Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Draft Video - Big Board

Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Draft Video - Big Board

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
2014 nfl draftfootball gameplanbig board rankingsdraft prospectsbrowns
8 Posts 4 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • EmDiggy E
    • 201 Posts
    • 12 Reputation
    E EmDiggy wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://footballgameplan.com/2014-nfl-draft-big-board-rankings/

    Good morning Browns fans! Here's my '14 NFL Draft Big Board rankings

    Enjoy!

    Em

    I am in charge of me! www.footballgameplan.com www.youtube.com/footballgameplan
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 30k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Opening comment: Development done at college; when go to pros "you are what you are".
      While I do think that play habits are engrained deeply, the comment is too general to withstand scrutiny.
      First, there is physical development. While any rookie can mature physically, get stronger in his first couple years as a pro, this is especially true of underclassmen in the draft, position players and players from smaller schools that tend to lack the strength and conditioning staffs of the larger schools.
      Second, the attention to detail and sheer number of reps at the pro level offer the opportunity to enhance techniques at all positions albeit, IMO, more in the less skilled O and D-line positions than in the highly skilled positions headed by QB.

      Top 36 list:
      To say that this list is Em's own is an understatement.
      My eyes popped seeing Gabe Jackson at #2, then fell out upon spying my 5th round sleeper, Tyler Lawson (C, Utah) at #16.
      Then there are the 1st Round omissions... no Xavier Su'a, no Eric Ebron and no Bortles, who is on his 3rd round list.

      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
      E 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Comeonman ComeonmanC Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
        • 2k Posts
        • 359 Reputation
        ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I'll have to go back in a year or two and look at it again. This is completely insane, or ingenious. I'm leaning toward insane

        Harry BuffaloH 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Tour2maT Tour2ma

          Opening comment: Development done at college; when go to pros "you are what you are".
          While I do think that play habits are engrained deeply, the comment is too general to withstand scrutiny.
          First, there is physical development. While any rookie can mature physically, get stronger in his first couple years as a pro, this is especially true of underclassmen in the draft, position players and players from smaller schools that tend to lack the strength and conditioning staffs of the larger schools.
          Second, the attention to detail and sheer number of reps at the pro level offer the opportunity to enhance techniques at all positions albeit, IMO, more in the less skilled O and D-line positions than in the highly skilled positions headed by QB.

          Top 36 list:
          To say that this list is Em's own is an understatement.
          My eyes popped seeing Gabe Jackson at #2, then fell out upon spying my 5th round sleeper, Tyler Lawson (C, Utah) at #16.
          Then there are the 1st Round omissions... no Xavier Su'a, no Eric Ebron and no Bortles, who is on his 3rd round list.

          EmDiggy E
          • 201 Posts
          • 12 Reputation
          E EmDiggy wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @tour2ma said:

          Opening comment: Development done at college; when go to pros "you are what you are".

          While I do think that play habits are engrained deeply, the comment is too general to withstand scrutiny.

          First, there is physical development. While any rookie can mature physically, get stronger in his first couple years as a pro, this is especially true of underclassmen in the draft, position players and players from smaller schools that tend to lack the strength and conditioning staffs of the larger schools.

          Second, the attention to detail and sheer number of reps at the pro level offer the opportunity to enhance techniques at all positions albeit, IMO, more in the less skilled O and D-line positions than in the highly skilled positions headed by QB.

          Top 36 list:

          To say that this list is Em's own is an understatement.

          My eyes popped seeing Gabe Jackson at #2, then fell out upon spying my 5th round sleeper, Tyler Lawson (C, Utah) at #16.

          Then there are the 1st Round omissions... no Xavier Su'a, no Eric Ebron and no Bortles, who is on his 3rd round list.

          Physical Development isn't the same as Skill/Talent development. Also, honing is different than developing. Skills get honed while technique gets developed

          @comeonman said:

          I'll have to go back in a year or two and look at it again. This is completely insane, or ingenious. I'm leaning toward insane

          Why because its original thoughts that's not the same parroted info that you'll find out there?

          I am in charge of me! www.footballgameplan.com www.youtube.com/footballgameplan
          Tour2maT ComeonmanC 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • E EmDiggy

            @tour2ma said:

            Opening comment: Development done at college; when go to pros "you are what you are".

            While I do think that play habits are engrained deeply, the comment is too general to withstand scrutiny.

            First, there is physical development. While any rookie can mature physically, get stronger in his first couple years as a pro, this is especially true of underclassmen in the draft, position players and players from smaller schools that tend to lack the strength and conditioning staffs of the larger schools.

            Second, the attention to detail and sheer number of reps at the pro level offer the opportunity to enhance techniques at all positions albeit, IMO, more in the less skilled O and D-line positions than in the highly skilled positions headed by QB.

            Top 36 list:

            To say that this list is Em's own is an understatement.

            My eyes popped seeing Gabe Jackson at #2, then fell out upon spying my 5th round sleeper, Tyler Lawson (C, Utah) at #16.

            Then there are the 1st Round omissions... no Xavier Su'a, no Eric Ebron and no Bortles, who is on his 3rd round list.

            Physical Development isn't the same as Skill/Talent development. Also, honing is different than developing. Skills get honed while technique gets developed

            @comeonman said:

            I'll have to go back in a year or two and look at it again. This is completely insane, or ingenious. I'm leaning toward insane

            Why because its original thoughts that's not the same parroted info that you'll find out there?

            Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
            • 30k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @emdiggy said:

            Physical Development isn't the same as Skill/Talent development. Also, honing is different than developing. Skills get honed while technique gets developed

            Agree on first point, but think "honing/ developing" and "skill/ talent" differences are really just semantics at best separated by degree.

            On my physical development comment what I was going for (poorly) was that physical development can permit technique to come out, e.g., more likely for an OT to fend off a rusher off with added upper body development.

            List-wise... I was pleased to see so many of my sleepers so prominent on your list. As mentioned I love Larsen just surprised to see someone else love him even more than I.

            "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
            E 1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • Tour2maT Tour2ma

              @emdiggy said:

              Physical Development isn't the same as Skill/Talent development. Also, honing is different than developing. Skills get honed while technique gets developed

              Agree on first point, but think "honing/ developing" and "skill/ talent" differences are really just semantics at best separated by degree.

              On my physical development comment what I was going for (poorly) was that physical development can permit technique to come out, e.g., more likely for an OT to fend off a rusher off with added upper body development.

              List-wise... I was pleased to see so many of my sleepers so prominent on your list. As mentioned I love Larsen just surprised to see someone else love him even more than I.

              EmDiggy E
              • 201 Posts
              • 12 Reputation
              E EmDiggy wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @tour2ma said:

              Agree on first point, but think "honing/ developing" and "skill/ talent" differences are really just semantics at best separated by degree.

              On my physical development comment what I was going for (poorly) was that physical development can permit technique to come out, e.g., more likely for an OT to fend off a rusher off with added upper body development.

              List-wise... I was pleased to see so many of my sleepers so prominent on your list. As mentioned I love Larsen just surprised to see someone else love him even more than I.

              Thanks! Big fan of Larsen's game! I do see your point about an early entry prospect still having room for development, albeit a short window but still can grow a little

              I am in charge of me! www.footballgameplan.com www.youtube.com/footballgameplan
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • E EmDiggy

                @tour2ma said:

                Opening comment: Development done at college; when go to pros "you are what you are".

                While I do think that play habits are engrained deeply, the comment is too general to withstand scrutiny.

                First, there is physical development. While any rookie can mature physically, get stronger in his first couple years as a pro, this is especially true of underclassmen in the draft, position players and players from smaller schools that tend to lack the strength and conditioning staffs of the larger schools.

                Second, the attention to detail and sheer number of reps at the pro level offer the opportunity to enhance techniques at all positions albeit, IMO, more in the less skilled O and D-line positions than in the highly skilled positions headed by QB.

                Top 36 list:

                To say that this list is Em's own is an understatement.

                My eyes popped seeing Gabe Jackson at #2, then fell out upon spying my 5th round sleeper, Tyler Lawson (C, Utah) at #16.

                Then there are the 1st Round omissions... no Xavier Su'a, no Eric Ebron and no Bortles, who is on his 3rd round list.

                Physical Development isn't the same as Skill/Talent development. Also, honing is different than developing. Skills get honed while technique gets developed

                @comeonman said:

                I'll have to go back in a year or two and look at it again. This is completely insane, or ingenious. I'm leaning toward insane

                Why because its original thoughts that's not the same parroted info that you'll find out there?

                Comeonman ComeonmanC Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 2k Posts
                • 359 Reputation
                ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @emdiggy said:

                Physical Development isn't the same as Skill/Talent development. Also, honing is different than developing. Skills get honed while technique gets developed

                Why because its original thoughts that's not the same parroted info that you'll find out there?

                It definetly is original. Jackson as the number two player in the draft? That's about as original as it gets. And it's much less parroted info than it is my personal preference, I do watch college football quite a bit (possibly not as much as you). I see players on your board in the 25 range I would have in the top ten. But hey, like I said, I will definitely look back at this in a couple of years
                1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • ComeonmanC Comeonman

                  I'll have to go back in a year or two and look at it again. This is completely insane, or ingenious. I'm leaning toward insane

                  Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 241 Reputation
                  Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @comeonman said:

                  I'll have to go back in a year or two and look at it again. This is completely insane, or ingenious. I'm leaning toward insane

                  @emdiggy said:

                  http://footballgameplan.com/2014-nfl-draft-big-board-rankings/

                  Good morning Browns fans! Here's my '14 NFL Draft Big Board rankings

                  Enjoy!

                  Em

                  I enjoy this. I think that you are going to see a lot of people from here and from other team boards saying that you have no idea what your doing, but lets be honest, not every teams board is representative of what we see in the media. I'm sure most teams boards look a lot like yours, where they have alot of people that the media thinks is 3/4 round talent with 1st round grades and several guys who have 1st round grades in the media setting there with mid to late round grades. The reason we normally see selections come out along what we see in the medias big board is because every teams big board is different.

                  There ARE teams out there that have Bortles as a third round pick, while I am also sure that there are still teams out there that have Bridgewater as the #1 overall play in the draft. But at the same time I am also just as certain that there are teams that have those players reversed. Or teams who don't have a first round grade on ANY QB. Its going to be different team by team and I think emdiggy's big board is representative of this.

                  Ruining threads since 1897.
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  Theme
                  • System
                  • Light
                  • Dark
                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Forums
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Donate