Nate Burleson SIGNED
-
he was Bess' running dawg until he (Bess) was committed to the loony bin
-
-
Once again, depth and veteran signing. We are still going to grab a WR between rounds 1-3. This doesn't mean anything.
-
Signed 1 year deal.
-
1 yr deal
More depth for WR
May not take Watkins now with 4
Overhauling receivers at this point.but hes proven at least
-
I like it. Prefer him over Little.
-
He'll hopefully do what Bess was SUPPOSED to do.
-
yawn.
put the pen down farmer.
-
I don't agree and love what this group is doing. They looked at our crop of WR's and said "Crap! We've got only one worth a damn, let's keep Josh, move Little to a back-up WR, forget/cut the rest, pick up a new slot receiver and another back-up WR in FA, and draft our starting WR#2. This FO wants to make sure we have a solid, competitive team while still building for the future. If Watkins is there at 4, we will have changed the second weakest part of the team into a real strength. And it wouldn't surprise me if they drafted two WR's in May. Go Browns!
-
Littles replacement. Works for me.
-
As for the love for Josh Cooper, there aren't many white skill position players. Quarterback, offense of line...
Are we pretending that has nothing to do with it?
WSS
-
It never hurts to have vet leadership, but hell I wouldn't even be surprised if the guy doesn't make the final cuts. Some people are acting like we signed this guy to be a #1 WR or something. As much as I dislike Little maybe some vet competition might finally get his ass into form. Let's just not throw this guy a pizza party to welcome him on the team..
-
Good signing. From what I am reading about him from Lions fans he is a good leader and will only help your young WR's.
-
I do no think this does anything to change up their draft (I was never sold on them picking Watkins at #4) I think they will draft one in the first three rounds (I know that I am really going out on a limb there) - one of the guys I really like in the 3rd round is Martavis Bryant from Clemson, tall- fast but needs some development work. If we end up waiting until the later rounds I am also a big fan of Josh Huff from Oregon and Devin Street from Pitt in the 4/5th round. Either way Burleson will provide some solid veteran/ leadership to help develop this young squad of WR and should not prevent us from drafting a WR.
-
... people are still on that Josh Cooper bandwagon huh? AWESOME!
sincerely,
Play Cribbs at RB/S/QB, Carlton Mitchel's upside, and Colt McCoy is a starting QB
-
Typical Cleveland...sign an aging,often injured vet on the cheap when we have a draft in front of us,loaded at WR...typical dumb Cleveland.
Typical Cleveland...sign an aging,often injured vet on the cheap when we have a draft in front of us,loaded at WR...typical dumb Cleveland.
I don't know Nick....Pettine has said we wants a few more veterans on the team. Unless you want to call Little the veteran of the receiver room, we probably needed to add one.
-
Typical Cleveland...sign an aging,often injured vet on the cheap when we have a draft in front of us,loaded at WR...typical dumb Cleveland.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login