Skip to content

Nate Burleson SIGNED

The Browns Board
71 29 3.6k
  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #56

    I like the signing. I don't think it changes the draft at all, but adds a much needed & solid veteran presence at WR.

    Mike

  • @d-bone said:

    We have been "saving a few dollars" for years, and that sure has worked well. Not an area of need?? Our WR core was one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL last year (yea, yea, Gordon, I know, I'm talking the entire WR core) and has been for years. Nate led the NFL last year in catches vs targets at 73%.

    From Farmer:

    "We added Nate because we believe he can play like a Brown, with the added veteran presence that can help young players reach their potential," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said. "He's a pro's pro. He’s the quality-character person that understands the NFL from all angles and sides.
    "He can play, which is evident in his beginning to last season prior to missing time, with production and value. He will improve our roster and overall competition at the wide-receiver position."

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @nickers said:

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    Havent you heard?? He would make a good project while taking up roster space to convert to a RB or a TE or a CB or a Safety.............Please insert heavy sarcasm here. I get so sick of reading that shit about little I could puke. He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

  • @nickers said:

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    Havent you heard?? He would make a good project while taking up roster space to convert to a RB or a TE or a CB or a Safety.............Please insert heavy sarcasm here. I get so sick of reading that shit about little I could puke. He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @jcam222 said:

    He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

    Damn funny

  • @nickers said:

    If the browns release Little,then I'm all for it..wich I'm surprised that hasnt happened yet.

    Havent you heard?? He would make a good project while taking up roster space to convert to a RB or a TE or a CB or a Safety.............Please insert heavy sarcasm here. I get so sick of reading that shit about little I could puke. He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @jcam222 said:

    Havent you heard?? He would make a good project while taking up roster space to convert to a RB or a TE or a CB or a Safety.............Please insert heavy sarcasm here. I get so sick of reading that shit about little I could puke. He might make a good shoe..............................you know with my foot up his ass booting him out the door.

    that's why you take evans @4.

    bonafide megatron w/beast mode.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @mike-h said:

    Burleson could end up being the best signing this offseason.

    One year contract, probably cheap, and guys are bitching?

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @mike-h said:

    He picked Cleveland over Miami, which should make him a hero if he plays even marginally well.

    So did Ray Farmer. We are building an team of Anti-Lebrons, taking their talents to North beach.

    Zombo

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    This signing is great. The only thing we were missing in our WR corp more than talent, was a veteran who could:

    A - Mentor the young guys

    B - Be trusted on 3rd down, and in big-time situations

    Gordon / Hawkins / Burleson / Benjamin ... we're getting there

  • @d-bone said:

    No team has 53 Pro Bowlers. I'm going to side with Farmer on this one, and not with you.

    I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @nickers said:

    I dont expect this team to have 53 pro bowlers..I like Burleson as a WR..I just think we couldve saved a few dollars....It was not something we needed.

    I think you underestimate veteran leadership. Before some of these guy were brought in, we lacked that, especially in the receiver meeting room.

  • I like the "play like a Brown comment. I love the idea of a clear culture that Pettine is working towards.

    @d-bone said:

    We have been "saving a few dollars" for years, and that sure has worked well. Not an area of need?? Our WR core was one of the worst, if not the worst in the NFL last year (yea, yea, Gordon, I know, I'm talking the entire WR core) and has been for years. Nate led the NFL last year in catches vs targets at 73%.

    From Farmer:

    "We added Nate because we believe he can play like a Brown, with the added veteran presence that can help young players reach their potential," Browns general manager Ray Farmer said. "He's a pro's pro. Hes the quality-character person that understands the NFL from all angles and sides.

    "He can play, which is evident in his beginning to last season prior to missing time, with production and value. He will improve our roster and overall competition at the wide-receiver position."

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @cvcanedy said:

    I like the "play like a Brown comment. I love the idea of a clear culture that Pettine is working towards.

    "Clear Culture"? What? Is he a Scientologist?

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #65

    How much cap space do we still have? Are you writting the checks? Then I don't understand why people are complaining about a one year deal that likely isn't even worth that much to bring in a guy who is a proven leader and productive WR. He had what, 500 yards receiving when he played only half a season last year? Even if he drops off, like I expect he will, he is going to be a positive presence and a good contributor.

  • tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #66

    He's certainly not going to hurt the team in any way, so I don't know what all the bitching is about. Yay, veteran mentor...now how long until the draft?

  • He's certainly not going to hurt the team in any way, so I don't know what all the bitching is about. Yay, veteran mentor...now how long until the draft?

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @tml1138 said:

    He's certainly not going to hurt the team in any way, so I don't know what all the bitching is about. Yay, veteran mentor...now how long until the draft?

    There will always be people who hate on everything. They will be out in full force come draft day.

  • @mike-h said:

    Burleson could end up being the best signing this offseason.

    One year contract, probably cheap, and guys are bitching?

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #68

    @hoorta said:

    One year contract, probably cheap, and guys are bitching?

    Its no different with dhb. People are crying and if the steelers cut the guy it will cost the team 65k. If he comes in and produces hes a steal.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #69

    i'm not bitching. just didn't think the move was NECESSARY.

    big difference. doesn't hurt me one way or another.

    can't win for losing in this fucking place.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #70

    optimistically pessimistic

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #71

    pessimistically optimistic