Skip to content

NCAA Basketball Tourney Trivia

The Browns Board
18 7 394
  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #2
    1. What school has won the most NCAA Division I basketball championships? UCLA



    2. Besides the school that is the answer to Q.#1, 7 other schools have won 3 or more NCAA D-I basketball titles. Name these 7 schools.


    Indiana, North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas ... I feel pretty good about those five ... let's throw in Connecticut and Louisville



    3. Only 3 schools seeded in the tourney at #14 or #15 have ever made the Sweet Sixteen. Name these 3 schools. Hint: one of them made it just last year.


    FGCU ... Richmond and Cleveland St.?



    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?


    St. Joe's a few years back.



    5. Who is the only coach to win an NCAA Championship for 2 different schools?


    Rick Pittino


    6. Four (4) Divsion III schools from Ohio have at some point won the D-III Men's NCAA basketball championship since they started that tourney in 1975. Name these 4 "small" Ohio Schools.


    Oberlin



    7. What is the only Division I conference that does not hold a post season tournament?


    Ivy League



    8. This year, 2 states are tied with having the most team in this years tournament. Name those 2 states.


    California and New York



    9. Where is the Final Four being held this year?


    Cowboy stadium or whatever they call it.



    10. The following schools in Ohio have in the past made appearances in the Mens D-I NCAA basketball tournament. Point out or highlight those schools that have an all time winning record in the tournament:

    Akron

    Bowling Green

    Cincinnati

    Cleveland St.

    Dayton

    Kent St.

    Miami

    Ohio

    Ohio St.

    Toledo

    Xavier



    11. What school has the current longest consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance streak?


    Kansas



    12. What are the only 2 schools who in the past have played in the NCAA National Championship game that are now no longer among the 350 or so Division I basketball programs?


    CCNY, San Francisco


    Bonus: What is the ONLY school that is currently a member of one of the nine NCAA basketball power conferences that has never made an appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.

    (note: the 9 conferences are: ACC, Big East, American, SEC, Pac-12, Mountain West, Conf. USA, Big Ten, Big 12,)


    Northwestern

  • 1. What school has won the most NCAA Division I basketball championships? UCLA



    2. Besides the school that is the answer to Q.#1, 7 other schools have won 3 or more NCAA D-I basketball titles. Name these 7 schools.


    Indiana, North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas ... I feel pretty good about those five ... let's throw in Connecticut and Louisville



    3. Only 3 schools seeded in the tourney at #14 or #15 have ever made the Sweet Sixteen. Name these 3 schools. Hint: one of them made it just last year.


    FGCU ... Richmond and Cleveland St.?



    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?


    St. Joe's a few years back.



    5. Who is the only coach to win an NCAA Championship for 2 different schools?


    Rick Pittino


    6. Four (4) Divsion III schools from Ohio have at some point won the D-III Men's NCAA basketball championship since they started that tourney in 1975. Name these 4 "small" Ohio Schools.


    Oberlin



    7. What is the only Division I conference that does not hold a post season tournament?


    Ivy League



    8. This year, 2 states are tied with having the most team in this years tournament. Name those 2 states.


    California and New York



    9. Where is the Final Four being held this year?


    Cowboy stadium or whatever they call it.



    10. The following schools in Ohio have in the past made appearances in the Mens D-I NCAA basketball tournament. Point out or highlight those schools that have an all time winning record in the tournament:

    Akron

    Bowling Green

    Cincinnati

    Cleveland St.

    Dayton

    Kent St.

    Miami

    Ohio

    Ohio St.

    Toledo

    Xavier



    11. What school has the current longest consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance streak?


    Kansas



    12. What are the only 2 schools who in the past have played in the NCAA National Championship game that are now no longer among the 350 or so Division I basketball programs?


    CCNY, San Francisco


    Bonus: What is the ONLY school that is currently a member of one of the nine NCAA basketball power conferences that has never made an appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.

    (note: the 9 conferences are: ACC, Big East, American, SEC, Pac-12, Mountain West, Conf. USA, Big Ten, Big 12,)


    Northwestern

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Zombo said:

    1. What school has won the most NCAA Division I basketball championships? UCLA Check
    2. Besides the school that is the answer to Q.#1, 7 other schools have won 3 or more NCAA D-I basketball titles. Name these 7 schools.
    Indiana, North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas ... I feel pretty good about those five ... let's throw in Connecticut and Louisville
    You got them all, check
    3. Only 3 schools seeded in the tourney at #14 or #15 have ever made the Sweet Sixteen. Name these 3 schools. Hint: one of them made it just last year.
    FGCU ... Richmond and Cleveland St.?
    FGCU and CSU check. Not Richmond. I think they were a 13 seed
    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?
    St. Joe's a few years back.
    That is not the info I have.....but when you say it, it sounds right. So we will have to check on this
    5. Who is the only coach to win an NCAA Championship for 2 different schools?
    Rick Pittino Check
    6. Four (4) Divsion III schools from Ohio have at some point won the D-III Men's NCAA basketball championship since they started that tourney in 1975. Name these 4 "small" Ohio Schools.
    Oberlin NO
    7. What is the only Division I conference that does not hold a post season tournament?
    Ivy League Check
    8. This year, 2 states are tied with having the most team in this years tournament. Name those 2 states.
    California and New York NO
    9. Where is the Final Four being held this year?
    Cowboy stadium or whatever they call it. The Jerry Dome, Cowboy Dome, yea, whatever. That bigass thing. Check
    10. The following schools in Ohio have in the past made appearances in the Mens D-I NCAA basketball tournament. Point out or highlight those schools that have an all time winning record in the tournament:
    Akron
    Bowling Green
    Cincinnati
    Cleveland St.
    Dayton
    Kent St.
    Miami
    Ohio
    Ohio St.
    Toledo
    Xavier
    CSU is correct...but there are two more.
    11. What school has the current longest consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance streak?
    Kansas Check
    12. What are the only 2 schools who in the past have played in the NCAA National Championship game that are now no longer among the 350 or so Division I basketball programs?
    CCNY, San Francisco CCNY check. Not SF...they are stil D-I
    Bonus: What is the ONLY school that is currently a member of one of the nine NCAA basketball power conferences that has never made an appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.
    (note: the 9 conferences are: ACC, Big East, American, SEC, Pac-12, Mountain West, Conf. USA, Big Ten, Big 12,)
    Northwestern Check
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4
    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?


    St. Joe's a few years back.

    That is not the info I have.....but when you say it, it sounds right. So we will have to check on this



    OK, here is the scoop on this. St. Joseph's in 2003-2004 did have an undefeated regular season...BUT...they were defeated in the Atlantic 10 conference tournament by Xavier...so, they did NOT enter the NCAA tournament undefeated. So the other answer I have still stands.

  • 4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?


    St. Joe's a few years back.

    That is not the info I have.....but when you say it, it sounds right. So we will have to check on this



    OK, here is the scoop on this. St. Joseph's in 2003-2004 did have an undefeated regular season...BUT...they were defeated in the Atlantic 10 conference tournament by Xavier...so, they did NOT enter the NCAA tournament undefeated. So the other answer I have still stands.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @the-gipper said:

    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?
    St. Joe's a few years back.
    That is not the info I have.....but when you say it, it sounds right. So we will have to check on this
    OK, here is the scoop on this. St. Joseph's in 2003-2004 did have an undefeated regular season...BUT...they were defeated in the Atlantic 10 conference tournament by Xavier...so, they did NOT enter the NCAA tournament undefeated. So the other answer I have still stands.

    Ahhh ... I will go with UNLV then.

    I am surprised Northwestern was right ... that was just a blind guess. Poor Northwestern.

    Zombo

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #6

    8. Michigan and North Carolina?

  • @the-gipper said:

    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?
    St. Joe's a few years back.
    That is not the info I have.....but when you say it, it sounds right. So we will have to check on this
    OK, here is the scoop on this. St. Joseph's in 2003-2004 did have an undefeated regular season...BUT...they were defeated in the Atlantic 10 conference tournament by Xavier...so, they did NOT enter the NCAA tournament undefeated. So the other answer I have still stands.

    Ahhh ... I will go with UNLV then.

    I am surprised Northwestern was right ... that was just a blind guess. Poor Northwestern.

    Zombo

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Zombo said:

    Ahhh ... I will go with UNLV then.

    I am surprised Northwestern was right ... that was just a blind guess. Poor Northwestern.

    Zombo

    UNLV is a check. 1991

  • 8. Michigan and North Carolina?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    8. Michigan and North Carolina?

    NC, not Mich.

  • Here is this weeks Trivia....on the NCAA Tourney (which as of this writing Ohio State has already lost to Dayton). Try your hand:

    1. What school has won the most NCAA Division I basketball championships?

    2. Besides the school that is the answer to Q.#1, 7 other schools have won 3 or more NCAA D-I basketball titles. Name these 7 schools.

    3. Only 3 schools seeded in the tourney at #14 or #15 have ever made the Sweet Sixteen. Name these 3 schools. Hint: one of them made it just last year.

    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?

    5. Who is the only coach to win an NCAA Championship for 2 different schools?

    6. Four (4) Divsion III schools from Ohio have at some point won the D-III Men's NCAA basketball championship since they started that tourney in 1975. Name these 4 "small" Ohio Schools.

    7. What is the only Division I conference that does not hold a post season tournament?

    8. This year, 2 states are tied with having the most team in this years tournament. Name those 2 states.

    9. Where is the Final Four being held this year?

    10. The following schools in Ohio have in the past made appearances in the Mens D-I NCAA basketball tournament. Point out or highlight those schools that have an all time winning record in the tournament:

    Akron

    Bowling Green

    Cincinnati

    Cleveland St.

    Dayton

    Kent St.

    Miami

    Ohio

    Ohio St.

    Toledo

    Xavier

    11. What school has the current longest consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance streak?

    12. What are the only 2 schools who in the past have played in the NCAA National Championship game that are now no longer among the 350 or so Division I basketball programs?

    Bonus: What is the ONLY school that is currently a member of one of the nine NCAA basketball power conferences that has never made an appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.

    (note: the 9 conferences are: ACC, Big East, American, SEC, Pac-12, Mountain West, Conf. USA, Big Ten, Big 12,)

    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this weeks Trivia....on the NCAA Tourney (which as of this writing Ohio State has already lost to Dayton). Try your hand:

    1. What school has won the most NCAA Division I basketball championships? UK

    2. Besides the school that is the answer to Q.#1, 7 other schools have won 3 or more NCAA D-I basketball titles. Name the

    UK, Ucla, Duke, N Carolina, Indiana, Kanas, FL, Kanas

    3. Only 3 schools seeded in the tourney at #14 or #15 have ever made the Sweet Sixteen. Name these 3 schools. Hint: one of them made it just last year.

    Witicha St, NC State, VCU,

    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?

    Indiana

    5. Who is the only coach to win an NCAA Championship for 2 different schools?

    Pitino

    6. Four (4) Divsion III schools from Ohio have at some point won the D-III Men's NCAA basketball championship since they started that tourney in 1975. Name these 4 "small" Ohio Schools.

    7. What is the only Division I conference that does not hold a post season tournament?

    Pac10

    8. This year, 2 states are tied with having the most team in this years tournament. Name those 2 states.

    Cali, FLA

    9. Where is the Final Four being held this year?

    Dallas

    10. The following schools in Ohio have in the past made appearances in the Mens D-I NCAA basketball tournament. Point out or highlight those schools that have an all time winning record in the tournament:

    Akron

    Bowling Green

    Cincinnati

    Cleveland St.

    Dayton

    Kent St.

    Miami

    Ohio

    Ohio State

    Toledo

    Xavier

    11. What school has the current longest consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance streak?

    Kanas

    12. What are the only 2 schools who in the past have played in the NCAA National Championship game that are now no longer among the 350 or so Division I basketball programs?

    Jacksonville St, CCNY

    Bonus: What is the ONLY school that is currently a member of one of the nine NCAA basketball power conferences that has never made an appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.

    (note: the 9 conferences are: ACC, Big East, American, SEC, Pac-12, Mountain West, Conf. USA, Big Ten, Big 12,)

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Let's Go Huskies!!!

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #11

    8. North Carolina (Duke, Carolina, NC State and Central) and Ohio (OSU, Dayton, Xavier and Cincinatti) I believe are correct, 4 each state.

  • 8. North Carolina (Duke, Carolina, NC State and Central) and Ohio (OSU, Dayton, Xavier and Cincinatti) I believe are correct, 4 each state.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @jrb12711 said:

    8. North Carolina (Duke, Carolina, NC State and Central) and Ohio (OSU, Dayton, Xavier and Cincinatti) I believe are correct, 4 each state.

    Check

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is this weeks Trivia....on the NCAA Tourney (which as of this writing Ohio State has already lost to Dayton). Try your hand:

    1. What school has won the most NCAA Division I basketball championships? UK

    2. Besides the school that is the answer to Q.#1, 7 other schools have won 3 or more NCAA D-I basketball titles. Name the

    UK, Ucla, Duke, N Carolina, Indiana, Kanas, FL, Kanas

    3. Only 3 schools seeded in the tourney at #14 or #15 have ever made the Sweet Sixteen. Name these 3 schools. Hint: one of them made it just last year.

    Witicha St, NC State, VCU,

    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?

    Indiana

    5. Who is the only coach to win an NCAA Championship for 2 different schools?

    Pitino

    6. Four (4) Divsion III schools from Ohio have at some point won the D-III Men's NCAA basketball championship since they started that tourney in 1975. Name these 4 "small" Ohio Schools.

    7. What is the only Division I conference that does not hold a post season tournament?

    Pac10

    8. This year, 2 states are tied with having the most team in this years tournament. Name those 2 states.

    Cali, FLA

    9. Where is the Final Four being held this year?

    Dallas

    10. The following schools in Ohio have in the past made appearances in the Mens D-I NCAA basketball tournament. Point out or highlight those schools that have an all time winning record in the tournament:

    Akron

    Bowling Green

    Cincinnati

    Cleveland St.

    Dayton

    Kent St.

    Miami

    Ohio

    Ohio State

    Toledo

    Xavier

    11. What school has the current longest consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance streak?

    Kanas

    12. What are the only 2 schools who in the past have played in the NCAA National Championship game that are now no longer among the 350 or so Division I basketball programs?

    Jacksonville St, CCNY

    Bonus: What is the ONLY school that is currently a member of one of the nine NCAA basketball power conferences that has never made an appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.

    (note: the 9 conferences are: ACC, Big East, American, SEC, Pac-12, Mountain West, Conf. USA, Big Ten, Big 12,)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @slowburn said:

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this weeks Trivia....on the NCAA Tourney (which as of this writing Ohio State has already lost to Dayton). Try your hand:

    1. What school has won the most NCAA Division I basketball championships? UK NO

    2. Besides the school that is the answer to Q.#1, 7 other schools have won 3 or more NCAA D-I basketball titles. Name the

    UK, Ucla, Duke, N Carolina, Indiana, Kanas, FL, Kanas

    You put UK down here and above. It does go here.....and so does every other one you mention except Florida. They have only two titles.

    3. Only 3 schools seeded in the tourney at #14 or #15 have ever made the Sweet Sixteen. Name these 3 schools. Hint: one of them made it just last year.

    Witicha St, NC State, VCU, None of these are correct. While they may have been low seeds, they weren't that low

    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?

    Indiana NO, Indiana is the last undefeated team....after the tourney. But they are not the last team to enter the tourney undefeated.

    5. Who is the only coach to win an NCAA Championship for 2 different schools?

    Pitino Check

    6. Four (4) Divsion III schools from Ohio have at some point won the D-III Men's NCAA basketball championship since they started that tourney in 1975. Name these 4 "small" Ohio Schools.

    7. What is the only Division I conference that does not hold a post season tournament?

    Pac10

    8. This year, 2 states are tied with having the most team in this years tournament. Name those 2 states.

    Cali, FLA NO

    9. Where is the Final Four being held this year?

    Dallas Check

    10. The following schools in Ohio have in the past made appearances in the Mens D-I NCAA basketball tournament. Point out or highlight those schools that have an all time winning record in the tournament:

    Akron

    Bowling Green

    Cincinnati

    Cleveland St.

    Dayton NO

    Kent St.

    Miami

    Ohio

    Ohio State Check

    Toledo

    Xavier..NO

    11. What school has the current longest consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance streak?

    Kanas Check

    12. What are the only 2 schools who in the past have played in the NCAA National Championship game that are now no longer among the 350 or so Division I basketball programs?

    Jacksonville St, CCNY NO on Jax St. Check on CCNY

    Bonus: What is the ONLY school that is currently a member of one of the nine NCAA basketball power conferences that has never made an appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.

    (note: the 9 conferences are: ACC, Big East, American, SEC, Pac-12, Mountain West, Conf. USA, Big Ten, Big 12,)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Interim Report? Here is what is left that the right answer has not yet been given for:

    3. Besides Florida Gulf Coast and Cleveland St. what other 14 or 15 seed has made the Sweet 16 in tournament history?

    6. Four Ohio Colleges have won the National Championship at the Division III level since that tournament began in 1975. Name the 4 schools.

    10. Which Ohio School besides OSU and Cleveland St. have a winning record in the NCAA tournament all time?

    12. Besides CCNY, what is the only other school that once played in the NCAA National Championship game that is now classified a Division III or NAIA school?

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #15

    10... Cincinatti..

  • 10... Cincinatti..

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mark-o said:

    10... Cincinatti..

    Check

  • Here is this weeks Trivia....on the NCAA Tourney (which as of this writing Ohio State has already lost to Dayton). Try your hand:

    1. What school has won the most NCAA Division I basketball championships?

    2. Besides the school that is the answer to Q.#1, 7 other schools have won 3 or more NCAA D-I basketball titles. Name these 7 schools.

    3. Only 3 schools seeded in the tourney at #14 or #15 have ever made the Sweet Sixteen. Name these 3 schools. Hint: one of them made it just last year.

    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?

    5. Who is the only coach to win an NCAA Championship for 2 different schools?

    6. Four (4) Divsion III schools from Ohio have at some point won the D-III Men's NCAA basketball championship since they started that tourney in 1975. Name these 4 "small" Ohio Schools.

    7. What is the only Division I conference that does not hold a post season tournament?

    8. This year, 2 states are tied with having the most team in this years tournament. Name those 2 states.

    9. Where is the Final Four being held this year?

    10. The following schools in Ohio have in the past made appearances in the Mens D-I NCAA basketball tournament. Point out or highlight those schools that have an all time winning record in the tournament:

    Akron

    Bowling Green

    Cincinnati

    Cleveland St.

    Dayton

    Kent St.

    Miami

    Ohio

    Ohio St.

    Toledo

    Xavier

    11. What school has the current longest consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance streak?

    12. What are the only 2 schools who in the past have played in the NCAA National Championship game that are now no longer among the 350 or so Division I basketball programs?

    Bonus: What is the ONLY school that is currently a member of one of the nine NCAA basketball power conferences that has never made an appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.

    (note: the 9 conferences are: ACC, Big East, American, SEC, Pac-12, Mountain West, Conf. USA, Big Ten, Big 12,)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this weeks Trivia....on the NCAA Tourney (which as of this writing Ohio State has already lost to Dayton). Try your hand:

    Final Answers:

    1. What school has won the most NCAA Division I basketball championships?

    UCLA with 11

    2. Besides the school that is the answer to Q.#1, 7 other schools have won 3 or more NCAA D-I basketball titles. Name these 7 schools.

    Kentucky 8, North Carolina 5, Indiana 5, Duke 4, UConn 3, Kansas 3, Louisville 3

    3. Only 3 schools seeded in the tourney at #14 or #15 have ever made the Sweet Sixteen. Name these 3 schools. Hint: one of them made it just last year.

    1986 Cleveland St. Vikings #14

    1997 UT Chattanooga #14

    2013 Florida Gulf Coast #15

    4. Wichita St. enters the Tourney this year undefeated. What was the last team to to enter the NCAA Tourney undefeated?

    UNLV in 1991 entered at 30-0

    5. Who is the only coach to win an NCAA Championship for 2 different schools?

    Rick Pitino with Kentucky and with Louisville

    6. Four (4) Divsion III schools from Ohio have at some point won the D-III Men's NCAA basketball championship since they started that tourney in 1975. Name these 4 "small" Ohio Schools.

    Wittenberg 1977

    Ohio Wesleyan 1988

    Ohio Northern 1993

    Otterbein 2002

    7. What is the only Division I conference that does not hold a post season tournament?

    The Ivy League

    8. This year, 2 states are tied with having the most team in this years tournament. Name those 2 states.

    Ohio had 4: Ohio St. Dayton, Cincinnati, Xavier

    North Carolina had 4: NC, NCSt., Duke, NC Central

    9. Where is the Final Four being held this year?

    The Cowboy Dome or whatever it is called in Arlington TX.

    10. The following schools in Ohio have in the past made appearances in the Mens D-I NCAA basketball tournament. Point out or highlight those schools that have an all time winning record in the tournament:

    Akron

    Bowling Green

    Cincinnati with now a 43-27 record

    Cleveland St. with a 3-2 record

    Dayton

    Kent St.

    Miami

    Ohio

    Ohio St. with a 48-25 record.

    Toledo

    Xavier

    11. What school has the current longest consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance streak?

    Kansas has been in the tournament now 25 consecutive years. The record is 27 by North Carolina.

    12. What are the only 2 schools who in the past have played in the NCAA National Championship game that are now no longer among the 350 or so Division I basketball programs?

    CCNY won the 1950 NCAA title and are now Div. III

    NYU played for the title in 1945 but are now Div. III

    Bonus: What is the ONLY school that is currently a member of one of the nine NCAA basketball power conferences that has never made an appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament.

    (note: the 9 conferences are: ACC, Big East, American, SEC, Pac-12, Mountain West, Conf. USA, Big Ten, Big 12,)

    Northwestern

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Forgot all about Ohio Wesleyan in '88