Skip to content

Kiper

The Browns Board
27 18 1.6k
  • Kiper wildly changes his mocks bimonthly

  • It's safe to say we will be actively trading on or before draft day. Most likely will see us roll some of our 2014's up and out into 2015. Especially look for this if we do not take a QB at #4 (which I pray we do not)...

    In all the mock sims I've done that 2nd #1 we have at #26 almost always seems to be in no man's land... especially when Sammy was my pick at #4. I can easily see our trading start with that pick... and I do not expect it to stop there.

  • In a matter of 2 months Kiper has went from Teddy to JF to Clowney. The dude hair has him all kind of confused. We are sitting pretty in the draft. Now let them FO guys do what they do.

  • I think most of the FA/draft posts in this message board are better than what Kiper has to say. Better than Carucci's too, awa many of his guest commenters for that matter.

  • do I think they'll trade? only if they bend over again! they get screwed when they trade. so I hope not

  • I hate all the draft blow hards but kiper is the worst. Easiest job in the world and still comes off like a smug douche.

  • I got some info from a board friend(another board) who pays for insider status....for whatever that's worth...anyway...the rumor is Haslam has said all in on winning this year and the Browns are looking to trade back up in to the top 10...shipping our #26 pick, 2nd, one of the 3rds, and next years #1.

    We draft Watkins at #4 and somebody else soon after.

    Again, I don't know how credible this info might be. Maybe it has some legs or maybe it is just some guy throwing out wild conjecture to make it seem worth having "insider" status......but it does fall in along the lines of the article on this thread.

  • That an awfully steep price, so much I don't know if it'd be smart to part with so much. Like I said two days ago, I was thinking either we can offer the 26 and next years 1 to move up to the 12ish range or keep next years one and trade some lower rounds this year. But giving up next years and additional lower rounders this year ... that's giving up a lot.

  • That an awfully steep price, so much I don't know if it'd be smart to part with so much. Like I said two days ago, I was thinking either we can offer the 26 and next years 1 to move up to the 12ish range or keep next years one and trade some lower rounds this year. But giving up next years and additional lower rounders this year ... that's giving up a lot.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    That an awfully steep price, so much I don't know if it'd be smart to part with so much. Like I said two days ago, I was thinking either we can offer the 26 and next years 1 to move up to the 12ish range or keep next years one and trade some lower rounds this year. But giving up next years and additional lower rounders this year ... that's giving up a lot.

    Yeah, i don't like it either. It hasn't worked out recently too well for those who mortgage the future for now, i.e. falcons, redskins

  • Just a FYI.....I looked at the numbers and the draft value chart...I picked #7 as to where we would trade....the picks this year are about 100 points less than the value of the improved position. How you figure a future pick value is unknown. No matter what draft slot you pick, that has to be discounted some because I think a current pick is worth more than a future pick.

  • Yeah I would say fuck that. Our second first rounder, second and third rounder maybe. That's if a team with a 10-13 spot would bite. Damn sure not giving up a first next year

  • Well, on April 11th the movie Draft Day will be coming out featuring the Cleveland Browns and their GM making some wild and crazy moves on/around Draft Day.

    So, it is highly possible that Jimmy Haslam may want life to imitate art. So expect some big surprises on Draft Day, both the movie...and the real thing by the Cleveland Browns. The Browns are very public relations conscious and very well may want the momentum of the movie to carry through to the draft with an effort to amp up the excitability factor.

  • Yeah I would say fuck that. Our second first rounder, second and third rounder maybe. That's if a team with a 10-13 spot would bite. Damn sure not giving up a first next year

    @comeonman said:

    Yeah I would say fuck that. Our second first rounder, second and third rounder maybe. That's if a team with a 10-13 spot would bite. Damn sure not giving up a first next year

    Hey, I don't like it myself. I would do it if we could keep this years 2nd rounder, but then I don't think it would be enough for a team to trade out of the top 10.

  • I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

  • I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

    @darren15 said:

    I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

    That is my dream scenario. That would give us plenty of ammo to move back up into the top 15 and have two top 15 picks
  • I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

    @darren15 said:



    I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

     

    From what I heard on the radio Bridewater had a horrendous pro day and hurt his stock.

  • do I think they'll trade? only if they bend over again! they get screwed when they trade. so I hope not

    @jeffinwv said:

    do I think they'll trade? only if they bend over again! they get screwed when they trade. so I hope not

    This "they" is a new "they" and have no record of either being the screwer or the screwie...

    @ballpeen said:

    I got some info from a board friend(another board) who pays for insider status....for whatever that's worth...anyway...the rumor is Haslam has said all in on winning this year and the Browns are looking to trade back up in to the top 10...shipping our #26 pick, 2nd, one of the 3rds, and next years #1.

    Winning what?

    I hope that's insider BS cause it's as stupid as stupid gets.

    There are no shortcuts...

  • Judging by the comments, we collectively seem to agree that we should be "sellers" more than "buyers" (i.e. either moving back and getting more picks and/or pushing to next year). I don't like hearing the "win-now" concept, because I just want to "improve now" and build something competitive that can go .500, in the division and overall record. That would be a huge step in the right direction for us and this management.

    I can't remember the last time we fielded an NFL ready starting line-up, let alone "win" anything. Stability and good decision making and luck make for a winner. For example, any team that has hit on a franchise QB outside of the first round (SF, Seattle, Dallas, NE etc.) has just been lucky. That could have been a Frye or McCoy for us but we've been unlucky for quiet some time (QB's, Winslow, Edwards, Bentley ...) So far this management team has made some good decisions and I hope they stick to it and don't over-reach.

    As I said, they really need a QB WR and CB with the first three picks. If they don't like the QB's then maybe it's WR, CB and OG or ILB. Then 4 more picks to get the other missing pieces. Then take some chances in rounds 5-7 and see if something hits.

  • Judging by the comments, we collectively seem to agree that we should be "sellers" more than "buyers" (i.e. either moving back and getting more picks and/or pushing to next year). I don't like hearing the "win-now" concept, because I just want to "improve now" and build something competitive that can go .500, in the division and overall record. That would be a huge step in the right direction for us and this management.

    I can't remember the last time we fielded an NFL ready starting line-up, let alone "win" anything. Stability and good decision making and luck make for a winner. For example, any team that has hit on a franchise QB outside of the first round (SF, Seattle, Dallas, NE etc.) has just been lucky. That could have been a Frye or McCoy for us but we've been unlucky for quiet some time (QB's, Winslow, Edwards, Bentley ...) So far this management team has made some good decisions and I hope they stick to it and don't over-reach.

    As I said, they really need a QB WR and CB with the first three picks. If they don't like the QB's then maybe it's WR, CB and OG or ILB. Then 4 more picks to get the other missing pieces. Then take some chances in rounds 5-7 and see if something hits.

    @frenchie said:

    Judging by the comments, we collectively seem to agree that we should be "sellers" more than "buyers" (i.e. either moving back and getting more picks and/or pushing to next year). I don't like hearing the "win-now" concept, because I just want to "improve now" and build something competitive that can go .500, in the division and overall record. That would be a huge step in the right direction for us and this management.

    I can't remember the last time we fielded an NFL ready starting line-up, let alone "win" anything. Stability and good decision making and luck make for a winner. For example, any team that has hit on a franchise QB outside of the first round (SF, Seattle, Dallas, NE etc.) has just been lucky. That could have been a Frye or McCoy for us but we've been unlucky for quiet some time (QB's, Winslow, Edwards, Bentley ...) So far this management team has made some good decisions and I hope they stick to it and don't over-reach.

    As I said, they really need a QB WR and CB with the first three picks. If they don't like the QB's then maybe it's WR, CB and OG or ILB. Then 4 more picks to get the other missing pieces. Then take some chances in rounds 5-7 and see if something hits.

    Well I think we have been building for 15 yrs, time to start winning, I think with 10 picks you can do both, its not like our team is old. As to trading, I think it just depends on how the FO values players. I too thought it might be cool to trade back into the 1st, with say 3 1st round picks if that were possible, but the cost is likely very high. I suspect there may be some movement by the browns, not sure if there will be big movement or not.

  • I hope we don't draft a qb until the 3rd round.