Skip to content

True Detective

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
8 6 492
  • well with my 3 free months of h_b_o and my brand new 1 terabyte d_v_r I decided to record the entire first season.

    here's a question for those of you who watched the whole season.

    does it take an episode or 3 before it becomes engrossing? The first episode seemed to drag.

    I didn't get rolling on the following until I'd seen 2 or 3.

    WSS

  • The crime plot picks up pace but it will always be a close second fiddle to the character arcs and relationships between Rust and Marty. I was hooked in episode one but that's because I identified with Rust on many levels.

  • Story picks up momentum after second episode.

  • i called it the moment mcconaughey's character saw the dude on the lawnmower outside the school.

    thought it was one of the best series HBO has pumped out since deadwood and the wire.

    that opening sequence with the t.j. burnett song is off the hook.

  • Just finished the season. Intense. It's been a hot minute since I liked a single season of any show as.much.

  • I watched it through without my wife and now I'm watching it again with her. You pick up a lot of little hints on the second go around.

  • Season 5 of the Wire sucked. They changed all the characters personalities. Deadwood was great, especially the crude language and violence.

  • I started to get bored with Deadwood after Wild Bill Hickok got killed. I'm no fucking cock sucking pussy about bad language but I thought these guys went over the top for no reason.

    WSS