Skip to content

Nate Burleson SIGNED

The Browns Board
71 29 3.6k
  • I heard there is a standout punter from North-East Wyoming State to be had in the 7th round by the name of Maury Goldengreenbergovitz.

  • oi vay.

    put down the pen now farmer until may.

    great vet leadership. ok. couldn't we just hire someone to come here and do that with better creds. someone retired.

    oh wait! i must be thinking of a coach.

  • @westside-steve said:

    As for the love for Josh Cooper, there aren't many white skill position players. Quarterback, offense of line...

    Are we pretending that has nothing to do with it?

    WSS

    I don't think so. Subliminally perhaps.

    Maybe we can scour the UFA lists for the best Jewish receiver, or the best Native American receiver.

    (unfortunately for the Hispanic receivers, they got Aaron Hernadez on their list)

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think so. Subliminally perhaps.

    Maybe we can scour the UFA lists for the best Jewish receiver, or the best Native American receiver.

    (unfortunately for the Hispanic receivers, they go Aaron Hernadez on their list)

    nope, and there's nothing evil about it. I think white guys just tend to root for the rare white guy playing the game if he's OK. I think black guys might tend to root for a black quarterback since they seem to be rare, well not as much they had been but you know what I mean. Paul Simon says that used Joe DiMaggio in his song because the name fit but his favorite player was Sandy Koufax. Why? Because he is one of the few Jewish ball players. It's a matter of familiarity not racism.

    I often root for the Irish guy. So does Zombo. Not a big deal Gipper.

    WSS

  • @bbedward said:

    Because Burlesons 1 year deal means we won't draft a receiver?

    Exactly. We added an 11yr proven vet, and we got him for 1 year. Nothing motivates players like playing on the last year of their contract, even vets. He'll add depth on the field, and leadership in the locker room. Is he our long term answer at WR? Of course not. But teams are made up with all sorts of players, all with differing responsibilities and Nate fills one of those roles............... Signing him, or not signing, him will make no difference in what we will do in the draft regarding a WR.

    @d-bone said:

    Exactly. We added an 11yr proven vet, and we got him for 1 year. Nothing motivates players like playing on the last year of their contract, even vets. He'll add depth on the field, and leadership in the locker room. Is he our long term answer at WR? Of course not. But teams are made up with all sorts of players, all with differing responsibilities and Nate fills one of those roles............... Signing him, or not signing, him will make no difference in what we will do in the draft regarding a WR.

    Money and a great WR coach can motivate players...if you need an aging vet to motivate you...you shouldnt be on the team.

  • @d-bone said:

    Exactly. We added an 11yr proven vet, and we got him for 1 year. Nothing motivates players like playing on the last year of their contract, even vets. He'll add depth on the field, and leadership in the locker room. Is he our long term answer at WR? Of course not. But teams are made up with all sorts of players, all with differing responsibilities and Nate fills one of those roles............... Signing him, or not signing, him will make no difference in what we will do in the draft regarding a WR.

    Money and a great WR coach can motivate players...if you need an aging vet to motivate you...you shouldnt be on the team.

    @nickers said:

    Money and a great WR coach can motivate players...if you need an aging vet to motivate you...you shouldnt be on the team.

    No team has 53 Pro Bowlers. I'm going to side with Farmer on this one, and not with you.

  • @nickers said:

    Money and a great WR coach can motivate players...if you need an aging vet to motivate you...you shouldnt be on the team.

    No team has 53 Pro Bowlers. I'm going to side with Farmer on this one, and not with you.

    @d-bone said:

    No team has 53 Pro Bowlers. I'm going to side with Farmer on this one, and not with you.

    I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

  • @d-bone said:

    No team has 53 Pro Bowlers. I'm going to side with Farmer on this one, and not with you.

    I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

    @nickers said:

    I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

    We have been "saving a few dollars" for years, and that sure has worked well. Not an area of need?? Our WR core was one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL last year (yea, yea, Gordon, I know, I'm talking the entire WR core) and has been for years. Nate led the NFL last year in catches vs targets at 73%.

    From Farmer:

    "We added Nate because we believe he can play like a Brown, with the added veteran presence that can help young players reach their potential," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said. "He's a pro's pro. He’s the quality-character person that understands the NFL from all angles and sides.
    "He can play, which is evident in his beginning to last season prior to missing time, with production and value. He will improve our roster and overall competition at the wide-receiver position."
  • @nickers said:

    I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

    We have been "saving a few dollars" for years, and that sure has worked well. Not an area of need?? Our WR core was one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL last year (yea, yea, Gordon, I know, I'm talking the entire WR core) and has been for years. Nate led the NFL last year in catches vs targets at 73%.

    From Farmer:

    "We added Nate because we believe he can play like a Brown, with the added veteran presence that can help young players reach their potential," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said. "He's a pro's pro. He’s the quality-character person that understands the NFL from all angles and sides.
    "He can play, which is evident in his beginning to last season prior to missing time, with production and value. He will improve our roster and overall competition at the wide-receiver position."

    @d-bone said:

    We have been "saving a few dollars" for years, and that sure has worked well. Not an area of need?? Our WR core was one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL last year (yea, yea, Gordon, I know, I'm talking the entire WR core) and has been for years. Nate led the NFL last year in catches vs targets at 73%.

    From Farmer:

    "We added Nate because we believe he can play like a Brown, with the added veteran presence that can help young players reach their potential," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said. "He's a pro's pro. He’s the quality-character person that understands the NFL from all angles and sides.
    "He can play, which is evident in his beginning to last season prior to missing time, with production and value. He will improve our roster and overall competition at the wide-receiver position."

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

  • @d-bone said:

    We have been "saving a few dollars" for years, and that sure has worked well. Not an area of need?? Our WR core was one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL last year (yea, yea, Gordon, I know, I'm talking the entire WR core) and has been for years. Nate led the NFL last year in catches vs targets at 73%.

    From Farmer:

    "We added Nate because we believe he can play like a Brown, with the added veteran presence that can help young players reach their potential," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said. "He's a pro's pro. He’s the quality-character person that understands the NFL from all angles and sides.
    "He can play, which is evident in his beginning to last season prior to missing time, with production and value. He will improve our roster and overall competition at the wide-receiver position."

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    @nickers said:

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    Agreed 100%. He's had more chances than anyone deserves, and he has proven to be what he is. A below average WR, and that's being kind.

  • little is the last on the list of bums below gordon that should be cut.

    i mean who's charles johnson and vernon cooper??

    never heard of them.

    and there are definitely gonna be 2 more cuts after we draft 2 WRs.

  • @nickers said:

    I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

    We have been "saving a few dollars" for years, and that sure has worked well. Not an area of need?? Our WR core was one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL last year (yea, yea, Gordon, I know, I'm talking the entire WR core) and has been for years. Nate led the NFL last year in catches vs targets at 73%.

    From Farmer:

    "We added Nate because we believe he can play like a Brown, with the added veteran presence that can help young players reach their potential," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said. "He's a pro's pro. He’s the quality-character person that understands the NFL from all angles and sides.
    "He can play, which is evident in his beginning to last season prior to missing time, with production and value. He will improve our roster and overall competition at the wide-receiver position."

    I like the "play like a Brown comment. I love the idea of a clear culture that Pettine is working towards.

    @d-bone said:

    We have been "saving a few dollars" for years, and that sure has worked well. Not an area of need?? Our WR core was one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL last year (yea, yea, Gordon, I know, I'm talking the entire WR core) and has been for years. Nate led the NFL last year in catches vs targets at 73%.

    From Farmer:

    "We added Nate because we believe he can play like a Brown, with the added veteran presence that can help young players reach their potential," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said. "He's a pro's pro. Hes the quality-character person that understands the NFL from all angles and sides.

    "He can play, which is evident in his beginning to last season prior to missing time, with production and value. He will improve our roster and overall competition at the wide-receiver position."

  • @nickers said:

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    Agreed 100%. He's had more chances than anyone deserves, and he has proven to be what he is. A below average WR, and that's being kind.

    @d-bone said:

    Agreed 100%. He's had more chances than anyone deserves, and he has proven to be what he is. A below average WR, and that's being kind.

    He's had his 3 year window...time to can his worthless ass.

  • @d-bone said:

    No team has 53 Pro Bowlers. I'm going to side with Farmer on this one, and not with you.

    I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

    @nickers said:

    I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

    We didn't really need to save the money on this one. A vet who can catch for pretty cheap and 1 year.

    He just needs to start ordering delivery. Or I forgot he got a year supply of digiornos.

  • @d-bone said:

    Agreed 100%. He's had more chances than anyone deserves, and he has proven to be what he is. A below average WR, and that's being kind.

    He's had his 3 year window...time to can his worthless ass.

    @nickers said:

    He's had his 3 year window...time to can his worthless ass.

    it took you longer to learn how to talk. did your parents put you in a basket outside a church?

  • I like the signing. I don't think it changes the draft at all, but adds a much needed & solid veteran presence at WR.

    Mike

  • @d-bone said:

    We have been "saving a few dollars" for years, and that sure has worked well. Not an area of need?? Our WR core was one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL last year (yea, yea, Gordon, I know, I'm talking the entire WR core) and has been for years. Nate led the NFL last year in catches vs targets at 73%.

    From Farmer:

    "We added Nate because we believe he can play like a Brown, with the added veteran presence that can help young players reach their potential," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said. "He's a pro's pro. He’s the quality-character person that understands the NFL from all angles and sides.
    "He can play, which is evident in his beginning to last season prior to missing time, with production and value. He will improve our roster and overall competition at the wide-receiver position."

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    @nickers said:

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    Havent you heard?? He would make a good project while taking up roster space to convert to a RB or a TE or a CB or a Safety.............Please insert heavy sarcasm here. I get so sick of reading that shit about little I could puke. He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

  • @nickers said:

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    Havent you heard?? He would make a good project while taking up roster space to convert to a RB or a TE or a CB or a Safety.............Please insert heavy sarcasm here. I get so sick of reading that shit about little I could puke. He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

    @jcam222 said:

    He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

    Damn funny

  • @nickers said:

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    Havent you heard?? He would make a good project while taking up roster space to convert to a RB or a TE or a CB or a Safety.............Please insert heavy sarcasm here. I get so sick of reading that shit about little I could puke. He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

    @jcam222 said:

    Havent you heard?? He would make a good project while taking up roster space to convert to a RB or a TE or a CB or a Safety.............Please insert heavy sarcasm here. I get so sick of reading that shit about little I could puke. He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

    that's why you take evans @4.

    bonafide megatron w/beast mode.

  • @mike-h said:

    Burleson could end up being the best signing this offseason.

    One year contract, probably cheap, and guys are bitching?