Late round prospects
-
Could it be Fales vs Wenning? I bet we go Fales....@mike-h said:
Seems like Browns are high on Wenning. I only saw him at the senior bowl and didn't hate what I saw.
@mike-h said:
Seems like Browns are high on Wenning. I only saw him at the senior bowl and didn't hate what I saw.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Could it be Fales vs Wenning? I bet we go Fales....
I would not be opposed to either Fales or Wenning. Would really like to see the Browns give Wenning a shot though because he's from around my hometown. Just would be cool to see.
If we drafted either of those guys I get the feeling that they wont be the only ones that are being drafted.
-
I'm feeling that, of all late round prospects, out focus should be on Keith Price out of Washington.
He's drawing Wilson comparisons and is fluent in a pro style offense playing under Steve Sarkisian.
I think taking him in the fifth and having him battle through training camp would be a very smart move.
I'm feeling that, of all late round prospects, out focus should be on Keith Price out of Washington.
He's drawing Wilson comparisons and is fluent in a pro style offense playing under Steve Sarkisian.
I think taking him in the fifth and having him battle through training camp would be a very smart move.
I liked that guy some years ago when he outplayed RGIII when they went head to head.
-
@mike-h said:
Seems like Browns are high on Wenning. I only saw him at the senior bowl and didn't hate what I saw.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Could it be Fales vs Wenning? I bet we go Fales....
I would not be opposed to either Fales or Wenning. Would really like to see the Browns give Wenning a shot though because he's from around my hometown. Just would be cool to see.
If we drafted either of those guys I get the feeling that they wont be the only ones that are being drafted.
I only said that for the play on words....I guess I FaledI would not be opposed to either Fales or Wenning. Would really like to see the Browns give Wenning a shot though because he's from around my hometown. Just would be cool to see.
If we drafted either of those guys I get the feeling that they wont be the only ones that are being drafted.
-
I only said that for the play on words....I guess I FaledI would not be opposed to either Fales or Wenning. Would really like to see the Browns give Wenning a shot though because he's from around my hometown. Just would be cool to see.
If we drafted either of those guys I get the feeling that they wont be the only ones that are being drafted.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
I only said that for the play on words....I guess I Faled
Now I get it. HAHA. Too many layers in that joke for me to first understand

-
Keith Price is awful at throwing a footballI'm feeling that, of all late round prospects, out focus should be on Keith Price out of Washington.
He's drawing Wilson comparisons and is fluent in a pro style offense playing under Steve Sarkisian.
I think taking him in the fifth and having him battle through training camp would be a very smart move.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Keith Price is awful at throwing a football
In what way?
-
I'm feeling that, of all late round prospects, out focus should be on Keith Price out of Washington.
He's drawing Wilson comparisons and is fluent in a pro style offense playing under Steve Sarkisian.
I think taking him in the fifth and having him battle through training camp would be a very smart move.
I liked that guy some years ago when he outplayed RGIII when they went head to head.
I liked that guy some years ago when he outplayed RGIII when they went head to head.
I like his playing style. He's fluent in the pro style offense, he's mobile enough to create plays and he throws a very tight spiral which would be very welcome in the Cleveland winds in December.
He's certainly a project, but I think that he has the highest upside of the later round prospects. I am not a fan of Fales nor Wenning.
-
I liked that guy some years ago when he outplayed RGIII when they went head to head.
I like his playing style. He's fluent in the pro style offense, he's mobile enough to create plays and he throws a very tight spiral which would be very welcome in the Cleveland winds in December.
He's certainly a project, but I think that he has the highest upside of the later round prospects. I am not a fan of Fales nor Wenning.
Dude has no accuracy after 10 yds, a funky windup, average arm strength, and had such a horrible senior bowl he didnt get a combine invite. He had a decent pro day, but if you want this guy you probably dont have to use a pick to get him. Ill take Brock Jensen over him.I like his playing style. He's fluent in the pro style offense, he's mobile enough to create plays and he throws a very tight spiral which would be very welcome in the Cleveland winds in December.
He's certainly a project, but I think that he has the highest upside of the later round prospects. I am not a fan of Fales nor Wenning.
-
Dude has no accuracy after 10 yds, a funky windup, average arm strength, and had such a horrible senior bowl he didnt get a combine invite. He had a decent pro day, but if you want this guy you probably dont have to use a pick to get him. Ill take Brock Jensen over him.I like his playing style. He's fluent in the pro style offense, he's mobile enough to create plays and he throws a very tight spiral which would be very welcome in the Cleveland winds in December.
He's certainly a project, but I think that he has the highest upside of the later round prospects. I am not a fan of Fales nor Wenning.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Dude has no accuracy after 10 yds, a funky windup, average arm strength, and had such a horrible senior bowl he didnt get a combine invite. He had a decent pro day, but if you want this guy you probably dont have to use a pick to get him. Ill take Brock Jensen over him.
Okay, so after you actually go watch video on Price, come back and revisit what you said.
Price is most accurate in the middle of the field on intermediate routes. His anticipation on crossing routes is maybe his best asset. He gets in trouble on swing throws and deep balls by not leading his receiver, his problem is more in the depth of his throws, not on the horizontal axis.
His delivery varies and can be messy, but when his mechanics are sound he doesn't have any sort of windup. There's some throws that he has an outright quick release. His arm strength is not an issue, he's made every NFL throw in Sarkisian's pro style offense. He doesn't have a cannon, but his arm strength is certainly average. He throws a tight spiral, which would be a welcome asset in miserable Cleveland weather. He's also shown the ability to throw in tight windows.
He is certainly a developmental QB, but he'll probably get drafted, even in this bottom heavy QB draft class.
Brock Jensen is slotted anywhere up to the fourth round, not exactly comparable to Price's ADP. Jensen is an intriguing prospect, but I think Price's ceiling is much higher and can be had much later.
Rob Rang, CBSSports
STRENGTHS: Scouts need not look much further down I-5 to see an undersized dual-threat passer in the Seahawks' Russell Wilson. Price is similarly light on his feet, showing good elusiveness to buy time in the pocket, as well as rolling out. He possesses adequate arm strength and throws a tight-spinning ball with good accuracy. Excellent mobility and toughness in buying time in the pocket, as well as scrambling, when necessary.
WEAKNESSES: Undersized at only 6-feet-1 and a shade over 202 pounds. Good, but not elite arm strength.
Like the "other" undersized quarterback playing in Seattle, Price is often miscast as possessing a weak arm because of his height, but he demonstrated plenty of velocity and accuracy that kept Washington competitive against Stanford and Oregon defenses full of NFL prospects.
After being shunned by the Combine selection committee, Price had to enjoy a strong performance at his Pro Day and he delivered, demonstrating very good mobility, accuracy and his underrated arm strength throughout the throwing session. Price, who measured in at 6-1 (even) and 204 pounds, started of the workout in confident fashion, delivering strikes on several deep throws to quickly erase any doubts about his arm strength.
-
uggh.
are you really condoning drafting 2 QBs? if so, why? because you're afraid the top drafted QB will fail?
man we have a lot of holes to fill and this is one of the best draft classes in a long time (according to the experts) so why not load up on the talent now? we'll need those picks to move up in the draft, if we choose to.
-
uggh.
are you really condoning drafting 2 QBs? if so, why? because you're afraid the top drafted QB will fail?
man we have a lot of holes to fill and this is one of the best draft classes in a long time (according to the experts) so why not load up on the talent now? we'll need those picks to move up in the draft, if we choose to.
uggh.
are you really condoning drafting 2 QBs? if so, why? because you're afraid the top drafted QB will fail?
man we have a lot of holes to fill and this is one of the best draft classes in a long time (according to the experts) so why not load up on the talent now? we'll need those picks to move up in the draft, if we choose to.
I'm condoning drafting three, or even four.
Yes. I am afraid that the top QB will fail. I'm also afraid that the next one might fail. And on top of all that, I'm afraid that they'll all tear their ACL's.
It's a deep year for QB's and we only have one on our roster, a 30 year old coming off major knee surgery with only a handful of starts to his name. He showed promise, but that's hardly a stacked resume.
I'd like to see us take a shot at the top QB and then take a developmental later in the draft.
Or just get crazy and take a Savage in the second, a Murray in the fourth and a Price in the seventh. Statistically, one has to be decent.
-
uggh.
are you really condoning drafting 2 QBs? if so, why? because you're afraid the top drafted QB will fail?
man we have a lot of holes to fill and this is one of the best draft classes in a long time (according to the experts) so why not load up on the talent now? we'll need those picks to move up in the draft, if we choose to.
I'm condoning drafting three, or even four.
Yes. I am afraid that the top QB will fail. I'm also afraid that the next one might fail. And on top of all that, I'm afraid that they'll all tear their ACL's.
It's a deep year for QB's and we only have one on our roster, a 30 year old coming off major knee surgery with only a handful of starts to his name. He showed promise, but that's hardly a stacked resume.
I'd like to see us take a shot at the top QB and then take a developmental later in the draft.
Or just get crazy and take a Savage in the second, a Murray in the fourth and a Price in the seventh. Statistically, one has to be decent.
I'm condoning drafting three, or even four.
Yes. I am afraid that the top QB will fail. I'm also afraid that the next one might fail. And on top of all that, I'm afraid that they'll all tear their ACL's.
It's a deep year for QB's and we only have one on our roster, a 30 year old coming off major knee surgery with only a handful of starts to his name. He showed promise, but that's hardly a stacked resume.
I'd like to see us take a shot at the top QB and then take a developmental later in the draft.
Or just get crazy and take a Savage in the second, a Murray in the fourth and a Price in the seventh. Statistically, one has to be decent.
really?
i'd love to see that mock.
btw, tanney is still on our roster and don't you think they'll sign a vet before all is said and done?
-
I'm condoning drafting three, or even four.
Yes. I am afraid that the top QB will fail. I'm also afraid that the next one might fail. And on top of all that, I'm afraid that they'll all tear their ACL's.
It's a deep year for QB's and we only have one on our roster, a 30 year old coming off major knee surgery with only a handful of starts to his name. He showed promise, but that's hardly a stacked resume.
I'd like to see us take a shot at the top QB and then take a developmental later in the draft.
Or just get crazy and take a Savage in the second, a Murray in the fourth and a Price in the seventh. Statistically, one has to be decent.
really?
i'd love to see that mock.
btw, tanney is still on our roster and don't you think they'll sign a vet before all is said and done?
really?
i'd love to see that mock.
btw, tanney is still on our roster and don't you think they'll sign a vet before all is said and done?
I wouldn't think so. Hoyer is the vet. Getting someone older wouldn't achieve anything. Hoyer's been in this league long enough and has learned from one of the greatest to play the game. Even if he doesn't have the resume to prove it, the subtle nuances of the game are all in his big egg head.
The more I watch Savage, the more I like him. But I wouldn't advocate placing all their eggs into that basket. I still believe Bortles to be head and shoulders the best in this class, but Savage would certainly be a great mid round pick if it weren't for his fucking phenomenal agent. Now he'll go in the first two rounds to NE or somewhere and probably be amazing.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login