Skip to content

The 2014 Schedule is Set

The Browns Board
152 30 3.6k
  • brutal start to the season...

    @b86b said:

    brutal start to the season...

    Easily, a 0-3 start and most likely and 0-4 end, so that would leave them with 7 losses right there. Its gonna be tough NOT to lose 9-10 games for the browns. Looks like 5-11 to me with honesty.

    @b86b said:

  • @b86b said:

    brutal start to the season...

    The last 4 games are worse.

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    The last 4 games are worse.

    Agreed, but by that time the Browns will most likely be out of the playoff push...I mean just honesty.

  • wow. what'd that take 3 mins for a rival's fan to post on this topic?

    dude you should be worried about the ratbirds. where ray rice go? oh that's right, to jail?

  • After the bye week, they have 5 games they should win. This is where we'll see if this team can do something.

    If our QB balls, we can win at least 9 games.

    @tiott said:

    After the bye week, they have 5 games they should win. This is where we'll see if this team can do something.

    If our QB balls, we can win at least 9 games.

    "If your QB balls" LOL you don't even know who your quarterback is....I mean 9 wins?! in the AFC north? Ummm...honest opinion, I don't see it. Its easily an 0-3 start. I think that's obviously going to happen. Then its mostly an 0-4 ending. So thats 7 losses right there. Its gonna be difficult for them NOT to lose 9-10 games. Every year a team loses a game they shouldn't. I think Browns will lose to Houston or TB and Buffalo. Which most fans would chalk up as wins.

  • What the fuck man? A week 4 BYE week is fucking gay. But, that said we don't usually have one that early so maybe it's the whole winds of change deal. Seriously I think we will be undefeated going into the BYE. That would be tits.

    @poeticg said:

    What the fuck man? A week 4 BYE week is fucking gay. But, that said we don't usually have one that early so maybe it's the whole winds of change deal. Seriously I think we will be undefeated going into the BYE. That would be tits.

    Undefeated? LOL you'll be lucky not to be 0-4. Its def an 0-3 start. I think honestly, they will be 1-3 or most likely 0-4 searching for serious answers come the bye week where whoever they draft at QB this year will start his first career game after the bye when Hoyer is benched after horrid start to the season....

  • @b86b said:

    last 5 of 6..

    I'm not sold on Atlanta yet. And Buffalo, hell we beat them last year, and I think this team will be much improved, not only to start the season, but by the time they roll into Buffalo.

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    I'm not sold on Atlanta yet. And Buffalo, hell we beat them last year, and I think this team will be much improved, not only to start the season, but by the time they roll into Buffalo.

    First of all, you had issues beating Buffalo (at home last year) and E.J. Manuel was knocked out. This games in Buffalo and because they KNOW Pettine, the Bills will win. They're tough at home. Also, most likely its an 0-4 start to the season. Best at 1-3 and searching for serious answers come week 4 bye. It looks like an 0-4 ending to the season as well.

    That's my honest opinion, not some trolling answer.

  • wow. here come the trolls.

  • Gotta go 4-2 in the division... at worst, that's where it all starts...

    Should be winnable against TEN, OAK, JAX, TB, BUF, HOU, and ATL... maybe 4-3

    Tough ones against NO, IND, and CAR... maybe 1-2

    9-7 ... close, but not quite depending on how the rest of the division fairs

    @thenew23 said:

    Gotta go 4-2 in the division... at worst, that's where it all starts...

    Should be winnable against TEN, OAK, JAX, TB, BUF, HOU, and ATL... maybe 4-3

    Tough ones against NO, IND, and CAR... maybe 1-2

    9-7 ... close, but not quite depending on how the rest of the division fairs

    Fair assessment, but I will say I think they go at best 2-4 in the division. Most likely 1-5. Then from there I think they lose @TEN, @BUF, and @ATL. home to either HOU and TB are wins so I would say here its 3-4 and then I am not sold on CAR being good again, but that games in CAR, so I will say they lose that too, but giving them the nod thats 1-2 like you mentioned.

    That leaves the Browns at about 5-11 or 6-10. Its just being honest, I mean they have no reason to think any better.

  • Panthers are worse on paper now than they were last year.

    @osiris said:

    Panthers are worse on paper now than they were last year.

    Totally agree with this assessment. I am not sold on them. I think thye are the team that goes backwards this year (see last years Texans).

  • it ain't that bad, c'mon.

    we have to believe that we are the up and comers in our division. cincy is our toughest opponent at this point and with another wild card loss on his resume i think dalton and his team are starting to question themselves. i think they are vulnerable and with our defense it's time to put the smack down on dat azz.

    fuck the steelers. the only bastion of hope they have left is their QB and it's been shown that teams are just opening the flood gates on this guy and you have to ask yourself (and i know i've been saying this for 4 years now) how long can this guy take this kind of beating. yeah he's strong and physical but if you keep chopping at a redwood long enough it's going to fall. we have more talent and are younger at almost every position. i think pettine will have them playing tough and we will finally get over the mental aspect of these guys standing in our way.

    AND baltimore can suck my ballz. there's nothing about them that should scare any fan of the browns. it's going to be like beating up on your younger brother.

    outside the conference the atlanta and carolina games are the toughest. i think both will be vying for serious playoff contention and carolina is poised to go to the championship game IMO. sure NO is good but they suck outside. they're lucky they're coming here in september.

    as long as we go over .500 i'm happy BUT i think we pound the shit out of the teams in our division and eek out a 9-10 win season which would lead to a wild card spot in the playoffs with the AFCN title.

    @miktoxic said:

    it ain't that bad, c'mon.

    we have to believe that we are the up and comers in our division. cincy is our toughest opponent at this point and with another wild card loss on his resume i think dalton and his team are starting to question themselves. i think they are vulnerable and with our defense it's time to put the smack down on dat azz.

    fuck the steelers. the only bastion of hope they have left is their QB and it's been shown that teams are just opening the flood gates on this guy and you have to ask yourself (and i know i've been saying this for 4 years now) how long can this guy take this kind of beating. yeah he's strong and physical but if you keep chopping at a redwood long enough it's going to fall. we have more talent and are younger at almost every position. i think pettine will have them playing tough and we will finally get over the mental aspect of these guys standing in our way.

    AND baltimore can suck my ballz. there's nothing about them that should scare any fan of the browns. it's going to be like beating up on your younger brother.

    outside the conference the atlanta and carolina games are the toughest. i think both will be vying for serious playoff contention and carolina is poised to go to the championship game IMO. sure NO is good but they suck outside. they're lucky they're coming here in september.

    as long as we go over .500 i'm happy BUT i think we pound the shit out of the teams in our division and eek out a 9-10 win season which would lead to a wild card spot in the playoffs with the AFCN title.

    This is a pathetic and hilarious assessment of the Browns upcoming schedule. And anyone who takes you serious needs to have their head examined. I understand your Bias and thats fine as you're probably a diehard, but this is just complete asinine

  • so we only have one national game. wonder if we pick up johny football we will some flex schedule changes.

    @lbc-mike said:

    so we only have one national game. wonder if we pick up johny football we will some flex schedule changes.

    Why would you deserve more than one?

  • Unfortuneatly, if you all decide to have the big tailgate weekend the week they play the Steelers at home, I will not be able to participate as that is the week I am off to Montana to fly fish with my boy.

    Maybe make it the Ravens weekend?

    Or maybe the Raiders game....Oct. 26...which is a 4:25 start>

    @the-gipper said:

    Unfortuneatly, if you all decide to have the big tailgate weekend the week they play the Steelers at home, I will not be able to participate as that is the week I am off to Montana to fly fish with my boy.

    Maybe make it the Ravens weekend?

    Or maybe the Raiders game....Oct. 26...which is a 4:25 start>

    I'll be there for the Ravens game lol

  • wow. what'd that take 3 mins for a rival's fan to post on this topic?

    dude you should be worried about the ratbirds. where ray rice go? oh that's right, to jail?

    @miktoxic said:

    wow. what'd that take 3 mins for a rival's fan to post on this topic?

    dude you should be worried about the ratbirds. where ray rice go? oh that's right, to jail?

    Huh? I've been on this page a while now. I enjoy good Football talk. I am not bias I am just honest. If you act like a child, I will just ignore you because I am not looking for fights.

  • wow. here come the trolls.

    @miktoxic said:

    wow. here come the trolls.

    No trolling around here....just honest opinions. I have no issue in arguing opinions with you. We may just agree to disagree.

  • @walterwhite said:

    Hey Bag O'Dicks,

    stop saying "LOL"

    You sound like a fucking troll twat and you sound like a fat man.

    I'm glad...

  • @walterwhite said:

    We already knew that you blithering dunce

    Speak English then come at me. Also, someone who doesn't know what winning looks and feels like can't comment to me. Goodbye. You are just a troll for starting nonsense. I'm just here to talk and have normal conversation/give my opinion.

  • @slimdawg said:

    I think that the season opener at pissburgh will ultimately set the tone for the season. I'm not 100% sure but I believe our last decent season (2007) we opened against the stoolers and had a early bye. Hopefully we can match or exceed that years win total. GO BROWNS!!

    I was at that opener.. Charlie Frye started, and it was literally a comedy of errors. On one play, a 4th down punt, they called 4 or 5 penalties on the Browns. The referee was laughing. I kid you not.

    @john.r.brown1968 said:

    I was at that opener.. Charlie Frye started, and it was literally a comedy of errors. On one play, a 4th down punt, they called 4 or 5 penalties on the Browns. The referee was laughing. I kid you not.

    didn't Frye get benched for DA right after the 1st quarter? IIRC he did...then they played the Bungles week two and he lit it up. first play he hit Braylon for a TD on a go route down the left side. that game was a barn burner...both teams combined for over 90 points. that game gave them back their confidence the first game stole.

    anyway...i totally disagree w the apprehension. to me that schedule looks soft and they gave us a gift. there isn't a single unwinnable game on it.

    i see us winning10 games...maybe more.

    Carolina, Indy, and N.O. will look past us, good teams always do. it's the games we're supposed to win I worry about the most. like Tennessee and Houston.

    but hotlanta??? psh...please. they were like 4-12 WITH a franchise QB.

    and screw Buffalo...Pettine has their number. besides, when is the last time they actually beat us? seems like the 80s. always fun games to watch though, and i do like their fans.

  • Bag of Dicks you've reached you're 75 posts in an hour max quota...go have some lunch and let the Browns fans have their thread back plz.

  • @john.r.brown1968 said:

    I was at that opener.. Charlie Frye started, and it was literally a comedy of errors. On one play, a 4th down punt, they called 4 or 5 penalties on the Browns. The referee was laughing. I kid you not.

    didn't Frye get benched for DA right after the 1st quarter? IIRC he did...then they played the Bungles week two and he lit it up. first play he hit Braylon for a TD on a go route down the left side. that game was a barn burner...both teams combined for over 90 points. that game gave them back their confidence the first game stole.

    anyway...i totally disagree w the apprehension. to me that schedule looks soft and they gave us a gift. there isn't a single unwinnable game on it.

    i see us winning10 games...maybe more.

    Carolina, Indy, and N.O. will look past us, good teams always do. it's the games we're supposed to win I worry about the most. like Tennessee and Houston.

    but hotlanta??? psh...please. they were like 4-12 WITH a franchise QB.

    and screw Buffalo...Pettine has their number. besides, when is the last time they actually beat us? seems like the 80s. always fun games to watch though, and i do like their fans.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    didn't Frye get benched for DA right after the 1st quarter? IIRC he did...then they played the Bungles week two and he lit it up. first play he hit Braylon for a TD on a go route down the left side. that game was a barn burner...both teams combined for over 90 points. that game gave them back their confidence the first game stole.

    anyway...i totally disagrew w the apprehension. to me that schedule looks soft and they gave us a gift. there isn't a single unwinnable game on it.

    i see us winning10 games...maybe more.

    Carolina, Indy, and N.O. will look past us, good teams always do. it's the games we're supposed to win I worry about the most.

    and screw Buffalo...Pettine has their number. besides, when is the last time they actually beat us? seems like the 80s. always fun games to watch though, and i do like their fans.

    I really can't take this assessment serious. 10 wins?! ' a stretch. The Browns need to learn how to win its not easy they haven't done that in a while...you wouldn't know what it takes to win. Indy and NO those are 2 losses. and many more. They will most likely start the year 0-3 and the finish 0-4 that's 7 losses right there...

  • Bag of Dicks you've reached you're 75 posts in an hour max quota...go have some lunch and let the Browns fans have their thread back plz.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    Bag of Dicks you've reached you're 75 posts in an hour max quota...go have some lunch and let the Browns fans have their thread back plz.

    No one took it from you....you guys just don't know how to talk normally. its always curse words and stupidity.

    Learn how to have a normal convo with legitimate opinions