Skip to content

St Patrick's Day

The Browns Board
20 12 565
  • I wonder if there's an Irish rootbeer....?

  • I wonder if there's an Irish rootbeer....?

    @calfoxwc said:

    I wonder if there's an Irish rootbeer....?

    There is. It is called Guinness.

  • Its just a big drunken holiday in the USA whether you are Irish or not.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Its just a big drunken holiday in the USA whether you are Irish or not.

    Yeah, St. Patrick is turning over in his grave seeing his Feast Day turned into one big drunkfest.

    I think the big partying started because back when Catholic restrictions in Lent were way stricter than they are now- and drinking was allowed on March 17th. Whoopee!!! Pass the Harp, Guinness, and Irish whiskey.

    Oh, it's a National Holiday in Ireland.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Its just a big drunken holiday in the USA whether you are Irish or not.

    Yeah, St. Patrick is turning over in his grave seeing his Feast Day turned into one big drunkfest.

    I think the big partying started because back when Catholic restrictions in Lent were way stricter than they are now- and drinking was allowed on March 17th. Whoopee!!! Pass the Harp, Guinness, and Irish whiskey.

    Oh, it's a National Holiday in Ireland.

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, St. Patrick is turning over in his grave seeing his Feast Day turned into one big drunkfest.

    I think the big partying started because back when Catholic restrictions in Lent were way stricter than they are now- and drinking was allowed on March 17th. Whoopee!!! Pass the Harp, Guinness, and Irish whiskey.

    Oh, it's a National Holiday in Ireland.

    In Ireland, they go to church on St. Patrick's day. Then they do have a "feast". Lots of good food primarily. It is celebrated more like we celebrate Thanksgiving here. Though I am sure, even there, unless perhaps it falls on a Sunday, they do their share of drinking. They do their share of drinking everyday there, so St. Pats day in not really any different. But, check this out: the Irish don't match up to most Eastern European countries when it come to the consumption of booze. (and of course Muslim countries don't drink...to bad for them.)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

  • @hoorta said:

    Yeah, St. Patrick is turning over in his grave seeing his Feast Day turned into one big drunkfest.

    I think the big partying started because back when Catholic restrictions in Lent were way stricter than they are now- and drinking was allowed on March 17th. Whoopee!!! Pass the Harp, Guinness, and Irish whiskey.

    Oh, it's a National Holiday in Ireland.

    In Ireland, they go to church on St. Patrick's day. Then they do have a "feast". Lots of good food primarily. It is celebrated more like we celebrate Thanksgiving here. Though I am sure, even there, unless perhaps it falls on a Sunday, they do their share of drinking. They do their share of drinking everyday there, so St. Pats day in not really any different. But, check this out: the Irish don't match up to most Eastern European countries when it come to the consumption of booze. (and of course Muslim countries don't drink...to bad for them.)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

    @the-gipper said:

    In Ireland, they go to church on St. Patrick's day. Then they do have a "feast". Lots of good food primarily. It is celebrated more like we celebrate Thanksgiving here. Though I am sure, even there, unless perhaps it falls on a Sunday, they do their share of drinking. They do their share of drinking everyday there, so St. Pats day in not really any different. But, check this out: the Irish don't match up to most Eastern European countries when it come to the consumption of booze. (and of course Muslim countries don't drink...to bad for them.)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

    I'd like to know how they get their statistics. Germans are some beer drinkers.

  • I wonder if there's an Irish rootbeer....?

    @calfoxwc said:

    I wonder if there's an Irish rootbeer....?

    The place I work at distibutes Sprecher Hard Rootbeer. It has 5% alcohol and it tastes just like sweet rootbeer, I don;t think it's Irish but I have tasted it and it's pretty good, if you like rootbeer https://www.sprecherbrewery.com/hrb.php

  • many of us Irish aren't too fond of the Brits, for good reason. They've been sticking it up the Irish ass for the pass 800 years. hundreds of thousands of Irish deaths are directly related to England's history of mistreatment. Most of us Irish will carry that grudge to our graves.

  • @the-gipper said:

    In Ireland, they go to church on St. Patrick's day. Then they do have a "feast". Lots of good food primarily. It is celebrated more like we celebrate Thanksgiving here. Though I am sure, even there, unless perhaps it falls on a Sunday, they do their share of drinking. They do their share of drinking everyday there, so St. Pats day in not really any different. But, check this out: the Irish don't match up to most Eastern European countries when it come to the consumption of booze. (and of course Muslim countries don't drink...to bad for them.)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

    I'd like to know how they get their statistics. Germans are some beer drinkers.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'd like to know how they get their statistics. Germans are some beer drinkers.

    Germans are fine drinkers, no doubts. But the eastern europeans drink home-made vodka like it's water! Interesting to see South Korea up there - I didn't get the impression of much boozing while there. But then, wherever I went for dinner they basically gave is this sake variant, sometimes so 'unrefined' that it still had bits of rice in, which of course soaked up all the alcohol and acted like those tequila worms. Potent stuff.

  • What's the difference between Martin Luther King Day and St Patrick's Day?

    On St Patrick's Day everybody wants to be Irish!

    WSS

  • Sprecher ? I'll try it. Sounds like an Irish Rootbeer Wine Cooler.

    Cool. Mebee I could mix it with some Guinness.

    You know, THAT sounds like a good "Don't worry about

    the Browns 2014 NFL draft" tonic.

    Good for what AILS Browns fans. I'll let you all know how well it works...