sent them a clip of me singing my funny valentine. So I will be crooning on air. By the way this new CD of standards will be free to my friends, of which I consider all of you guys so I'll make the announcement when it's finished.
WSS
-
by the way all 3 of my solo CDs are on CDBaby.com. Also on amazon.com and iTunes. I'm not hawking them here but if you look for Westside Steve Simmons you can hear clips of each of the songs.
easy street is a midwestern rock and roll with horns style
WSS
-
well that's the rub. For nearly 20 years I was the lead singer of a very successful local rock and roll band Easy Street. Easy Street Band Ohio on Facebook by the way.Good luck! What kind of music do you play, anyway?
I officially broke up the band 26 years ago and began a solo career playing mostly at Put in Bay head north eastern Ohio so I do that kind of stuff. My CDs are substantially different and incorporate some Irish music as well as my own stuff. This particular competition...
I was listening to the show and heard a couple clips from a couple other contestants had thought to myself well I can beat these bums. They were looking for vocalists or musicians so since I had recently been working on a new project of ballads and standards, quite different than what I do for a living, I sent them a clip of me singing my funny valentine. So I will be crooning on air. By the way this new CD of standards will be free to my friends, of which I consider all of you guys so I'll make the announcement when it's finished.
WSS
I officially broke up the band 26 years ago
WSS
Was there a rift? Was your woman the Yoko Ono of Easy Street?
Zombo
-
Not really. As the change in the drinking age destroyed the live rock and roll scene, we started eliminating parts of the show. At one time we had a full road crew a semi truck I believe a 64 light can show big PA all that shit. Started eliminating roadies and then cutting down the size of the PA and lights getting paid less money playing smaller rooms. You couldn't put on a big show and make a living so we just moved on. Most of the guys are working regular jobs.
I opted to go the solo route.
WSS
-
Hi guys. Thanks for the good wishes. Today they will announce the three finalists. I have listened to the podcast and heard all 9 of the others. I'm not bragging but I think I did what I did better then most of them. There is one person I would have voted for myself. We will see. I get the feeling after being around the people at the station and listening to all the other contestants that the fix may be in. We shall see.
WSS
-
We was robbed...

WSS
-
at least you're alive to sing another song.
can't wait to see you play in put-in-bay.
haven't been back to my homeland in 10 years and am definitely going to make a splash both in the bay/lake and at the tailgate.
can you say oHIGHo?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login