Ryan Fitzpatrick?
-
He was cut on the 14th, and has had a 80+ passer rating 3 of the past 4 years. Certainly a good backup QB, and a Harvard grad so learning Shannies system shouldn't be a problem for him. I certainly like the idea of signing him better than trading for Schaub or the prospect of Grossman being our starter if we repeat last year and get our first and second string QBs injured. Also hailed as a great locker room guy.
-
DA
-
If he's still around after the draft and we don't take a QB in the first rounds, then OK.
Otherwise, I think he's a #2, which ultimately is what Hoyer will probably end up being. I think we need a #3 and a #1, or a least a shot at one.
If we decide not to address the position at the top of the draft, then I have no problem with him as insurance for Hoyer for a year.
Zombo
-
-
I am usually okay with picking up whatever harps are available....
WSS
-
If he's still around after the draft and we don't take a QB in the first rounds, then OK.
Otherwise, I think he's a #2, which ultimately is what Hoyer will probably end up being. I think we need a #3 and a #1, or a least a shot at one.
If we decide not to address the position at the top of the draft, then I have no problem with him as insurance for Hoyer for a year.
Zombo
Zombo said:
If he's still around after the draft and we don't take a QB in the first rounds, then OK.
Otherwise, I think he's a #2, which ultimately is what Hoyer will probably end up being. I think we need a #3 and a #1, or a least a shot at one.
If we decide not to address the position at the top of the draft, then I have no problem with him as insurance for Hoyer for a year.
Zombo
I could be wrong but I believe you are going to find that the Browns plans for the number 1 QB this season is Hoyer with a vet and a 2nd to 4th round draft pick at 2 or 3 in no particular order depending who they are.
-
Zombo said:
If he's still around after the draft and we don't take a QB in the first rounds, then OK.
Otherwise, I think he's a #2, which ultimately is what Hoyer will probably end up being. I think we need a #3 and a #1, or a least a shot at one.
If we decide not to address the position at the top of the draft, then I have no problem with him as insurance for Hoyer for a year.
Zombo
I could be wrong but I believe you are going to find that the Browns plans for the number 1 QB this season is Hoyer with a vet and a 2nd to 4th round draft pick at 2 or 3 in no particular order depending who they are.
, an
I could be wrong but I believe you are going to find that the Browns plans for the number 1 QB this season is Hoyer with a vet and a 2nd to 4th round draft pick at 2 or 3 in no particular order depending who they are.
That's fine with me, I'd be good with that. No need to jump on Fitz until after the draft though, in my opinion. Plenty of veteran QBs will be looking for jobs going into camp, it seems.
-
I agree with Zombo.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login