Skip to content

How Bout This Guy?

The Browns Board
24 14 1.3k
  • Pro Bowl Guard Evan Mathis placed on trade block by Eagles.....

    Shall we ? Its a need ....

  • Will be 33 years old this season. Still has 3 years left on a 5 year deal worth 25 million. He will be owed 5.5 million this year and wants more. No thanks.

  • He's 32 years old, but I'd say if the price is right and he'd renegotiate his contract, it'd be worth a look.

  • He's looking for more, not less - that's why they're trading him, I thought.

  • He's looking for more, not less - that's why they're trading him, I thought.

    @gftchris said:

    He's looking for more, not less - that's why they're trading him, I thought.

    ^^^^ exactly

  • @gftchris said:

    He's looking for more, not less - that's why they're trading him, I thought.

    ^^^^ exactly

    @nuckin-futz said:

    ^^^^ exactly

    Then I agree, no thanks. We can address the position in the draft.

  • @nuckin-futz said:

    ^^^^ exactly

    Then I agree, no thanks. We can address the position in the draft.

    @osiris said:

    Then I agree, no thanks. We can address the position in the draft.

    Agreed. Plenty of options in the draft.

  • The board has spoken.

  • Darren, I hope you don't mind, but we get so many of these threads, I am going to turn this into a "How Bout This Guy?" thread.

    Dolphins want to trade Mike Wallace. Discuss.

    Zombo

  • Darren, I hope you don't mind, but we get so many of these threads, I am going to turn this into a "How Bout This Guy?" thread.

    Dolphins want to trade Mike Wallace. Discuss.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Darren, I hope you don't mind, but we get so many of these threads, I am going to turn this into a "How Bout This Guy?" thread.

    Dolphins want to trade Mike Wallace. Discuss.

    Zombo

    I'll go first ... even if the pinhead's ego could wrap around being a #2 in Cleveland ... his contract is obscene, no?

    I think Dolphins are stuck with him.

    Zombo

  • No way on Wallace, contract is way to big for quality of play. Mathis on the other hand is interesting, he will go to a contender on a 1 year deal...Browns are not there yet...

  • Definite pass on Wallace. Typical clown who gets a huge deal and his play and desire to win goes WAY down

  • Again I am hoping that Mitchell Schwartz can succeed at guard like Ryan Tucker did after being moved from tackle.

    WSS

  • No way on Wallace, contract is way to big for quality of play. Mathis on the other hand is interesting, he will go to a contender on a 1 year deal...Browns are not there yet...

    @cleinchi said:

    No way on Wallace, contract is way to big for quality of play. Mathis on the other hand is interesting, he will go to a contender on a 1 year deal...Browns are not there yet...

    He already has 3 years left on his current deal. Why would he sign a 1 year deal? (Unless the Eagles cut him, which would be stupid) Your thoughts?

  • @cleinchi said:

    No way on Wallace, contract is way to big for quality of play. Mathis on the other hand is interesting, he will go to a contender on a 1 year deal...Browns are not there yet...

    He already has 3 years left on his current deal. Why would he sign a 1 year deal? (Unless the Eagles cut him, which would be stupid) Your thoughts?

    @nuckin-futz said:

    He already has 3 years left on his current deal. Why would he sign a 1 year deal? (Unless the Eagles cut him, which would be stupid) Your thoughts?

    If he wants out that badly, he might restructure his contract to get a team to bite - they may not want to take on a 32/33 y/o guard with $15m and three years left on his contract.

  • Darren, I hope you don't mind, but we get so many of these threads, I am going to turn this into a "How Bout This Guy?" thread.

    Dolphins want to trade Mike Wallace. Discuss.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Darren, I hope you don't mind, but we get so many of these threads, I am going to turn this into a "How Bout This Guy?" thread.

    Dolphins want to trade Mike Wallace. Discuss.

    Zombo

    lol I think we've had enough of trading for Dolphins recievers.

  • @cleinchi said:

    No way on Wallace, contract is way to big for quality of play. Mathis on the other hand is interesting, he will go to a contender on a 1 year deal...Browns are not there yet...

    He already has 3 years left on his current deal. Why would he sign a 1 year deal? (Unless the Eagles cut him, which would be stupid) Your thoughts?

    @nuckin-futz said:

    He already has 3 years left on his current deal. Why would he sign a 1 year deal? (Unless the Eagles cut him, which would be stupid) Your thoughts?

    Well I was wrong on that, for some reason I was looking at it as if the Eagles were going to cut him, which there is no indication that will happen. Getting traded and negotiating a 1 year wouldn't make sense to him either.

  • Titans RB Chris Johnson released

  • Titans RB Chris Johnson released

    Zombo said:

    Titans RB Chris Johnson released

    he's the poster child next to haynesworth for getting paid and then laying down.

  • Titans RB Chris Johnson released

    Zombo said:

    Titans RB Chris Johnson released

    Will want to be paid huge. No thanks with Tate on board. Bengals or especially Ravens may be interested- cut Rice, pick up Johnson.