Skip to content

Under the Skin

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
8 4 496
  • Don't. Just don't.

    This atrocity of a movie was not worth the admission price - free, since I have unlimited movies (£15 p/m). The plot is thinner than an ethiopian on a juice fast, the sound-track seems designed to keep you awake, because you inevitably will want to drift off. Even seeing Scarlet Johansson naked (but not exactly sexy) on multiple occasions was not enough to keep me remotely interested.

    Spoilers in this review, but it's pretty accurate:

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/under-skin/review/627838

    "...the film provides too little for even relatively adventurous specialized audiences to latch on to, spelling a very limited commercial life."

  • I don't think it's released in the States until 4/4/14. Sounds interesting though. I figure if you hate it I will probably like it.

  • I don't think it's released in the States until 4/4/14. Sounds interesting though. I figure if you hate it I will probably like it.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I don't think it's released in the States until 4/4/14. Sounds interesting though. I figure if you hate it I will probably like it.

    I like the reasoning 😉 But seriously, when I say there was no plot, it was boring, I don't mean in the sense that Expendables for example fulfilled those - at least you could just relax and enjoy the action. This has no action, no plot, and is just awful in every sense.

  • Frankly the description didn't appeal to me very much. I rarely enjoy films described as psycho sexual. Well, of course, unless they are 7 minutes long if you get my drift...

    😮

    WSS

  • According to the cinema listings it's sci-fi horror. This does not match the movie. One jump moment - very constructed, needed the loudness of the cinema to make it happen. If you didn't know the plot, you wouldn't know (though you may guess) aliens were involved until the end.

  • Don't. Just don't.

    This atrocity of a movie was not worth the admission price - free, since I have unlimited movies (£15 p/m). The plot is thinner than an ethiopian on a juice fast, the sound-track seems designed to keep you awake, because you inevitably will want to drift off. Even seeing Scarlet Johansson naked (but not exactly sexy) on multiple occasions was not enough to keep me remotely interested.

    Spoilers in this review, but it's pretty accurate:

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/under-skin/review/627838

    "...the film provides too little for even relatively adventurous specialized audiences to latch on to, spelling a very limited commercial life."

    @gftchris said:

    Don't. Just don't.

    This atrocity of a movie was not worth the admission price - free, since I have unlimited movies (£15 p/m). The plot is thinner than an ethiopian on a juice fast, the sound-track seems designed to keep you awake, because you inevitably will want to drift off. Even seeing Scarlet Johansson naked (but not exactly sexy) on multiple occasions was not enough to keep me remotely interested.

    Spoilers in this review, but it's pretty accurate:

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/under-skin/review/627838

    "...the film provides too little for even relatively adventurous specialized audiences to latch on to, spelling a very limited commercial life."

    Sorry. I have never heard of the movie but when you said "Scarlett Johansen naked" that is all I need to want to go see it. 😍

    By the way, will they bother to even show "Draft Day" in the UK, considering the subject is not a big deal over there like it is here?

  • @gftchris said:

    Don't. Just don't.

    This atrocity of a movie was not worth the admission price - free, since I have unlimited movies (£15 p/m). The plot is thinner than an ethiopian on a juice fast, the sound-track seems designed to keep you awake, because you inevitably will want to drift off. Even seeing Scarlet Johansson naked (but not exactly sexy) on multiple occasions was not enough to keep me remotely interested.

    Spoilers in this review, but it's pretty accurate:

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/under-skin/review/627838

    "...the film provides too little for even relatively adventurous specialized audiences to latch on to, spelling a very limited commercial life."

    Sorry. I have never heard of the movie but when you said "Scarlett Johansen naked" that is all I need to want to go see it. 😍

    By the way, will they bother to even show "Draft Day" in the UK, considering the subject is not a big deal over there like it is here?

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry. I have never heard of the movie but when you said "Scarlett Johansen naked" that is all I need to want to go see it. 😍

    By the way, will they bother to even show "Draft Day" in the UK, considering the subject is not a big deal over there like it is here?

    Doesn't look like it. I guess I'll be 'obtaining' it some other way then.

  • Maybe one of those sites that features the psycho sexual 7 minute presentations.... Perhaps Cleveland Browns xxx!

    WSS