Noah
-
It looks truly horrible but its not getting terrible reviews
-
i read the book and wasn't impressed.
(kidding diehard).
can't we all have a smoke and a laugh?
-
Psst. Diehard, I hate to break it to you, but the director of the film is an atheist, and he reportedly described it as "the least Biblical movie ever made."
-
Dang it Vapor. You would fuck up a wet dream. It's probably the worst movie ever, but I wanted to get Woody all riled up.
-
hard to tell. The director Aronofsky did Black Swan but he also did the wrestler.
and whether or not he's an atheist remember that miracle on 34th Street is a great movie though I doubt the director believed in Santa Claus.
WSS
-
Sorry to be the wet blanket.Anyways, the film's got a pretty good score on rotten tomatoes 76%. I've seen it get panned and lauded in reviews by both staunch atheists and Christians. I'd say it's probably worth a look.
-
The only thing I am interested in is will it be entertaining.
-
saw it yesterday. Working on the review now.
WSS
-
Director A nailed The Wrestler. He understands the human condition and transfers it to film in a meaningful way.
Not so sure I'll be on line to watch the ark. err, make that noah
sounds bloody preposterous to me.
Black Swan done very well also. Edgy, subliminal erotic overtures make this a great date movie for all dirty , nasty girls.
-
A fantastic movie that should be awarded numerous academy awards. It brings the word to the people of the Bible. Fantastic movie. And fuck you peckerhead and all the other athetists.
A fantastic movie that should be awarded numerous academy awards. It brings the word to the people of the Bible. Fantastic movie. And fuck you peckerhead and all the other athetists.
Except it seems to be "fundamentalists" that are the biggest critics of the movie because it veers to a great extent from some of the details in the biblical version.
Example, in the bible, Noah's sons are all three married with wives. In the movie only Shem has a woman, the Emma Watson character, and they are not married even, I don't think. Ham has no wife, and Japheth is just a young boy.
Further example: There is no stowaway on the Ark in the Bible. In the movie Jubal Cain stows away.
In the Bible, Noah talks to God just one time. Not numerous times as in the movie. God sure did not tell Noah to kill children as he was planning to do.
Then there were the Watchers. Nothing like them appears in the Noah account in the Bible, but I understand they do appear in the Book of Enoch.
I guess the point is, if the movie stuck strictly with the Biblical version, there would be no movie. The movie had to create 'non biblical" storylines for the purpose of creating conflict plot devices.
-

-

I agree with most of this except the following:
A There is nowhere in the Biblical account where Noah was inviting people into the Ark. Only he, his wife, his 3 sons and their wives were invited.
B. There were "Watchers" in the Bible, in Enoch, but I don't know that they interacted with Noah. What form they took, no one knows...Rock Monsters are probably as good a guess as any.
C. It is a fictionalized version of a story...the key word being story. There was probably a great flood somewhere in history...possibly around the Black Sea and there are many versions of the legend and myth of the flood. The Biblical story is just one of them.
-
I'm guessing that Mashable is one of the sources here. Keep in mind, kiddies, that we are only speculating that these might have been a rock monsters. From what is actually written they could have just as easily looked like Davy Crockett or Captain Jean Luc Picard.
if, in fact, they had anything whatsoever to do with the story of Noah. Which is nowhere in evidence.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login