Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Kiper

Kiper

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
Draft Day Trades
27 Posts 18 Posters 1.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Comeonman ComeonmanC Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
    • 2k Posts
    • 359 Reputation
    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Yeah I would say fuck that. Our second first rounder, second and third rounder maybe. That's if a team with a 10-13 spot would bite. Damn sure not giving up a first next year

    ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #14

      Well, on April 11th the movie Draft Day will be coming out featuring the Cleveland Browns and their GM making some wild and crazy moves on/around Draft Day.

      So, it is highly possible that Jimmy Haslam may want life to imitate art. So expect some big surprises on Draft Day, both the movie...and the real thing by the Cleveland Browns. The Browns are very public relations conscious and very well may want the momentum of the movie to carry through to the draft with an effort to amp up the excitability factor.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ComeonmanC Comeonman

        Yeah I would say fuck that. Our second first rounder, second and third rounder maybe. That's if a team with a 10-13 spot would bite. Damn sure not giving up a first next year

        ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 9k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
        #15

        @comeonman said:

        Yeah I would say fuck that. Our second first rounder, second and third rounder maybe. That's if a team with a 10-13 spot would bite. Damn sure not giving up a first next year

        Hey, I don't like it myself. I would do it if we could keep this years 2nd rounder, but then I don't think it would be enough for a team to trade out of the top 10.

        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 4k Posts
          • 959 Reputation
          darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
          #16

          I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

          ComeonmanC BadNewsBrownsB 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • darren15D darren15

            I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

            Comeonman ComeonmanC Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 2k Posts
            • 359 Reputation
            ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
            #17

            @darren15 said:

            I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

            That is my dream scenario. That would give us plenty of ammo to move back up into the top 15 and have two top 15 picks
            miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • darren15D darren15

              I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

              BadNewsBrowns BadNewsBrownsB
              • 1k Posts
              • 97 Reputation
              BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by BadNewsBrowns
              #18

              @darren15 said:



              I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

               

              From what I heard on the radio Bridewater had a horrendous pro day and hurt his stock.

              "All Truth Passes Through Three stages. First, It Is Ridiculed, Second It Is Violently Opposed, And Third, It Is Accepted As Self-Evident" ~Arthur Schopenhauer
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • J jeffinwv

                do I think they'll trade? only if they bend over again! they get screwed when they trade. so I hope not

                Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                • 30k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                #19

                @jeffinwv said:

                do I think they'll trade? only if they bend over again! they get screwed when they trade. so I hope not

                This "they" is a new "they" and have no record of either being the screwer or the screwie...

                @ballpeen said:

                I got some info from a board friend(another board) who pays for insider status....for whatever that's worth...anyway...the rumor is Haslam has said all in on winning this year and the Browns are looking to trade back up in to the top 10...shipping our #26 pick, 2nd, one of the 3rds, and next years #1.

                Winning what?

                I hope that's insider BS cause it's as stupid as stupid gets.

                There are no shortcuts...

                "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Frenchie F Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 605 Posts
                  • 77 Reputation
                  F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
                  #20

                  Judging by the comments, we collectively seem to agree that we should be "sellers" more than "buyers" (i.e. either moving back and getting more picks and/or pushing to next year). I don't like hearing the "win-now" concept, because I just want to "improve now" and build something competitive that can go .500, in the division and overall record. That would be a huge step in the right direction for us and this management.

                  I can't remember the last time we fielded an NFL ready starting line-up, let alone "win" anything. Stability and good decision making and luck make for a winner. For example, any team that has hit on a franchise QB outside of the first round (SF, Seattle, Dallas, NE etc.) has just been lucky. That could have been a Frye or McCoy for us but we've been unlucky for quiet some time (QB's, Winslow, Edwards, Bentley ...) So far this management team has made some good decisions and I hope they stick to it and don't over-reach.

                  As I said, they really need a QB WR and CB with the first three picks. If they don't like the QB's then maybe it's WR, CB and OG or ILB. Then 4 more picks to get the other missing pieces. Then take some chances in rounds 5-7 and see if something hits.

                  runyon27R 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • F Frenchie

                    Judging by the comments, we collectively seem to agree that we should be "sellers" more than "buyers" (i.e. either moving back and getting more picks and/or pushing to next year). I don't like hearing the "win-now" concept, because I just want to "improve now" and build something competitive that can go .500, in the division and overall record. That would be a huge step in the right direction for us and this management.

                    I can't remember the last time we fielded an NFL ready starting line-up, let alone "win" anything. Stability and good decision making and luck make for a winner. For example, any team that has hit on a franchise QB outside of the first round (SF, Seattle, Dallas, NE etc.) has just been lucky. That could have been a Frye or McCoy for us but we've been unlucky for quiet some time (QB's, Winslow, Edwards, Bentley ...) So far this management team has made some good decisions and I hope they stick to it and don't over-reach.

                    As I said, they really need a QB WR and CB with the first three picks. If they don't like the QB's then maybe it's WR, CB and OG or ILB. Then 4 more picks to get the other missing pieces. Then take some chances in rounds 5-7 and see if something hits.

                    runyon27 runyon27R Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                    • 713 Posts
                    • 180 Reputation
                    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
                    #21

                    @frenchie said:

                    Judging by the comments, we collectively seem to agree that we should be "sellers" more than "buyers" (i.e. either moving back and getting more picks and/or pushing to next year). I don't like hearing the "win-now" concept, because I just want to "improve now" and build something competitive that can go .500, in the division and overall record. That would be a huge step in the right direction for us and this management.

                    I can't remember the last time we fielded an NFL ready starting line-up, let alone "win" anything. Stability and good decision making and luck make for a winner. For example, any team that has hit on a franchise QB outside of the first round (SF, Seattle, Dallas, NE etc.) has just been lucky. That could have been a Frye or McCoy for us but we've been unlucky for quiet some time (QB's, Winslow, Edwards, Bentley ...) So far this management team has made some good decisions and I hope they stick to it and don't over-reach.

                    As I said, they really need a QB WR and CB with the first three picks. If they don't like the QB's then maybe it's WR, CB and OG or ILB. Then 4 more picks to get the other missing pieces. Then take some chances in rounds 5-7 and see if something hits.

                    Well I think we have been building for 15 yrs, time to start winning, I think with 10 picks you can do both, its not like our team is old. As to trading, I think it just depends on how the FO values players. I too thought it might be cool to trade back into the 1st, with say 3 1st round picks if that were possible, but the cost is likely very high. I suspect there may be some movement by the browns, not sure if there will be big movement or not.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • John.R.Brown1968 John.R.Brown1968J
                      • 199 Posts
                      • 16 Reputation
                      John.R.Brown1968J John.R.Brown1968 wrote on last edited by John.R.Brown1968
                      #22

                      I hope we don't draft a qb until the 3rd round.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ComeonmanC Comeonman

                        @darren15 said:

                        I would want to trade with the Vikings if they wanted to move up for Bridgewater .... I would take their 1st round and 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next year .....

                        That is my dream scenario. That would give us plenty of ammo to move back up into the top 15 and have two top 15 picks
                        miktoxic miktoxicM
                        • 13k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                        #23

                        @comeonman said:

                        That is my dream scenario. That would give us plenty of ammo to move back up into the top 15 and have two top 15 picks

                        yours!

                        i'd pick evans and turn around and pick gilbert. 2 major wholes filled. OT(s), LB, other picks to trade up.

                        G 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • miktoxicM miktoxic

                          @comeonman said:

                          That is my dream scenario. That would give us plenty of ammo to move back up into the top 15 and have two top 15 picks

                          yours!

                          i'd pick evans and turn around and pick gilbert. 2 major wholes filled. OT(s), LB, other picks to trade up.

                          GuNNerGatSKi G Reacting Well Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 331 Posts
                          • 86 Reputation
                          G GuNNerGatSKi wrote on last edited by
                          #24

                          @miktoxic said:

                          yours!

                          i'd pick evans and turn around and pick gilbert. 2 major wholes filled. OT(s), LB, other picks to trade up.

                          I'd love that. Or Mack/gilbert or mack/evans. The more I watch Mack and the more I contemplate which player will give us the greatest, sustained impact at four I have to say that will be K. Mack. Imagine the kind of defense we could field with a Mack/Gilbert first round. Fuck it gives a raging woody!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • F Frenchie

                            According to Kiper, the Browns, Rams and Falcons will be active in making trades on draft day. The Browns have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds. Well, the Browns have the potential to do this, but they haven't acted like a team in "panic mode" and I hope they don't start acting like one in May. We need 7 quality players from those first 7 picks, with the first three going QB, WR, CB (in some order) and the next 3 going ILB, OG/OT, OG/OC. Then select BPA. Do you think they'll trade and move up?

                            Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 125 Reputation
                            OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
                            #25

                            @frenchie said:

                            According to Kiper, the Browns, Rams and Falcons will be active in making trades on draft day. The Browns have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds. Well, the Browns have the potential to do this, but they haven't acted like a team in "panic mode" and I hope they don't start acting like one in May. We need 7 quality players from those first 7 picks, with the first three going QB, WR, CB (in some order) and the next 3 going ILB, OG/OT, OG/OC. Then select BPA. Do you think they'll trade and move up?

                            I think if the Browns trade they will move down, not up. I'm betting we invest in other positions this year and assets for next years draft to target a QB.

                            "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Frenchie F Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 605 Posts
                              • 77 Reputation
                              F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
                              #26

                              We can get 7 key young players in the first 4 rounds of the draft. I would suggest we not play too many games and get the missing talent that we need in so many positions including (in no certain order) QB, RB, CB, OG, ILB, WR.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 959 Reputation
                                darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
                                #27

                                It is getting closer 🙂

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                Reply
                                • Reply as topic
                                Log in to reply
                                • Oldest to Newest
                                • Newest to Oldest
                                • Most Votes


                                Theme
                                • System
                                • Light
                                • Dark
                                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                0
                                • Forums
                                • Recent
                                • Popular
                                • Users
                                • Donate