Schaub or rookie
-
Zombo said:
Yep, we either have an eye on one of the top rooks, or we love Hoyer!
Could be both...
I'm developing a sinking feeling that we are heading towards Quinn 2.0... tabbing a face-of-the-franchise quality player at 4 and then overpaying in a trade up from 26 to catch a falling knife of a QB.
Someone... please tell me that this FO has the discipline to avoid repeating that fatal error.
-
Zombo said:
Yep, we either have an eye on one of the top rooks, or we love Hoyer!
Could be both...
I'm developing a sinking feeling that we are heading towards Quinn 2.0... tabbing a face-of-the-franchise quality player at 4 and then overpaying in a trade up from 26 to catch a falling knife of a QB.
Someone... please tell me that this FO has the discipline to avoid repeating that fatal error.
Could be both...
I'm developing a sinking feeling that we are heading towards Quinn 2.0... tabbing a face-of-the-franchise quality player at 4 and then overpaying in a trade up from 26 to catch a falling knife of a QB.
Someone... please tell me that this FO has the discipline to avoid repeating that fatal error.
I'm think we are going to see Grossman here, helping to teach Hoyer and a mid round/3rd string rookie the offense.
-
Zombo said:
Yep, we either have an eye on one of the top rooks, or we love Hoyer!
Could be both...
I'm developing a sinking feeling that we are heading towards Quinn 2.0... tabbing a face-of-the-franchise quality player at 4 and then overpaying in a trade up from 26 to catch a falling knife of a QB.
Someone... please tell me that this FO has the discipline to avoid repeating that fatal error.
Could be both...
I'm developing a sinking feeling that we are heading towards Quinn 2.0... tabbing a face-of-the-franchise quality player at 4 and then overpaying in a trade up from 26 to catch a falling knife of a QB.
Someone... please tell me that this FO has the discipline to avoid repeating that fatal error.
This FO has the discipline to avoid repeating that fatal error.

I take Pettine at his word...Foyer has the tools and the Browns will start with him. Aside from that, it's predictable that Foyer will have company. Having a QB with some experience (as many have said) has a lot of value and I would be surprised if Pettine and Farmer didn't know that. Getting a puppy in the draft has a lot of value too but it is also true that targeting one of next years puppies may be the Pettine/Farmer plan.
What I believe is that there is a Pettine/Farmer/Haslem plan. What that plan is is probably known only to Pettine, Farmer and Haslem. I get the feeling it will surprise us all.
-
One thing I'm surprised by is how little influence Shanahan seems to be having. You'd expect him and Logains to be at the pro-day of all the QBs they might be interested in, but that doesn't seem to be the way. We'll see if we get Grossman.
-
One thing I'm surprised by is how little influence Shanahan seems to be having. You'd expect him and Logains to be at the pro-day of all the QBs they might be interested in, but that doesn't seem to be the way. We'll see if we get Grossman.
One thing I'm surprised by is how little influence Shanahan seems to be having. You'd expect him and Logains to be at the pro-day of all the QBs they might be interested in, but that doesn't seem to be the way. We'll see if we get Grossman.
Oh yeah...I bet Shanahan knows too. Otherwise why would he seem so passive like gftChris says?
-
Raiders land Matt Schaub in trade with Texans
Jim Corbett, USA TODAY Sports10:30 a.m. EDT March 21, 2014
(Photo: Troy Taormina, USA TODAY Sports)
Matt Schaub became the latest quarterback domino to fall when the Oakland Raiders landed the Houston Texans signal caller in a Friday morning trade.
The Texans traded Schaub for a late-round selection in the May draft, a person familiar with the deal told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity since neither club has yet to announce the trade.
The 32-year-old Schaub started eight games last season before his benching, became expendable when the Texans acquired Tennessee Titans backup and former Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals starter Ryan Fitzpatrick late Thursday.
Fitzpatrick is expected to serve as a bridge and mentor to the quarterback that new Texans coach Bill O'Brien is expected to draft.
TEXANS: Houston signs Fitzpatrick
Schaub, 46-44 as a starter, threw 10 touchdowns and 14 interceptions last season, including an interception returned for a touchdown during a league-record four consecutive games. He appeared to lose confidence, was booed and benched.
Schaub led the Texans to a 12-4 record during the 2012 season before flaming out late after throwing 22 touchdowns with 12 interceptions when he made the Pro Bowl for the second time since 2009.
The Raiders are now no longer forced to select one of the top three quarterbacks in the 2014 draft class, Central Florida's ascending Blake Bortles, Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel or Louisville's Teddy Twatwater with the fifth overall pick.
-
I still think this means Grossman is on his way here.
-
I still think this means Grossman is on his way here.
I still think this means Grossman is on his way here.
Pretty sure. Its not like there are any cant miss FA right now that would come in and dominate. Rex knows the shanny system through and through. He will be a metor for sure. It would be cool as hell though if he came in and had a come back year at age 33.
-
I still think this means Grossman is on his way here.
I still think this means Grossman is on his way here.
So do I. I think he's a good fit...A capable backup who KNOWS & ACCEPTS that he's a backup, draft a rookie (maybe round 2 or 3) to sit back & learn for awhile (who knows how long?) until he's ready to push Hoyer.
Mike
-
Schaub to Oakland, Fitzpatrick to Houston apparently.
Here's Ten million reasons why I'm glad the Browns didn't get Schaub... From ESPN...
"Schaub, who has a $14.5 million salary-cap figure and a $10 million base salary for 2014, became expendable when the Texans signed former Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to a two-year deal Thursday night."
If he's not renegotiating, that's starting qb money, not backup.
The "gotta draft a qb high guys" better take a reality check- this is just another obvious indication the Browns are viewing Hoyer as the de facto starter- and whether they bring in a rookie or not- he's not going to be starting opening day.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login